WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What board to replace Company Severance? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795057)

brainrinse 08-14-2012 8:50 AM

What board to replace Company Severance?

Finally broke my Company Severance. What boards should I check out as replacements? (99% behind the boat, 1% cable) I tried a Slingshot Hooke which was very similar but had less flex, a little more locked in, and a little faster. What else should I be looking at? Thanks!

tampawake 08-14-2012 9:09 AM

I would look at Phalanx. Boards sound indestructible and so far customer service has been great.

brainrinse 08-14-2012 9:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tampawake (Post 1775766)
I would look at Phalanx. Boards sound indestructible and so far customer service has been great.

Thanks, will do. Which model have you ridden?

Reez 08-14-2012 9:31 AM

I switched from a severance to the slingshot hooke. It is quite a bit stiffer but I love the hooke. I cant quite butter like i could on the severance with it but its an awesome board. Maybe somethig a litte softer from the ballistics line would suit you

brainrinse 08-14-2012 9:31 AM

Just looked at the site and the Phalanx boards all looked like continuous rockers with hybrid construction. Do they make a wood core 3 stage?

brainrinse 08-14-2012 9:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reez (Post 1775772)
I switched from a severance to the slingshot hooke. It is quite a bit stiffer but I love the hooke. I cant quite butter like i could on the severance with it but its an awesome board. Maybe somethig a litte softer from the ballistics line would suit you

Thanks, Bob! I only rode the Hooke for one set - did my comments seem fairly accurate? Has your riding changed at all since getting the Hooke?

brainrinse 08-14-2012 9:45 AM

The Slingshot Recoil looks like it could be a winner. I'll do some forum searches, but any feedback on that specific board?

jburbo 08-14-2012 9:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brainrinse (Post 1775773)
Just looked at the site and the Phalanx boards all looked like continuous rockers with hybrid construction. Do they make a wood core 3 stage?

right now we do not have a 3 stage board available. the closest board we will have to what you are looking for will be the CFR, it has more flex in the tip/tail and a featureless bottom. they wont be out until later this year though.... i would be happy to help you out on a baord, but i dont know that we will have anything that will ride like a Severance.

Reez 08-14-2012 10:04 AM

Brian your assesment of the hooke was right on. My riding style has changed a bit but i think for the better. I loved slipping around on the seerance but i found I was spending alot of energy. The hooke is a faster more effortless ride. It has more pop with similar landings. It took me a bit to adjust because it wasnt as loose but my wake tricks have gotten alot better from riding it. If you dont care that you will lose some flex/looseness I dont see what you wont like about it.

adam_balon 08-16-2012 9:37 PM

liquid force flx is the same deck essentially.... i made the move to a watson hybrid and liked the deck. a hair stiffer.... but nothing too crazy.