WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   O'Brien Local feedback??? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779718)

timmo 05-20-2010 1:52 PM

O'Brien Local feedback???

Anyone got one of these? Superflexy & such a slick profile, but how do they stand up to cable use & slider abuse?

I was after a slingshot, but they're making it awful hard to buy from them in the UK...

andy_nintzel 05-20-2010 3:00 PM

I ride the Local all the time jibbing and LOVE it. Its a great board for the Cable and for behind the boat! Its super fun to jib on and fast on the rails. Really takes you back the first time you jib on it becuase its super quiet on the rails. It makes no noise on the jibs. The best part is it HAS A SLIDER WARRANTY! So you can abuse it and your protected!

timmo 05-21-2010 2:31 AM

Thanks Andy, appreciate it!

Anyone NOT sponsored by O'Brien got an opinion!??

andy_nintzel 05-21-2010 5:59 AM

My Homie Craig Kotilinek (Managing editor WBM) rides one I will have him give you a review.

will5150 05-21-2010 6:05 AM

Looks more like 2 than one- isn't this just a set of trick skiis with fins on the front?

mpfiste2 05-21-2010 12:39 PM

I have been riding the Local this season. I get a ton of compliments on the board. I haven't ridden cable much but I love it behind the boat. The EVA rails are soft on the hands for grabs. I was skeptical because of the price but have been extremely pleased so far.

rknott 05-21-2010 1:09 PM

The Local is a caps lock RAD. It entire core is EVA and the base is super durable. The awesome part about having the entire core made of EVA is that if the edge gets damaged it will not soak up water (like a foam or wood core). Also if you want to shorten it or change the tip/tail profile you can simply take a jigsaw to it and cut your own shape...Then with a little sandpaper it can be cleaned up. I'd recommend getting the bigger one, so you can change the profile to your liking. It pretty cool to have your own customizable board.

ethan31 05-21-2010 10:41 PM

Can anyone compare it to a slingshot response?

Custom shape....Now you got me thinking!

timmo 05-22-2010 4:34 AM

Thanks guys, really, really appreciate the input.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfiste2 (Post 1588031)
I haven't ridden cable much but I love it behind the boat.

Mark, do you think if I take the fins out there's still enough edge to get some real height for surface tricks on the cable? I love the idea of NO moulded fins, but this bad boy literally has nothing, so if I go finless it's all about the edge!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfiste2 (Post 1588031)
I was skeptical because of the price but have been extremely pleased so far.

UK retail for the local is £260- that's $375 for the board alone. I love the look of the Watson Hybrid, that retails at £399 here, that's a ridiculous $577!!! If I was stateside it's what $449!!

We get ripped right off over here!