WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   SUPRA 21 V wake question (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793113)

Reez 05-01-2012 10:14 AM

SUPRA 21 V wake question

Got my new to me 05 21V and swapped out the stock ballas bags in the back for 750s and the middle for the 1100 bag. I have also changed my prop. It seems like when im full I have to go about 25 to keep the wake from washing on one side. This is just a tad faster than i like to ride. My rope is 75 feet. Any recommendations? Shorten the rope again? Less weight?

redsupralaunch 05-01-2012 10:27 AM

I have owned 3 21V's The 21V is a very rear heavy boat.

You cannot fill the 750's up all the way if you do not add another 400 (1150+400) up front. If you dont add the 400 up front you need to back off the rear bags to about 500 each. That boat is money when you add a 550 cross ways in the bow.

mallenger 05-01-2012 10:30 AM

Bob, I have a 2010 21v and run a very similar setup (750s in back, 800+300 up front plus 350 just in front of the rear seat). I usually ride with a driver + 2 more normal sized people in the boat. I run the wake plate at 50%, rope at 75-80ft and ride at about 24.5... Wake is great in my opinion, not super huge, but very clean and poppy.

I think we have the same hull, i'm not sure. I would guess that your speedometer is off. Check your speed with a gps device. Also, do you have a wake plate and if so where are you running it? The boat is a little sensitive to weight being equal on both sides, so try moving people around the boat to clean up one side.

Reez 05-01-2012 11:09 AM

I think it could be a speedometer/perfect pass issue. it is fine untill the ride cuts then everything gets goofy. Think the perfect pass needs to be calibrated?

FunkyBunch 05-01-2012 11:55 AM

Supra's are notorious for this. They will wash even when you get it dialed on the opposite side from the rider as they rock the boat as they edge out and in. You will need more weight in the front like Chris said if your going to run the 750's full. The best thing I can say is keep the front to rear balance 50/50 if not 45/65 and then keep the plate down to help clean the wake up.

MUNS 05-01-2012 12:01 PM

I also have the 05 21v and the perfect pass needs to be re calibrated all the time. With the ignition off press the on/off and menu buttons together on the pp and turn the ignition on, this will re set your pp and everything will be tickety boo!

I have been looking at upgrading my rear ballast as well. I want the 565lbs since they will actually fit the locker, but I don't understand why they cost more than the 750's. How full can you get those 750's?

Reez 05-01-2012 12:05 PM

the 750s will fit in your locker completely full actually. But as others said it creats quite a bit of rear weight. I am going to use my old sacks for more front weight and see how taht works.

jeff_mn 05-01-2012 12:28 PM

Yup, add more up front of drop a bit from the back.

luke22885 05-01-2012 1:03 PM

I just got same boat new to me this year and have been playing around with it as well. I was having the same issue and I only have 650s in rear. After not filling them all the way once I decided to add a 550 i had to the front as noted by others and it helped out greatly. I was able to put the plate at just under 50%, the nose stayed lower (it was higher than i liked with out front weight), and wake was great.

tyler97217 05-01-2012 1:13 PM

Just like others are saying....
-Too much weight in the back unless you plan on adding more weight up front or front middle. If you want to remove from the back, try and do it evenly and try to run a bit heavier on the port side to remove the port side lip you are experiencing. Move your passengers forward too, to compensate for the weight.
-Check your speedo and calibrate it with a GPS. I have seen this many times when you think you are running faster than you really are.
-Change your KW and NN settings on your perfect pass as that changes once you change the weight that much

Play around with it for a bit, but you will figure it all out and that wake is money with all that weight. I am just not a big advocate in the 750's in the rear unless you really know the boat and how to compensate for it. It can handle it, but you have to know how to move weight forward or not fill them all the way. The 650's do a little better job in this situation, cause they come forward under the seat bases and push the weight forward a bit more. You will certainly have to run close to 24MPH though with that weight.

redsupralaunch 05-01-2012 1:23 PM

Reguarding the wake of the 21V, when all ballast and perfect pass is set up properly, it is one of the most stable wakes from side to side that can be bought because the hull is so flat. Its much less sensitive than the 22 or 24.

As a tournament driver, we have to get in a boat and set it up to be perfect. Im going to share how we would do it for your 05 21V

In 2005, perfect pass was not yet fly by wire, so you need to be aware that you should be adjusting the perfect pass sensitivity with 500lbs change in total ballast ( ballast +passanger).

But basiclly the perfect pass NN adjusts how often the computer checks the signal paddle wheel signal and the KDW adjusts the sensitivity of the increase of throtle when a riders pulls hard.

I forget what the factory default on perfect pass was but its not what you want for the MODIFIED BALLAST you are running. You need to be running running 80-90 NN and 160-190 KDW. Once you get the NN set dont ever touch it again and only adjust with KDW.

Here is how to dial in your 21V. First GPS your speed near 23MPH.

Second, Fill all front and rear very full, without pulling a rider, set your wakeplate to 50% and get your front to rear weight ratio set by empting out some rear ballast. Too much weight in rear makes the wake unclean. Now if someone gets in or out of the boat you know exactly how much to add or take away in terms of the front/rear ratio or just make a wakeplate adjustment.

Third. Throw in a rider and start adjusting perfect pass with 80NN 160 KDW Find your perfect baseline by trying a few settings. You may find your crew to be best at 80NN 170 KDW every boat is a little different

Finally knowing your perfect baseline setup specific to your typical crew, If 500lbs of more people get in the boat, make sure you distribute evenly over front-rear and add 10 to KDW. Add another 500lbs add another 10 KDW.

Here is the link you want to read about perfect pass. http://www.perfectpass.com/sites/all...mechanical.pdf

Reez 05-01-2012 6:55 PM

Thank you so much your a scholar and a gentlemen