WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Liquid Force & Lyman (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782659)

Kane 08-13-2010 3:37 AM

Liquid Force & Lyman

Can anyone tell me what the deal is the LF and Lyman, there is no Lyman in this years line up.
:(

cwb4me 08-13-2010 5:13 AM

rumor has it he is leaving. number 1 suitor is company.all i've heard.

hyperlite 08-13-2010 5:39 AM

Finally

hawkeye7708 08-13-2010 6:29 AM

I was just about to post a Thread similar to this. Oh man... it's like big league free agency... all over again!

bmr82 08-13-2010 6:37 AM

I new something was up when he wasn't at brostock. A LF rider said that LF wouldn't pay his way to come out there. If he goes to company, guess I know what's on my Christmas list. And I bet he would get his own bindings too. New boat sponsor, new board sponsor,....what a year for Keith man.

bmr82 08-13-2010 6:41 AM

Not to mention, Lyman and the Vandall riding under all the same sponsors......their team videos would probably blow up the universe.

hawkeye7708 08-13-2010 7:00 AM

Just putting it out there... his big Ole's would look pretty sweet if he was rocking a pair of Ronix One's on a Viva. JUST putting it out there.... haha

andy_nintzel 08-13-2010 8:04 AM

All signs that I have heard point to Company.

dyost 08-13-2010 8:57 AM

big question is will he have a board this year. And if so will it be a flex? I would guess if he does in fact wind up on company that he'll be on randall's stick this season. Although if anyone could turn out a board in short order it would be company (made in the usa baby...)

Man you gotta love the rumor mill.

wake77 08-13-2010 9:59 AM

Yeah, I am thinking Company. Ronix wouldn't be a big surprise either.

kyle_L 08-13-2010 10:27 AM

The Company + Axis + Randall thing would all make sense but man would it be sweet if Ronix got him on board and hooked him up with a pro model. I honestly don't think i've seen a person on a lyman board before so that definitely could be an issue. Most of the guys on LF were sponsored by Monster too except for Keith.

pc_sledge 08-13-2010 4:38 PM

Man that sucks. It means the end to my favorite shape ever. Well I suppose I should keep an open mind, hell, maybe his next shape will be even better... if thats possible.

jdwake1 08-13-2010 4:57 PM

Well here is next years boards, don't see lymans ... http://liquidforcewake.com.au/wakeboards/

cwb4me 08-13-2010 4:58 PM

remember hyperlite has lost alot of riders maybe they are going after lyman.he is good buddies with shaun murray.just another possibility to chew on.

hawkeye7708 08-13-2010 4:58 PM

If Ronix snagged Lyman... that would be epic. Parks, Harf, Chad, Smith, Ruck, Errington.... plus Lyman? It would be the most stacked boarding style team in the history of standing sideways on water!

However, I agree with the ideas above and Company it would seem would be what could be happening given his links to Company Co-Owner and Axis teammate Randall Harris.

jonb 08-13-2010 5:35 PM

I dont know about that one. Hyperlite in 2002-2004 was probably the best team ever.

jsweat 08-13-2010 5:45 PM

Lyman is good friends with Justin Stephens also.

He almost signed with them when company first came out but he was under contract with LF at the time

08-14-2010 12:43 AM

Company - Confirmed

bmr82 08-14-2010 3:19 AM

Ben please elaborate. That is gonna be sick. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

Kane 08-16-2010 1:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle_L (Post 1621769)
I honestly don't think i've seen a person on a lyman board before so that definitely could be an issue.

That's really weird, I would have said it was one for LF's top selling boards, they are very popular where I ride and judging by the number of reviews on the wakeworld gear section they are up there sales wise.

Ben, any links? There's nothing on the Company website.

Have LF also parted ways with Harrington and Ennen? I don't see thier boards in this years line up either.

jsweat 08-16-2010 6:38 AM

i dont think they would let harrington go, but i am thinking that ennen may be gone not sure, who knows

ghettofab 08-16-2010 9:15 AM

I talked to lyman this weekend at PWT #5. He is not confirming anything. Liquid Force and him are done. But only one other company is really in talks with him and that company isnt even speculated here. I dont see him going to company....

hyperlite 08-16-2010 9:54 AM

Hmmmm. Honestly everyone has an opportunity to get him. Even phlanx. Remember that company? Ricky g is going to be hitting it hard im sure. Theres also cwb, slingshot (doubtful) and a ton more. Hell obrien could use a facelift for sure and need someone like keith to revamp them. Theyve been out of the spotlight for a while. Just have to wait and see im sure.

behindtheboat 08-16-2010 10:02 AM

not sure how to best describe this, but I'll try. This scenario makes me think about how when LF got Lyman, and the "relationship" that was formed, and everyone was so stoked on seeing what would bud from that. Well it did, a nice board came out of it, and whether or not a bunch sold, it seems that that relationship is no longer. So now he moves on (speculative for now). Hops on a different company, people will get all excited and the same routine. This type of thing devalues nearly everything a Pro may say. What boat do they prefer to ride? Of course the one paying them, whether it's good or not. What board do they prefer? The one that their paying sponsor would like to see more sales of (until a Pro model comes out). I know it's just part of the game, but all the shifting, promotion, etc, just makes me wonder how much if ever is true that is said and promoted. At least Randall's shapes haven't really changed, but the name, promotion and marketing for them have changed multiple times over the last decade.

All the best to Lyman. I say it's Hyperlite. :)

jsweat 08-16-2010 11:06 AM

what if he goes back to j star

liquidmx 08-16-2010 12:35 PM

A-dub...that's been the routine FOREVER. Maybe now you are seeing it a bit more with the economy etc. But just about every shaper, designer, rider, etc. says the newest design is the best yet, blah blah blah. In fact I remember reading an article for the Conspiracy saying it was super loose when flat, etc. haha. Same ish, new year.

jrw160 08-16-2010 2:09 PM

Slingshot is what I heard from a few people at the last pwt stop

jsweat 08-16-2010 6:43 PM

if thats the case then looks like slingshot will be making a rigid board. i could see him going with phalanx

adambarry 08-16-2010 9:21 PM

If Lyman goes to company.. Lyman and Randall riding for both axis and company, that's scary! Although I am sad to see him leave LF I think having him on Company with Randall Harris would be sick!

08-17-2010 12:53 AM

I was not just stating a guess.. I have heard it from the horses mouth. Keith Lyman will be with Company Wakeboards!!

Period.

Kane 08-17-2010 1:52 AM

Lyman to Byerly......... now that would be cool.

ghettofab 08-17-2010 7:57 AM

straight from lyman huh?

andy_nintzel 08-17-2010 8:07 AM

I am feeling a Dark horse on this one, a company like jobe snatching him up.

wake77 08-17-2010 8:12 AM

He used to ride for JStar, so I don't think that would be a huge stretch.

andy_nintzel 08-17-2010 10:01 AM

What I would LOVE is to see him slide over to O'brien!

kyle_m 08-17-2010 10:18 AM

andy i think the dark horse for this one would be wakeology, who knows how about instead of throwing out assumptions we wait til the official news is released, just sayin lol

hyperlite 08-17-2010 11:23 AM

Hahahaha. I love it

dguille 08-18-2010 11:16 AM

Ennen is officially with Sling Shot now.......

snoopy1173 08-18-2010 11:28 AM

Yeah i was wondering what happened to Ennen. I saw some pics of his 2010 hybrid board which never made it to the stores. Then the 2011 henshaw DLX? has the same graphics as ennens 2010 board. I think its called the DLX.

austin 08-20-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by behindtheboat (Post 1622784)
not sure how to best describe this, but I'll try. This scenario makes me think about how when LF got Lyman, and the "relationship" that was formed, and everyone was so stoked on seeing what would bud from that. Well it did, a nice board came out of it, and whether or not a bunch sold, it seems that that relationship is no longer. So now he moves on (speculative for now). Hops on a different company, people will get all excited and the same routine. This type of thing devalues nearly everything a Pro may say. What boat do they prefer to ride? Of course the one paying them, whether it's good or not. What board do they prefer? The one that their paying sponsor would like to see more sales of (until a Pro model comes out). I know it's just part of the game, but all the shifting, promotion, etc, just makes me wonder how much if ever is true that is said and promoted. At least Randall's shapes haven't really changed, but the name, promotion and marketing for them have changed multiple times over the last decade.

All the best to Lyman. I say it's Hyperlite. :)

Like m-dizzle said, this isn't exactly new. The real question that I've been wondering about is exactly how much freedom the pros have to create a pro model that's exactly what they prefer to ride. Are they required to make it substantially different from current boards in the lineup or could they make whatever they want even if it's practically identically to a current board? Are they given certain objectives or general guidelines they're required to follow?