WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Which binding has the best cushion? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789938)

pingo 09-02-2011 6:57 AM

Which binding has the best cushion?

I'm thinking to buy a new binding. At the moment I'm using the LF Shane Bonifay Boot from 2009.
Most important for me is that the new binding has a good cushion which is dampening my hard landings.
I like the 2012 Ronix Frank Boots because of the orange colour, but they seem to have less cushion?

Which Binding would you suggest?

Thanks

09-02-2011 8:48 AM

Check out the hyperlite team boots or 2010 hyp or byerly boots

501s 09-02-2011 11:36 AM

Look into the Ronix One's. Very cushiony and I really like their baseless system. I have never had any issues with heel bruises or hard landings due to these bindings.

guido 09-02-2011 12:13 PM

The higher end CWB's with the super feet and the cushy base plate are pretty hard to beat. The AA's, Marius' are my first choices.

Bumpass1 09-02-2011 1:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 501s (Post 1706056)
Look into the Ronix One's. Very cushiony and I really like their baseless system. I have never had any issues with heel bruises or hard landings due to these bindings.

+1

09-02-2011 6:09 PM

I can tell you the hyperlite is cushier than the ronix. No idea how it compares to liquid or cwb. I've never put my foot in a boot with more dampening than hyperlite or byerly(basically the same) system are not cushy.

09-02-2011 9:33 PM

The hyperlite feels more rubbery like a gummy bear than the ronix, so in that way it may be more cushiony, but I really can't find a more comfortable boot than ronix ones.

pingo 09-03-2011 12:43 AM

Thanks. Is there a difference in cushion between the Ronix One and the Ronix Frank?

wakerider111 09-03-2011 10:13 PM

I think that the most cooshiest footbed EVER was the original LF Vantage boot. BUT, in my crew's opinion, while they are nice and soft they are actually TOO soft. The boot looses its support briefly on impacts because the foot sinks so deep into the mmmm sooo fluffy footbed creating more space between your foot and the wraps.
LF has since gone to a little more firm footbed from my perspective.

on average, year to year, i personally think hyperlite overall has the cooshiest footbeds.

It all comes down to a preference though. it is amazing how we all feel very different things for the same things.

OR you can try something a little out-there, and wear thick neoprene socks (3-5mm or so) with your boot of choice (sized a little big of course) and add a little layer of coosh ALL THE WAY AROUND your foot. My buddy and I swear by this!!

kitewake 09-06-2011 1:40 AM

I think that bindings with thick foam footbeds are a recipe for disaster. That compressible medium, during a serious impact, creates room for your foot to displace, making the possibility of serious injury greater in a bad fall. I learned first hand with higher end CWBs when I 1st started riding. I ended up with a terrible eversion sprain, that still bothers me 2-1/2 years later. Thanks but no thanks. I went to Slingshot D2's (virtually no padding), on the recommendation of a friend who is an Orthopedic Surgeon. I have taken worse, more tweaked falls, and not been hurt anything like I was with the CWBs. When I smack a hard landing...it is because I did not lead with the tail slightly....rider error...at least that's how I look at it. I will take a hard landing over a tweaked or broken ankle/lower leg any day.