WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Heat mold Company Vandall bindings? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788253)

the_fish 06-16-2011 7:43 AM

Heat mold Company Vandall bindings?

For those who have done this, do the 2010 vandall binding liners come out to mold them? The liner came out easy on my 09s but these almost seem like they aren't supposed to be removed. I want to be sure before I pull on these any harder

skiboarder 06-16-2011 8:15 AM

I wouldn't mold them. The liners are thin enough that they break in easy.

I used to ride the pros and it only took a few rides for a proper fit.

Molding any binding is way overhyped. Most often you will get a better fit after a little regular use.

the_fish 06-16-2011 12:06 PM

Thanks ill give that a try. Not sure Im going to like these bc it doesnt seem like I can get the boot very snug. How did you like your pros?

hyperliterider90 06-16-2011 3:07 PM

im trying to decide between the pros and the vandells.. any help?

the_fish 06-17-2011 6:20 AM

I just rode my vandalls yesterday and I one thing I noticed is the boot definitely is a large fit. My 2009 size 10s fit a hair small and these 2010 vandalls fit really loose (I could have prob had a better fit with a size 9). After putting my foot in to test the velcro straps I originally thought the velcro wouldn't get tight enough but you can get them on there pretty tight. I'm still trying to figure out if these boots are designed to fit this big/loose or if it is supposed to fit snug like most and I just need to move down a size. I could wiggle my toes freely, but the odd part is that my heel would lift a bit inside the boot; however, it didnt seem to lift in my edging and somehow still felt pretty comfortable during my ride. Had a hard fall and I didnt come out and these are the easiest boot to put on/take off Ive seen. Overall: I like the boots but Im not sure I can get used to the large fit so Im going to look into an exchange for the Co. Pro boot. Hope this helps!

the_fish 06-17-2011 7:36 AM

Wont let me edit the reply:

I just re-read the description and it says it's designed to let the rider come out in a hard fall, so maybe thats where the loose feel comes from. regardless, its a good boot and I dont think the laces on the pro will fix that (too risky to bump down to a 9) so Ill prob keep them. And the boot flexes a ton as well

skiboarder 06-17-2011 8:11 AM

I didn't really care for them at all, but I was coming off a pair of Ronix (tough to beat).

I have a fairly narrow foot and could not get the area across my toes sung. I even added eyes to extend to laces further down the foot and even cut a V out of toe-box and sticked it back together.

Currently I am wearing a set of Ones.

the_fish 06-17-2011 8:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiboarder (Post 1686983)
I didn't really care for them at all, but I was coming off a pair of Ronix (tough to beat).

I have a fairly narrow foot and could not get the area across my toes sung. I even added eyes to extend to laces further down the foot and even cut a V out of toe-box and sticked it back together.

Currently I am wearing a set of Ones.

Are these liners supposed to be able to come out? Im not trying to mold them anymore but Im a big fan of the removable liner and it doesnt seem these come out. So I guess you have to stick the whole binding in the oven to mold?

skiboarder 06-17-2011 9:21 AM

They do not come out as far as I could tell.