WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through February 24, 2008 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=551467)
-   -   Disco Ski Beach (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545339)

kickflip_mj 02-13-2008 5:05 PM

So i was wondering have they taken the beach out this winter?? if they havnt who wants to join me with some shovels? I hope im not the only one who hates that place??

westsidarider 02-13-2008 5:21 PM

your on your own bro... if you dont like the place there are plenty of other places on the delta to go. you should try it sometime. its pretty funny to watch all the retards. you just need to know when to leave before the coco county crew gets roudy. either way if you get rid of the beach there will be a new spot somewhere else. everyone loves boats, water, and good looking people in the summer time

kickflip_mj 02-13-2008 5:30 PM

jason i understand that, i just think that the disco bay side of the delta now is alittle reclous thats all, and no i dont really like wasting a quarter tank to go ride, when i could ride in my back yard. just anoyed thats all. i have lived in disco since i was in elementry school and i think i just get irritated by all the drunks everywere nowdays. oh yeah and coco county crew. was in a brawl with them once.lol

westsidarider 02-13-2008 5:49 PM

yea i hear ya on the whole dumb drunken people. but really even if there were no ski beach that area would still not be a very ridable place because its a heavily traveled area. the good news is, is that most of the retards are parked there all day anywase so it works out by keeping less people off the water as it is already crowed on the weekends in the popular areas. do you ride on the weekdays? cuz thats the time to ride. no one hardly ever out there but im sure you know this. <BR> <BR>if you need a 3rd ever im always lookin to get a ride beeing that im boatless right now and my normal crew has kind of wandered from the wakeboarding scene right now. im available to ride almost everyday of the week. i live in disco as well. im good for gas money and help with cleaning up after the ride.

kickflip_mj 02-13-2008 6:00 PM

yea i try to ride everyday around summer time but i go to chico state currently but im home on the weekends and for 3 months in the summer and my lady and i are always looking for a 3rd, not really hard workers so we ride durring the week mostly.lol were always sitting around wondering who we can call to take the boat out. so definitly when it warms up we should ride.

norcalbordr 02-13-2008 7:37 PM

Yeah ski beach just keeps getting more and more out of control each summer, but I agree with Callen. It keeps the majority of the drunk people off the nearby sloughs so there is still always good water to ride on. Its always gonna go off just because its like a huge dance/strip club on the water. Me and my friends are down to hit it up at the end of the day once we are dead from riding all day long so its good entertainment. J, I'll hit you up this summer when I'm out on the weekends since Nikko seems like hes not going riding that much anymore.

kickflip_mj 02-13-2008 7:54 PM

the water entertainment got shut down. some kid got stabed a bunch of times and if im correct the bar is still closed.

westsidarider 02-13-2008 8:14 PM

bayside did get shut down because of "gangsta" activity, but that place was never poppin durring the day. only at night on the weekends

cavlxenvy 02-13-2008 8:59 PM

Ski beach is good comedy but when Corona bottles start flying and almost hit my boat... thats when I draw the line.

westsidarider 02-13-2008 9:12 PM

you were there that day ryan? i was a few boats away and my daughter was in the boat and i immediately started running and jumped on top of her to sheild any possible line of fire. luckily it ended quickly and we took off soon as the one boat was gone

norcalbordr 02-13-2008 9:21 PM

yeah, that day was ridiculous. Then that idiot decided to throw a huge roller in front of the entire beach just to add fuel to the fire. Those are the guys that ruin it for everyone else

cavlxenvy 02-13-2008 10:01 PM

Yeah I believe you were with friends in a Sanger that tied up to the back of my boat. If my boat would have been hit when my boat and people in my boat were not even involved in that altercation, I would have lost it. I remember the huge thread about it after that weekend too.

kickflip_mj 02-13-2008 11:07 PM

one weekend i was there my buddy has the yellow xstar thats might show on occasion and he started playing e40 when it first came out and overpowered everyone elses stereos, the girls started dancing with him and one of the exs from the coco county crew was dancing and they started some crap. then some huge bald dude came out of no were and just taged one of them so hard and that was it, a huge brawl broke out . it was seriously like 8 on 8 it was nuts. i think i punched like 3 dudes lol

snwmot 02-13-2008 11:32 PM

who's the coco county crew?

norcalbordr 02-14-2008 6:43 AM

coco county crew = locals from Contra Costa County, that don't live on the Delta. It seems like people just come out to ski beach to get drunk and start trouble. Its sort of a pattern thats been developing more and more each summer

deltaridah 02-14-2008 10:18 AM

sorry guys but most of the problems are from the punk arse little wanna be gangsters The Discovery bay boys. They started fights almost every afternoon. The funny thing is they would never stand toe to toe or go one on one they just little rich kids who are wanta b's. Theres nothing like a white kid thats gangster living in a million dollar home. The co co cartel have had fights before. Most of those guys are the type that finish fights not start them. <BR> <BR>I went to ski beach like maybe 3 times last year. I only stayed less than an hour each time. Some of my friends that cant ride go there way more than i do or have but they all say the disco boys are the ones that always "jump people"

kickflip_mj 02-14-2008 12:13 PM

soli i wouldnt say its the disco kids, im sure everyonce in a while but when it is im sure some of them have a reason to with some of the jackass out of towners.. but i went to school with the coco county crew and if im correct about 80% that they got the name bc they were huge into coke in high school and i wouldnt put it past them that they werent still doing it. some of them are from disco and brentwood.not rich. oh and they give alot of us disco kids bad names, because most of us are pretty freaken chill.

deltaridah 02-14-2008 12:27 PM

no im not talking about all of the kids from disco what I'm saying is they have a little gang or crew call the disco bay boys. <BR>Most of the co co cartel guys i've met are my age or older mostly older. They are not from disco bay and are def not rich kids. <BR> <BR>it sounds like the only people you want on the delta is people from discovery bay..... Ski beach is several miles and a few sloughs over. The drunks and partiers stay there, it makes the rest of the water ridable. People are going to do what they do so I'm just glad they stay there or the sloughs to lost isle. We have to remember the delta is for everyone to enjoy. <BR> <BR>I'm sure your a cool guy, I've met some really chill people out here so far.

cavlxenvy 02-14-2008 1:00 PM

I see this getting ugly real soon.

guido 02-14-2008 1:15 PM

Ehh.... It's pretty simple really. There are people on the delta to ride and there are people on the delta to party. Luckily the partiers stay in one spot so it saves the good riding spots for the rest of us. Now the tubers.... I really can't stand those guys. LOL!!! <BR> <BR>The only thing I hate about the partiers is that they share the water with us when they're driving back to the dock. I'm not a huge fan of a bunch of drunk idiots behind the wheel of a boat. <BR> <BR>Let's face it. We all go out on the water to have a good time. We've all done our fair share of partying on the water. I just get bummed out by the guys that go out there to start fights. Keep that BS to yourself. I just want to have some fun, enjoy the water and the scenery.

kickflip_mj 02-14-2008 2:17 PM

i think Evan you summed it up perfectly, personly i dont care who rides the delta... is a beautiful place in a kind of dirty way. most of the people that ride there are not out of disco in the first place.. but the drunks on narrow sloughs are pretty bad. <BR> <BR>oh and dont even get me started on tubers.lol

kickflip_mj 02-14-2008 2:19 PM

Evan i just came to relize what boat is yours its the red and whit x star. i see you at victoria alot durring the week, i have a blue and grey vlx.

tinytdubb 02-14-2008 5:02 PM

Ski Beach to me is the great divide. You guys from Dico Bay can have it (no disrespect intended). I enjoy the water from Rivers End to Union Point. However it is fun to cruise in there and check out the chaos. Last time I did though, was the time when the dudes in the red boat caused all that drama. I heard they were from Stockton though.

norcalbordr 02-14-2008 5:15 PM

Its tough to point out 1 specific crew and say that they are the ones that start the fights. Most of us that are on these postings sound like we put riding first, and partying and drinking second. Its good to know that most of us always have a driver behind the wheel of the boat who is sober enough to drive and be safe. But the idiots at ski beach who start crap come from everywhere, Disco bay, Stockton, Brentwood, East Bay, San Jose, etc. You just get a bunch of guys from all over the place with huge egos that want to prove they are more badass than the other group that is making more noise. Let them kick each others asses on the beach while the rest of us have fun actually riding. We are the ones that can truly call ourselves wakeboarders.