WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   My Mid-Season edit (Take a look and critique!!) (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799374)

rplogue7 08-01-2013 2:52 PM

My Mid-Season edit (Take a look and critique!!)

Here it is guys, I know haha I'm horrible at spinning. I can spin a 180 I just didn't put it in the edit.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9DXkYZVCanU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wakebordr11 08-01-2013 2:58 PM

We gotta hook your drivers up with a No Power Turns shirt!! Don't be a HS hero, nice edit and tantrums and crow. Show off the rest of your toeside and switch!

SS_Hooke102 08-01-2013 4:12 PM

Hey man, thanks for posting, I like when people post up videos, gives me something new to watch! If I may suggest one thing though, shorten up your line a bit, it looked like you are really struggling to make it w2w and especially with your tantrum and crow. 5 feet of rope will make a huge difference and could help with those spins by reducing how hard you have to work because of cut speed and line tension.

dezul 08-01-2013 5:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS_Hooke102 (Post 1836862)
Hey man, thanks for posting, I like when people post up videos, gives me something new to watch! If I may suggest one thing though, shorten up your line a bit, it looked like you are really struggling to make it w2w and especially with your tantrum and crow. 5 feet of rope will make a huge difference and could help with those spins by reducing how hard you have to work because of cut speed and line tension.

I agree with this. That wake is too wide. Either speed it up or shorten the rope.

Rich_Bruening 08-01-2013 7:32 PM

2:25 looks brutal, I took a nasty one of those tuesday on a switch hs fs 3. Didnt hurt much cause of the helmet wraps around the back of my head pretty well but still. I called it quits just in case. Nice scarecrow. I struggle with toe fronts. Looks like you need to pull that line in a few feet though. Start working on those toeside and switch hs jumps.

rplogue7 08-02-2013 6:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich_Bruening (Post 1836885)
2:25 looks brutal, I took a nasty one of those tuesday on a switch hs fs 3. Didnt hurt much cause of the helmet wraps around the back of my head pretty well but still. I called it quits just in case. Nice scarecrow. I struggle with toe fronts. Looks like you need to pull that line in a few feet though. Start working on those toeside and switch hs jumps.

That hurt so bad man, I had the wind knocked out for a solid 10 minutes. I sat on the swim deck and just leaned back and waited until I could breath again. Ughhh. Anyways that mainline is 65', I've got a handle that has about 3-5 feet of rope on it, so it is possible I'm riding at 70' off right now, and thats a little much for me, haha. I'd love to ride at 60 off but does anyone know how I can shorten up my mainline without taking off removable sections because all of those are taken off. Thanks guys

Jmaxymek 08-02-2013 6:45 PM

What speed are you riding at? Looked like boat was a 200VRS? If the wake is that wide at 65' then you definitely need to speed up some. Good video, good progress! I would recommend getting yourself onto a trampoline and practicing spins (I just tie my rope around a nearby tree) to get comfortable with handle passes. As stated above, tricks are cool and all, but if they're all from one side, you've missed a major opportunity to expand your bag of tricks. Even if its a TS air or switch HS 180, if you're not utilizing both wakes more you're missing out!