WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video and Photography (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87667)
-   -   Video Editing? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=746466)

ktm525 11-10-2009 6:05 AM

What is everyone using. I just bought a new hd camera. I have Photo shop element 4. Will this work or should I get something else. thanks for any suggesting <BR>Don C.

twake06 11-10-2009 10:23 AM

if you just invested in an expensive camera i would reccomend just using iMovie-if your not looking to spend a lot more money, if not, go for Final Cut Pro

ktm525 11-10-2009 7:43 PM

I have a pc can I run those?

garveyj 11-11-2009 5:55 AM

If you have a PC you won't be able to use iMovie. You can use the free movie maker that comes with XP and up. If you really like the Adobe products and don't mind spending some money get Adobe premiere....It comes with the Encore DVD product which helps you author DVD's. They are a little tough to get used to, but well worth the money if you really get into it. <BR> <BR>There is also a pinnacle product out there - it is pretty cheap - I think about $100. Personally I did not like the pinnacle product, but you might.

lfrider92 11-11-2009 7:42 AM

im the one that does most of the video editng for my dad ^. but do you like the adobe one? personally im a huge fan of a adobe. i havnt ran across an adobe product im not a fan of. and how tough is it to get used to? <BR>i can run adobe cs3 photoshop and dreamweaver all day with no problems. is it similar to photoshop? or am i missing what your sayind completely when you say it takes some getting used to

11-11-2009 8:26 AM

I use Final Cut Pro, but most people not doing professional or semi-professional editing could go with Final Cut Express(for mac) or Adobe Premiere Elements(for pc). Sony Vegas also has some cheaper versions out that are pretty good. If you've got $1300 to throw around plus all the time you have to spend learning the program, then I guess you could go for Final Cut Pro, but 99% of people could spend $100 on Express and be just fine.

lfrider92 11-11-2009 9:44 AM

my dad said that we have photo shop element 4, <BR>but we have adobe premiere elements 4. i think its alright and i know how to use it. but i also dont do any crazy effects. we havnt tried importing high def video. will premiere elements work for high def?

11-11-2009 8:49 PM

You shouldn't have any problems importing HD footage into Elements 4.

garveyj 11-12-2009 7:19 AM

David - if you are using elements, I don't think the full version of Premiere would be much harder for you to learn. It took a little getting used to for me because it was not really clear to me how to start using it. I also was new to Adobe at the time that I started. <BR> <BR>I would recommend getting a good book about premiere too as they usually have good tutorials to help you learn how to do the different things.

steve_b 11-12-2009 7:42 AM

YouTube will teach you anything and everything you need to know about editing. Type the software title into the search tab. <BR>If you want to spend a bit of money but get unparalleled tutorials, subscribe to Lynda.com

lfrider92 11-12-2009 9:03 AM

ya i use elements. i like it, but i also dont do crazy stuff on it. but i think we might just stick with elements because we already have it and i know it fairly well as is. thanks for the advice jeff. i might pick up a book or look at some youtube tutorials if there is something i want to do that i cant figure out