WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   new supreme 2014 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800608)

bftskir 12-12-2013 12:50 PM

new supreme 2014

5 Attachment(s)
Centurion building Supreme ?

Cabledog 12-12-2013 1:02 PM

Fineline Industries owns and builds both.

boardjnky4 12-12-2013 1:19 PM

That swim platform is SO SMALL

bcrider 12-12-2013 1:22 PM

It's the new S21. Slightly smaller version of the 226

FastR3DN3K 12-12-2013 1:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boardjnky4 (Post 1855559)
That swim platform is SO SMALL

And looks like it's WAY too high out of the water...I know that the platform can cause issues with the wave on some boats, but I think that is a little over the top on size and height off the water. Hope they've got a ladder on it, cause that thing looks like it'll be completely useless unless the boat is slammed

shawndoggy 12-12-2013 2:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K (Post 1855565)
And looks like it's WAY too high out of the water...I know that the platform can cause issues with the wave on some boats, but I think that is a little over the top on size and height off the water. Hope they've got a ladder on it, cause that thing looks like it'll be completely useless unless the boat is slammed

I've always been confused by this complaint. How do you get out of a swimming pool? A crane? That platform is no higher than the coping on the edge of most any swimming pool ever built.

bftskir 12-12-2013 2:27 PM

Ballast is empty

MBofTexas 12-12-2013 3:01 PM

I have a MB F21 Tomcat and the platforms are high also.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Greeko 12-12-2013 4:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBofTexas (Post 1855578)
I have a MB F21 Tomcat and the platforms are high also.

You haven't put enough ballast in :p lol

boardjnky4 12-12-2013 4:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawndoggy (Post 1855567)
I've always been confused by this complaint. How do you get out of a swimming pool? A crane? That platform is no higher than the coping on the edge of most any swimming pool ever built.

Pools have steps and ladders. Some older folks as they get older become unable to pull themselves up from that high. A ladder would probably be needed for some people.

MBofTexas 12-12-2013 4:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeko (Post 1855583)
You haven't put enough ballast in :p lol

Agreed. They are high for the kids and mom.

bftskir 12-12-2013 5:26 PM

Let me get this straight. You guys are saying there are people who can wake surf but can't get out of the water if the platform is a few inches out of the water?

FastR3DN3K 12-12-2013 5:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bftskir (Post 1855594)
Let me get this straight. You guys are saying there are people who can wake surf but can't get out of the water if the platform is a few inches out of the water?

Surprisingly some of us do take some time away from surfing and boarding during the day and anchor out to swim and chill. I know when this happens that many of us will make several trip in and out of the boat to get drinks and snacks. I don't leave a ton of ballast in when doing this cause I've had times when some assclown comes by too close and hammers us with rollers, and I'd be worried about taking a bit of water over the side with full ballast left in. So getting in and out of the boat with a platform that high while anchored out/chilling would be pretty dang annoying in my book. I can understand reducing the size of the platform to minimize interference with the wave, but the height is just ridiculous. I hope that thing throws an insane surf wake to make up for it. Also, when my parents come visit during the summer they like to go out and cruise, swim, and watch us surf. But they already have a hard enough time at their age getting onto the platform, that one would be impossible for them.

bftskir 12-12-2013 6:46 PM

So what height off the water solves your "issues"?

polarbill 12-12-2013 7:43 PM

I think for an unweighted boat the bottom of the platform should be around 3 inches off the water. It is just stupid to make a platform that high off the water max. There is no reason.

501s 12-12-2013 7:48 PM

I have to ask, do you guys like the giant "SURF" decals on the side of this boat? I find it pretty cheesy to spend $50-$60k on a new boat with decals like that.

Andthe platform is useless because it's an extra 2 or 3 inches out of the water? That's silly.

polarbill 12-12-2013 7:55 PM

Centurion and Surpeme have been linked for a long time I believe. I am not sure the exact details but Karl Koster was the West Coast Centurion dealer for a long time along with Supreme, Sanger. I believe Karl's daughter or something like that owned Supreme at some point and they may have been built by Fineline(Rick Lee). KArl also owned/owns reinell and blue water along with DHM trailers. I think Karl may have also been the west coast distributor for Mercruiser at some level as well. Notice all Centurions, Sangers and supreme's had mercruisers. I am not sure Kal Kustoms is even around any more. He is not the Centurion west coast distributor anymore and I am not sure if his daughter still owns Supreme or if that was sold off to Fineline. I think for the last few years Supreme's had actually been built in the old Calabria factory.

Karl had is hand in a lot of the west coast boat builders for a long time.

polarbill 12-12-2013 7:58 PM

LW, I can't tell what exactly you are trying to say. To say it is useless is a little overboard although I think it is completely unnecessary. The combination of the height, the lack of depth(front to back) and the narrow width of it make it quite possibly the worst tournament boat platform in a long time.

501s 12-12-2013 9:25 PM

All I meant was that if the platform is a couple inches out of the water, it really shouldn't make that big of a difference. Also someone posted above: "cause that thing looks like it'll be completely useless", hence my use of the term.

Too be honest I wish my platform was a little higher out of the water so when we weight it down, it's not 6 inches under water.

lionel 12-12-2013 11:26 PM

2,800 lbs of available ballast might have something to do with it :) I have access to better photos of that boat. I will see if I can post them tomorrow.

lionel 12-12-2013 11:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My guess is that was just a temp platform. Looks to be the same platform as the V226. Red boat is from Supreme FB page

you_da_man 12-13-2013 2:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 501s (Post 1855607)
I have to ask, do you guys like the giant "SURF" decals on the side of this boat? I find it pretty cheesy to spend $50-$60k on a new boat with decals like that.

No worse than "Mojo" or "Mondo"

CHern5972 12-13-2013 4:56 AM

Id agree from factory that the Mojo is over the top on Graphics. I like mine naked....

boardjnky4 12-13-2013 6:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bftskir (Post 1855594)

My mom doesn't wake surf. She does like to swim though.

501s 12-13-2013 7:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by you_da_man (Post 1855626)
No worse than "Mojo" or "Mondo"

You think this is as bad or worse than giant "SURF" stickers on a boat? In the looks category, I'd go with the Moomba all day every day. I guess it's just me, but those stickers would be the very first thing I'd take off. A new surpreme was the boat used for the provincial wakeboard comp in 2013 here and the number one complaint from all the riders was the quality of the wake.

you_da_man 12-13-2013 8:17 AM

Levi, just the name on the side...Moomba is a bad enough name for a company but the last 2 model names is just stupid IMO.

hatepain 12-13-2013 8:39 AM

That Moomba color scheme is sick!!!!

I concur that the Surf graphic looks cartoonist and over the top on those boats. It detracts from the beautiful boat lines and graphics.

I too think that swim step is too high. Have a couple girls I know they'd struggle a bit getting up on that thing.

CHern5972 12-13-2013 9:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am one to say i like them naked... Nothing wrong with MOOMBA as a name. The graphics are a bit much tho.

Attachment 33181

Attachment 33182

DatTexasBoy 12-13-2013 10:34 AM

^^^^way better Hern. I'm with ya on the clean look if your boat

CHern5972 12-13-2013 12:49 PM

Its a ****ty cell phone pic. The green pops allot better

polarbill 12-13-2013 6:33 PM

I like the overall boat but the surf graphic is something I would immediately remove. Supreme has never really been known as a cutting edge company in any sense in the ski boat market. Same applies for color schemes and graphics.

Honestly it makes almost zero business sense for Centurion to even keep the Supreme line alive assuming they fully own them. They are basically competing for the same market.

CHern5972 12-14-2013 4:43 AM

Brett- the supreme is a very affordable boat for the person who can't afford a centurion Enzo.

Cabledog 12-14-2013 11:04 AM

Brett, I purchased a Supreme for the surf wave, ability to handle the chop, and the value. Not cutting edge but a great package for my needs. Our summer season is only 3 1/2 months in Western WA as you know so it's hard to justify a 100K wake boat. I'm undecided on the surf graphics but I went with an all white look that doesn't contrast with the graphics too much. In 6 months when I actually get to use it they might come off. Hit me up for a run in the summer.

The business case I see is Centurion now has a value/ entry level brand. I.e. Supra/ Moomba, Malibu/ Axis as Fineline seems to be having success in moving the Centurion brand upmarket. The hull design of the V226 was also something I have heard they will start incorporating into new models of both brands. You can see the similarities in the new FX series. Not saying they are the same but there is definitely a family resemblance.

Nice 42 footer by the way. GO DAWGS!!

MIKEnNC 12-14-2013 11:26 AM

I'd go axis, then mb, then moomba if I was looking budget boat, not digging the supreme personally, no offense to any that own one, just not for me

surffresh 12-14-2013 3:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEnNC (Post 1855796)
I'd go axis, then mb, then moomba if I was looking budget boat, not digging the supreme personally, no offense to any that own one, just not for me

pretty sure you would reverse the order if you demo'd

zammer 12-14-2013 4:24 PM

Are these the same towers as the new Sangers pretty much? Except for the curved side bars hey look really close to the swoop on the 2012-2014 v215 and v237'z

FastR3DN3K 12-14-2013 9:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 501s (Post 1855607)

Andthe platform is useless because it's an extra 2 or 3 inches out of the water? That's silly.

Not sure what pics you're looking at, but that platform looks to be more than just 2-3" out of the water. I'd venture to guess about 8" from water surface to the top edge of the platform. I know I'm not as old as some of the guys on this forum, but even at 30 I feel like I'm too old to put that much effort into getting up onto a platform that high thanks to LOTS of old lingering injuries. I actually like it when I'm at full ballast and the rear is slammed with the platform a couple inches under water, makes it really easy to just swim up and kinda slide my old fat self up on it like a seal at the sea world show.:D

RideGull 12-17-2013 6:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surffresh (Post 1855808)

I second this.

boardjnky4 12-17-2013 8:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surffresh (Post 1855808)

I agree with MikeNC, I HIGHLY doubt I would like the Moomba wake better than the Axis wakes. They're phenomenally good at pretty much every skill level.

bftskir 12-18-2013 12:23 PM

Yeah you're right the Supreme is more for a professional level wakesurfer

cbarguy1 12-23-2013 2:01 PM

There's a Surf Supreme on our lake, probably the bigger one since it was there last summer. I thought it was a nice looking boat. The graphics are a personal preference but I didn't mind them. I think it's a nod to their ancestry and the SKI supreme graphic of yore.

Their pickle nose is one of the better adaptations of the Xstar design IMO. Some other brands really botched it.

bftskir 12-24-2013 1:01 PM

I thought somebody would recognize the launch ramp in the Delta. Or that the guy in the boat is Jason Lybeck of Team Supreme, wake surf pro from MN. His gf is there and couple factory or dealers from Merced. They were shooting video. Later James Walker another Team Supreme wakesurf pro showed up and the all went out to shoot some video in the mid 40 degree water...somebody told them to shoot the video in bikinis and trunks...I recommended drysuits! All they had was some full wetsuits...I am waiting for the video to see if he or she goes boardshorts over or what?...the suspense is killing me.

bftskir 01-29-2014 12:11 AM

http://vimeo.com/m/82843569

Video turned up of the S21 and looks like redo on the website for SkiSupreme.