WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Help show Military support...please... (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797212)

NotSure123 03-10-2013 6:55 AM

Help show Military support...please...

Not trying to get into the politics of everything, but here is something I feel strongly about...a little rant if you would...it is directly affecting me and my military family. So far the Army and Marines have dropped, w/the Air Force and Navy expected to follow suit.

Please support and share! "Sequestration" has spoken, and apparently it's a better idea to cease the education of our U.S. military members, however continue to give 1.25 billion in FREE cell phones to YOUR American LEECHES! O and toss in FREE education to ILLEGALS while we're at it! The branches are losing a huge benefit that helps not only them, but our economy in the long run! NOT COOL!

Please take one minute to sign the petition, show your support, and add to the resistance!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...on-ta/kSyVdySm

Thank you in advance, not only from myself but every other member of the armed services that this promised benefit has already been, or projected to be torn from...

joeshmoe 03-10-2013 12:05 PM

and yet you will continue to support the republican party, Good luck!

fouroheight68 03-11-2013 7:29 AM

Done

fly135 03-11-2013 7:53 AM

Quote:

FREE cell phones to YOUR American LEECHES!
Written as if by a non-American. Weird.:confused:

ddutcher 03-11-2013 8:35 AM

Signed - I fully support our US Military - these young men and women are the ones suffering from our governments poor decisions. My son is an Infantryman in the US Army and I cannot believe how expensive it is for him to live on base while willing to put his life on the line to protect this country. They do not recieve free food, pillows, sheets, blackets, uniforms etc... This is not about anyones belief on war, it is not Repoublican vs Democrat, this is about giving these young men and women opportunities to better themselves while serving this nation.

pesos 03-11-2013 8:35 AM

Not only weird, but completely uninformed. The Lifeline program the OP is railing against provides basic assistance to low-income folks, including tons of veterans, and is paid for by fees levied against the telcos, not by taxpayers.

NotSure123 03-11-2013 9:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeshmoe (Post 1810563)
and yet you will continue to support the republican party, Good luck!

You're damn right! And THANK YOU for the support :)

NotSure123 03-11-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesos (Post 1810737)
Not only weird, but completely uninformed. The Lifeline program the OP is railing against provides basic assistance to low-income folks, including tons of veterans, and is paid for by fees levied against the telcos, not by taxpayers.

Hey good call, I didn't write this I took it off someone who I considered a good source! Thanks for the checkup though! I tried to edit, but it's too late...:banghead:

wake77 03-11-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesos (Post 1810737)

You know how it goes; a ton of people don't care about military servicemen and women after they fulfill their obligation to their country.

NotSure123 03-12-2013 11:39 AM

Well today the Air Force officially dropped their TA support as well. The combined effects of continuing resolution and sequestration forced their hands. At least I can say I have ~75% of my degree completed :) which is better than most. Also sounds like they will likely be forced to furlough nearly 180,000 civilian Airmen for 16 hours per pay period for the remainder of the fiscal year starting in April!!! Craziness! :( A truly sad day...