WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Supra S bend tower (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791695)

ripr 02-02-2012 4:41 AM

Supra S bend tower

Well, I suppose since it's on Facebook, it's ok to post here.

This is the new tower option available for all Supra's in 2012. It comes as a package with 4 tower speakers, Bimini top an swing in board racks.

http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4e3df-8436-d103.jpg

Obviously, the Roswell graphics aren't part of the package. ;)

baitkiller 02-02-2012 5:25 AM

I like it.
Is the tow point on current model towers being set further aft than in years past or is it me?I would think the CG of a V drive would further forward. Or does it even matter to the handling of the boat with a big guy cutting hard? i have a buddy that is pushing 300lbs and when he cuts out hard the boat comes with him... :)

beretta5spd 02-02-2012 6:15 AM

Man I love that tower. But I really hope the Nautique crowd doesn't start crying like The Malibu one did when Skiers Choice used the discontinued original Illusion tower.

I like that tower as much as the current Nautique tower. Good on SC for using it.

tyler97217 02-02-2012 7:17 AM

Looks good!
Do you know if this tower sits higher or lower than the old tower?
Safe to assume it is a Roswell tower?
Will it have Roswell board racks and tower speakers?
Can you get it without the tower speakers?
Z5 option?
Is it replacing a tower or just another option?
Extra cost?
Anyone have better pics....

tampawake 02-02-2012 7:40 AM

Is that Daves house on Lake Roy?

ripr 02-02-2012 9:57 AM

Tyler,
I'm not sure on the height difference. I haven't been in a boat with it yet. Yes it's a Roswell and it comes packaged with racks, Bimini and speakers (plus amp). I hope they're Titan racks, but I doubt it. I haven't heard anything about a z5 option for it, but I bet it's not far off.

The package is just north of $4500 msrp, which isn't bad considering the goodies that come with it.

tyler97217 02-02-2012 10:10 AM

NAW
If you talk to someone "in the know" let me know. The regular tower is about 3" from clearing my garage door with the tower up. Still undecided on a boat purchase as of right now, but would be curious in case I do go the Supra route.

Riteride 02-02-2012 10:57 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The racks will not be Titan due to Malibu owning the Titan name now.. They will be Menace/ Starone spinner racks with quick release.. Here are a couple pictures of the production of the racks..

wakereviews 02-02-2012 11:46 AM

Very nice Brett!

tyler97217 02-02-2012 12:45 PM

Brett,
Will you guys be doing the racks and spinners on all supra towers or just the non-roswell towers? Would seem strange that Roswell would make the tower and then have your board racks and swivels on them right? Your swivels and board racks have been great over the last few years and hence why I am curious if your equipment is going on that tower too.

Riteride 02-02-2012 1:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler97217 (Post 1729510)
Brett,
Will you guys be doing the racks and spinners on all supra towers or just the non-roswell towers? Would seem strange that Roswell would make the tower and then have your board racks and swivels on them right? Your swivels and board racks have been great over the last few years and hence why I am curious if your equipment is going on that tower too.

We are building all the racks for the Supra's no matter who is building the tower. The only rack that Skiers Choice is using that we do not build is the fixed rack for the OZ tower on the Moomba's, but we are still building the mounting hardware for it.. We are also building spinner racks for the OZ tower as an option from the factory if the customer wants spinners not fixed..

hockeysk8er222 02-02-2012 2:13 PM

WakeMag's Supra guide that was just posted has only the old tower. Will these be on the 2013 boats then?

Riteride 02-02-2012 2:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture I grabbed form KG's Supra 24 on the Supra site that he took at the boat show.. And we are already shipping a bunch of racks to Skiers choice for that tower.. So I am thinking it is an option as of now..

tn_rider 02-02-2012 3:59 PM

Those racks look nice and pointy to give you a nice scrape or cut. JMO

tn_rider 02-02-2012 4:01 PM

Stole it from conan the barbarian's axe :P just poking!

ripr 02-02-2012 4:38 PM

Racks look sick, Riteride. Can't wait to start using them!

ixfe 02-02-2012 9:18 PM

Tower looks good, I guess. Can't say I like it as much as the Supra Progressive Tower, which is probably my favorite tower of all wakeboard.

I guess I just don't understand why SC so blatantly copied CC on this tower and Malibu on the Moomba tower. I suppose there are only so many two-point tower designs these boat companies can come up with.

diamonddad 02-02-2012 10:13 PM

Not bad. Its the CC tower repackaged. It would be a better idea to copy what Tige is doing.

mhunter 02-03-2012 5:13 AM

That tower took a lot of getting used to over at CC. There were many discussions pro and neg a lot of neg . My problem with all the two point towers is the way they block access to the sides when at the dock . On a positive note I love the way they fold.

simplej 02-03-2012 5:18 AM

Not my tastes. Might look best on a 21v. It is a good looking tower no doubt, it just does not have the beef to match a 24ft supra.

wolfe_drew 02-07-2012 7:50 AM

I took the pic above of the red/black 242 at the Atlanta Boat Show. That tower went into production at such a late date, you won't find it pictured in the 2012 Supra brochure or even as a listed option. While at the show, I spoke to Ray from Z5 and, unfortunately, we won't see a Z5 on that tower anytime soon. For 2012 you can order a Supra with this tower or the Progressive tower. If you want a Z5, you have to go with the Progressive. Tough choice, but I'd go Progressive & Z5.

Here are a few more pics. The tower is very easy to collapse, has an integrated LED for the cabin, etc.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/d...-23-17_903.jpg

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/d...-23-47_957.jpg

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/d...-23-36_880.jpg

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/d...-24-06_905.jpg

durty_curt 02-07-2012 7:58 AM

That's odd.. The Tower looks nearly identical to CCs original 2 point Tower which could have the Z5 but Z5 cargo racks don't have one for this model? probably to new and the tower needs to be remeasured. Like you said; it's production was so late it didn't even make it in the 2012 brochure

brett564 02-07-2012 10:36 AM

Looks good. As far as copying the CC look, I guess if your going to go with a two point tower your either going to be being accused of copying that one or Malibu's Illusion designs. They went with CC. No matter what it looks good.

Riteride 02-08-2012 10:44 AM

Quick video..

http://youtu.be/iddEea8qczU

02-08-2012 11:16 AM

Cool vid. Looks really easy to operate and looks pretty good too. Definitely a catchy name as well.

muurph84 02-10-2012 8:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler97217 (Post 1729424)
Looks good!
Do you know if this tower sits higher or lower than the old tower?
Safe to assume it is a Roswell tower?
Will it have Roswell board racks and tower speakers?
Can you get it without the tower speakers?
Z5 option?
Is it replacing a tower or just another option?
Extra cost?
Anyone have better pics....

do these vans have four wheel drive? j/k

dirwoody 02-10-2012 9:56 AM

I think Briscoe had this tower on his boat last year. I did a clinic with him back in June or July and the tower looked identical. too bad I didn't take any good pics of it

Mikhale 02-11-2012 6:33 PM

Ya Dave had this tower last year I wonder if he had anything to do with them coming together, I see his boat in the back ground of the first photo(I think)
Go to the wakeboarding coach.com and go to photos there's some pics on there

gregg_rossi 09-14-2012 8:58 PM

Does anyone know the tower height folded down? Will it fit in standard 7 foot door? Looks high on all the YouTube videos. Thx

rplogue7 09-15-2012 9:27 AM

Supra in general is an alternative boat choice. And these towers are obviously copying the look of the G23 and the Mastercraft X star

polarbill 09-15-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rplogue7 (Post 1783179)
Supra in general is an alternative boat choice. And these towers are obviously copying the look of the G23 and the Mastercraft X star

What does that even mean? Every boat is an alternative boat choice. Their towers look nothing like any mastercraft tower. Not sure why anybody would even try to copy a mastercraft tower. They haven't had a decent tower since the 05-06 tower. Both the towers available on supra right now are Roswell towers that have been available on Nautique's in the past or currently are available on nautique. The problem is that there just isnt' that many ways to design a tower. They all are going to somehow look like someone elses design. I really like the Sbend, especially with the bimini shown in the first pic. I bet that tower would look amazing on the SA series but I don't think they offer it. As far as the Z5 I still don't see the appeal. It is usually too low and you can't fold away if you don't want to use it. Not to mention it is way too expensive. Are there that many people that want shade over most of the cockpit all day every day? I understand people i really hot climates needing/wanting it. I just don't understand why anybody in the northern half of the US would need it.

boardman74 09-15-2012 4:07 PM

Riley..what is it an alternative too? I'm sorry man but if your really 15 like your profile says you have no room to say anything. Have a little respect for what people who work and make their own money are choosing to do with it. Pretty immature to talk smack when your ridding behind Mom and Dad's Mastercraft, that they paid for, put gas in, and drove you behind.

gregg_rossi 09-18-2012 10:00 PM

Does anyone know the tower height folded down? Will it fit in standard 7 foot door? Looks high on all the YouTube videos. Thx

ilikebeaverandboats 09-18-2012 10:22 PM

That pic from the OP looks pretty good. The racks look killer too. the subsequent pictures look "eh"

I just dont like the style of these two point reverse towers with parallel tubing. all wavy and funky looking.The G23 tower looks ok, but I am still in love with Tiges tower and the old illusion x. The new 'bu towers are growing on me for sure.

Not my cup of tea, but hey, no body has to drink my tea but me!

Readyaimfire 09-19-2012 1:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rplogue7 (Post 1783179)

Riley, I've seen u post a few times. You seem like a nice kid, but this is the second thread I've opened tonight where you've posted above your knowledge level. Sit back and learn from some guys that have been around the sport since before you were born. Listening can go along way. Not tryin to be rude to you, just a suggestion.