WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Ronix Duke (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791991)

drnate 02-27-2012 9:09 AM

Ronix Duke

Has anyone ridden the Ronix Duke? Loved it or hated it? I have a friend who is thinking of buying one, but we've never heard of anyone who had ridden it. He is a bigger guy, is a newbie to surfing and just wants to be able to cruise and keep up with the wave. And, yes, I know about the Inland Surfer Red Rocket, but I'm asking about the Duke :)

bigcatpt 03-02-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drnate (Post 1734076)
Has anyone ridden the Ronix Duke? Loved it or hated it? I have a friend who is thinking of buying one, but we've never heard of anyone who had ridden it. He is a bigger guy, is a newbie to surfing and just wants to be able to cruise and keep up with the wave. And, yes, I know about the Inland Surfer Red Rocket, but I'm asking about the Duke :)

The silence is deafening! Sometimes when no words are spoken it can speak volumes. Pretty sure you already got your answer.:D

drnate 03-06-2012 7:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcatpt (Post 1735002)
The silence is deafening! Sometimes when no words are spoken it can speak volumes. Pretty sure you already got your answer.:D

Yes, the silence is deafening :) Now if I can just convince my buddy.

wakemitch 03-06-2012 8:03 AM

He will want a new board in a matter of weeks.
Wakesurfing is a sport where people progress fast. It doesnt have the fear factor that deters people from pushing themselves.
I would get him on a Red Rocket. The Duke may be cheaper, but it will end up costing him more because he will need that second board quick. Wakeboard manufactures just dont make boards that can keep up with the wakesurf brands. Those boards make it harder to learn because they hold the rider back so much. Especially in terms of speed

But they always look cool. And that is what sells the majority of boards...

spencerwm 03-27-2012 10:58 PM

I will break the silence. I was able to surf the Ronix Duke Wake Surfboard behind my 1989 MasterCraft ProStar 190 with only 500lbs. of ballast. For bigger riders or smaller wakes this board kicks ass. I bought it as a joke but when we were able to surf behind a ski boat without the rope the joke was on me. If you think your friend will progress go ahead and get him a board that will allow him to progress. Look at the Ronix Koal 5'6". It has a ton of surface area too but the shape allows for more progression.

drnate 04-03-2012 7:53 AM

Thank you for the reply Spencer!

Unfourtunately, I was unable to talk my friend into a Red Woody or Rocket, he has his heart set on the Duke (wants to display it when not riding)

He is 330+ lbs and only wants to cruise, not progress, so it just might work :)

timmyb 04-03-2012 8:42 AM

While I normally tell people not to buy a wakeboard mfr's surf board, I will say that is a cool looking board and I can see why one would want to display that on the wall.