WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Board question? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803025)

soonerbilly 08-12-2014 1:31 PM

Board question?

I have a shreddstixx stixxtreme.....not sure the length. I cant get it to do much of anyhting. I thought it was a big boy cruising board but it seems really slow for me. ( 6" 210 lbs). My kids at the 150 range can ride it for days but I can ride an old Ronix Cortez 5'4" much easier. I dont have the greatest wake but i figured if i could ride the Cortez the Shreddstixx would be really easy to ride. What board would be good for me (surfstyle)?

AZShreds 08-12-2014 2:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soonerbilly (Post 1888666)
I have a shreddstixx stixxtreme.....not sure the length. I cant get it to do much of anyhting. I thought it was a big boy cruising board but it seems really slow for me. ( 6" 210 lbs). My kids at the 150 range can ride it for days but I can ride an old Ronix Cortez 5'4" much easier. I dont have the greatest wake but i figured if i could ride the Cortez the Shreddstixx would be really easy to ride. What board would be good for me (surfstyle)?

I would take a look at some of the higher-end models from Ronix, like the Carbon Thruster. This is going to be a much faster board and more forgiving coming down the wave with the amount of rocker they put in the nose. The board has many different fin options, making the board versatile. You are able to give the board a locked-in feel, or make it very loose for those 360's!

Custom boards are nice, but reality is..they aren't for everyone.

dezul 08-12-2014 4:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZShreds (Post 1888676)
I would take a look at some of the higher-end models from Ronix, like the Carbon Thruster. This is going to be a much faster board and more forgiving coming down the wave with the amount of rocker they put in the nose. The board has many different fin options, making the board versatile. You are able to give the board a locked-in feel, or make it very loose for those 360's!

Custom boards are nice, but reality is..they aren't for everyone.

Good advice but I would not suggest most of the Ronix line unless he takes care of his boards. The cwb tsunami is on evo for 325 right now. It is a great board for the price. It is durable too. With kids, I suggest a durable board. There are other fun boards that are similar. The liquid force tc custom is a good board. Avoid the clear version with foam in it as it takes damage easy.

soonerbilly 08-13-2014 6:22 AM

Yeah the LF boards seem pretty fragile. I have the LF Noserider that got severely damaged by one of my kids friends. I'll look into getting the CWB Tsunami. I've seen lots of recomendations for that one.

MICAH_HARPER 08-13-2014 8:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just because you are a bigger guy doesnt always mean you need a bigger board.

im 5'11 and 207lb. so about the same

in this pic i was on a Doomswell Nubstep 4'6"
Speed has alot to do with everything. Thed big boards alot of times are really slow and surf like a tank. if the wave you are surfing isnt the best then, i would sugest a board that is faster and lighter. The wakeboard brand boards are almost always going to be slower thatn a surf specific brand board.

Chaos 08-14-2014 7:47 AM

The stixxtreme is not really a big cruiser board, it is basically a stinger style surfboard. Most people love it for what it is, but you seem to have trouble with it. Honestly, you are not that big (generally big is 350+), but if your wave is small then you want to look at bigger boards. A 4'8" Carbon sixer will suit you well, as well as a Ringer XL. These are extremely fast and easy to ride.

soonerbilly 08-14-2014 9:38 AM

What does stinger style mean? And how much would a sixer or a ringer XL run....ballpark?

Chaos 08-14-2014 12:04 PM

Stinger is a style of surfboard, generally referring to an outline with a mid or high up wing that then narrows down at the tail to a swallow tail.

Around $699 to $799.

soonerbilly 08-15-2014 8:34 AM

What about a Shredd Elevate?

Chaos 08-18-2014 9:24 PM

The elevation became the pro, then semi pro. I call it the team pro.
The run around $799.