WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Stereo Equaliser (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=783964)

JamesPB22 10-03-2010 2:52 PM

Stereo Equaliser

Is there any similar products out there which do the same thing as the Wetsounds WS420 EQ & seperate your speakers into 3 zones (in boat, sub & tower)??

10-03-2010 3:41 PM

somethings something called a PAC. i want to say its clarion. it gives you individual vol. control for cheap

david_e_m 10-03-2010 4:09 PM

James, lots of options such as Clarion, Audio Control and many more equalizers will provide the three-zone control, but only the WetSounds gives you separate tower and in-boat equalization. If you just want zone control then a triple pair preout source unit, three PAC LC-1s or a number of external line drivers can do the job... namely Kicker (in a dual stereo version) or JL Audio has line drivers that include remote level controls.

David
Earmark Marine

JamesPB22 10-03-2010 4:12 PM

Oh yea sweet so i would be getting 3 of those if im running my gear off 3 seperate amps. would allow me to alter the volume for each amp. Great Idea. Only around 10 Buks a pop aswell! beatiful. wouldnt mind the Talk Back PA though. mite see if i can buy something to rig up my own cheap WS420 EQ. cheers bud!

david_e_m 10-03-2010 6:02 PM

Sounds good. Just remember to invert the polarity if you're operating in the southern hemisphere.

JamesPB22 10-03-2010 6:08 PM

David do you have a direct email i could discuss some options from your online store?

david_e_m 10-03-2010 7:08 PM

Sent.

jonyb 10-03-2010 7:17 PM

If you do this and not a WS-420, I'd recommend a line-driver if you don't have a head unit with at least a 4V pre-out.

JamesPB22 10-03-2010 7:56 PM

Yea im not keen on the WS420 b/c it doesnt really have 3 seperate zones for what i need. i want to be able to crank the tower speakers and sub and have the in boats very low. with the WS unit the Sub is counted as as an inboat speaaker and when you tune the in boat speakers down the sub looses volume aswell. so was thinking of the following:

3 x PAC LC1's 1 for each amp.
1 amp running the in boats, 1 monoblock amp running the sub & 1 amp running the tower speakers.
hooking up the LC1'a to each amp
Also adding in the Bazooka MPA 1000 unit or similar.
HSE unit for auto Valume control Based on RPM's

Would this work? it wouldnt be too much cheaper than buying the WS420 but i can use it how i want to set it up... comments appreciated..

david_e_m 10-03-2010 8:10 PM

Yes, John is definitely right in that a line driver will deliverance more voltage although the output of the HSE is very strong.
James, the WS420 is set up so that you don't have to be inconvenienced by readjusting the sub every time you make a tower or in-boat zone volume change. So, in the case of the LC1s you would probably series the sub LC1 after the in-boat LC1. This way the sub would automatically adjust with the in-boat zone but still provide for independent control. There are many alternate methods but you should include a similar scheme in your system planning. The WS420 can also be supplemented with an LC1 to offer the same solution.

David
Earmark Marine

JamesPB22 10-03-2010 8:19 PM

Perfect solution... so by installing the sub LC1 after the in boat LC1 the sub would be controlled with the in boats but then could be tweaked louder using the seriesed LC1 sub controller!

david_e_m 10-03-2010 8:32 PM

Yes

JamesPB22 10-03-2010 8:37 PM

Sent you an email David to see if you can help me out with the parts to rig this up! cheers!

skyski1 10-03-2010 11:56 PM

Using the 420.............If I want the sub to play when I am using only the tower speakers, I turn the in boat volume up just a little and turn the sub volume up a lot. Other than that small glitch, the 420 is one slick piece of gear.

david_e_m 10-04-2010 4:45 AM

The PAC LC1 as a supplemental control helps in this application whether you use it on the 'sub out' or the 'in-boat out' of the WS420 since the bass control on the WS420 is not a true linear level control. Rather its the amplitude control for a single band paragraphic EQ that is used in conjunction with a variable frequency control and a fixed bandwidth. If you apply too much emphasis in trying to use the bass EQ control as a level control then you create a nasty peak and an abnormal sound. If you only need a very mild boost in the bass output just for a little fill in this situation then there is no reason you can't use the bass EQ as a bass level control as described by John.

David
Earmark Marine

JamesPB22 10-04-2010 7:06 AM

Here's the outline of my proposed system. hope im on the right track here! one diagram is with the linked sub & in-boats as explained by David. It looks like the HSE unit will be doing a fair crack for its buck, will it be powerful enough?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4154/...34cc3eaf_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/...0358c826_b.jpg

david_e_m 10-04-2010 7:26 AM

I'd say you've got a handle on it.