WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Price to pay for Brand New Tige (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787649)

robertsjut 05-18-2011 11:37 PM

Price to pay for Brand New Tige

Hey Guys-

I'm finally make the step from my old I/O and have decided on a Tige 22ve. I have found a 2009 Brand New with these options: PCM 5.7 343hp,factory under floor ballast,dual batteries,s/s rubrail,heater,cruise,Alpha Z tower,tower of power speaker system,swivel board racks,bimini top,custom cover and custom trailer. They are asking just under $60k.

Do you think I can get it any lower?

Thanks for your input.

cwb4me 05-19-2011 3:44 AM

Yes,if you aren't trading anything.Also if you have your own financing set up you will have more bargining power.I would offer them 20% off of retail.After all the boat is 2 years old already.

tyler97217 05-19-2011 7:00 AM

Not really true that you will have more bargaining power if you have your own financing. In fact, could be the opposite. The dealer will usually make a percentage if you use their lending partners. I also think you need to shoot lower.

nelems 05-19-2011 7:47 AM

Try posting on tigeowners, some of the owners can probably help you out.

duffymahoney 05-19-2011 9:00 AM

I know you said new, but holy cow this is a good deal! 2007 Tige 22VE $33,849 scroll halfway down. I have nothing to do with this site, just thought someone should jump on this!

http://wakeboardboatauction.blogspot...ax-results=500

robertsjut 05-19-2011 12:11 PM

Any one know where to find invoice prices on Tige boats? So I was thinking of offering 48k for the 22ve is that to low of a starting point?

timmyb 05-19-2011 12:20 PM

As long as you would be happy paying at least that much, go for it! The worst they can say is No and counter with a bigger number.

cwb4me 05-19-2011 6:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler97217 (Post 1679875)
Not really true that you will have more bargaining power if you have your own financing. In fact, could be the opposite. The dealer will usually make a percentage if you use their lending partners. I also think you need to shoot lower.

If the dealer would sell for less if he finances with him,then he could save on financing.I don't disagree that he could offer 45 and get a counter but i was giving him a realistic figure.neither of us know all the details.I got 3.99 percent on my new boat ,but i doubt many people could do the same.Credit score length of time borrowing and down payment all come in to play.As for me i'll take my cash in to play the "game"every time.I've been in sales all my life.;)

tro 05-19-2011 6:24 PM

these tige boats have skyrockted in price the last few years. seems like they used to be a lower quality boat with a cheaper price tag. has the quality really gone up that much that they are now selling for a premium price tag?

talltigeguy 05-19-2011 7:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tro (Post 1680046)
these tige boats have skyrockted in price the last few years. seems like they used to be a lower quality boat with a cheaper price tag. has the quality really gone up that much that they are now selling for a premium price tag?

I think the short answer is yes, the quality increases have parallelled the price increases.

I was looking strongly last year at a 2009 RZ2 for 54K that was brand new. It was a green and black which is a hard sell to some people, but nonetheless it was new and is a more expensive boat than the 22Ve. It was not that well equipped as the boat you are looking at.

I think that no matter what you do, some doofus like me will state that I heard of one for cheaper. I think your dealer should make a buck, and you should feel like you got an awesome boat.

sp0tts 05-20-2011 5:39 AM

IMO, the Ve is the way to go if you want a Tige, but the boat you speak of is still a 2009 and whether it's been used or not that will affect your resale. If that were a 2011 it's probably a good deal, but it isn't. NADA on most boats is usually on the high side, but in this case with the boat still being new, NADA retail might be a good baseline. That or check to see what other '09s are going for and then try to adjust for the fact that this boat is still new.