WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   WakeMAKERS (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782522)

hunter660 08-09-2010 10:22 AM

WakeMAKERS

I want to give some recognition to WakeMAKERS. I undertook the huge task of installing the ballast system on my boat this summer. They have helped me every step of the way. They answered numerous questions of mine before I ever purchased a product from them. Helped me decide what to buy. Walked me through the installation and trouble shooting. Gave me a heads up on what tools I needed to have on hand. Then they did the unthinkable, I purchased a pair for 750lb sac for the rear of my boat. They even made sure I had them before the weekend. I thought I was making a big upgrade from my 400lb bags. What I found out was my boat did not respond well to that amount of weight. Since I glued all my fittings in, I just knew I had thrown major $$$ away. Not the case. Just got off the phone with them this morning and they are still giving me a refund. If you have any ballast needs, please give WakeMAKERS a chance. One of the best companies I have ever dealt with. I wish my local boat dealer would take a few hints from them.

tyler97217 08-09-2010 10:32 AM

I have to give them props too. They have helped me out and are very knowledgeable and reasonable as well.

h20king 08-09-2010 10:49 AM

X3 they were a great help to me as well when I did my ballast system I would highly recommend the diaphragm check valve the sell when using reversible pumps

ers906 08-09-2010 10:50 AM

X4, Jason at wakemakers has been invaluable in helping me set up my system.

hunter660 08-09-2010 10:57 AM

Speaking of the check valves, I thought a couple times about using something cheaper, but I'm glad I didn't. One, the product WakeMAKERS sells is barley bigger than the hose itself so it looks better, and two, they take almost no pressure to open.

h20king 08-09-2010 11:01 AM

Joe don't forget they are also serviceable and create little to no restriction well worth the extra coin and them being a local company doesn't hurt either

ers906 08-09-2010 11:13 AM

Where are you guys placing these check valves? I have reversible system Jabsco pumps and would only place them on the vent lines.

bbr 08-09-2010 11:16 AM

What kind of boat do you have? Did you send everything back to them? Why didn't you just get a new prop?

Don't forget that you can't just put weight in the back of the boat, you need to put in the front as well. You have to "sink" the boat evenly otherwise it will perform like crap and the wake will either be SUPER steep, or just suck completely.

ilikebeaverandboats 08-09-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbr (Post 1619575)
What kind of boat do you have? Did you send everything back to them? Why didn't you just get a new prop?

Don't forget that you can't just put weight in the back of the boat, you need to put in the front as well. You have to "sink" the boat evenly otherwise it will perform like crap and the wake will either be SUPER steep, or just suck completely.

what he said

hunter660 08-09-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbr (Post 1619575)

I only sent back my rear sacs, put my 400s back in. I have 500 up front and even added another 400 with the extra in the back. the wake would not clean up and the boat was at an unsafe level to drive on anything but glass

ilikebeaverandboats 08-09-2010 11:28 AM

really?
How low was it riding?

h20king 08-09-2010 11:34 AM

Eric I have check valves on the vent on the overboard and behind the pumps with this set up water is pumped over the side of the boat and the sacks raisin when empty like a seal a meal bag with all the air sucked out

hunter660 08-09-2010 11:50 AM

The rub rail in the rear of the boat was underwater about 1" and the bow was within 7-8" of the water I think.

ilikebeaverandboats 08-09-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter660 (Post 1619602)
The rub rail in the rear of the boat was underwater about 1" and the bow was within 7-8" of the water I think.

What size sacks did you put in the rear?

t0nyv831 08-10-2010 1:32 AM

Yeah...Wakemakers has helped me out a ton. I didn't go out and buy my entire system at once like most due to $$$. They were more than willing to work with me to get my setup and to stay within my budget. They answered all my questions and really just treated me like "numero uno" which speaks volumes to me. Good guys for sure.. Now I can hardly wait to get it all installed and working.

Tony

08-10-2010 1:35 AM

Hey can anyone help me with this...

I did the piggy back set up for the rear sacs, and they are filling all the way up, but never flowing into the overflow and/or out of the boat? Would hooking the overflow to the far rear connect help?

4white 08-10-2010 10:17 AM

The guys at WakeMakers are amazing! Definately will go the extra mile, they even had my bags sent directly from Fly High to make sure I had them for my holidays!!