WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Anyone at Brazos river this weekend with an extra prop (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798944)

rickB52 07-04-2013 7:13 PM

Anyone at Brazos river this weekend with an extra prop

Looking for spare prop to save the weekend...

1433/1235/2079

Thanks gang...

snork 07-05-2013 5:45 AM

Get in touch with B & B Propeller Sales & Services
3321 Rufe Snow Dr, Richland Hills, TX ‎
(817) 284-7201 ‎
or jeff at TXMC/MB
How and where did you damage your prop?

rickB52 07-05-2013 6:33 AM

Thanks snork

Will give B&B call. Planed on calling Jeff @9 when then open...

Hit prop on stump going where I shouldn't have. Should have known better

snork 07-05-2013 8:56 AM

if you trashed a prop you might want to check the strut.
were you at the Brazos south or west?
I hate bending props so I avoid stumps and fall'n riders

rickB52 07-05-2013 9:24 AM

Hopefully just prop. Just picked one up from Jeff.

Didn't totally trash. Just couldn't straighten enough to balance

We are down by kimball bend

snork 07-05-2013 11:26 AM

carefull south of the train bridge theres a stump that'll sink your boat in the middle of the river just before the river turns back towards plowman

rickB52 07-07-2013 12:59 PM

Know that one well...

Well - got refurb prop on Friday by mid day and after running for a bit still feel some vibration under load so back on trailer...

Good thing is we had couple other wakeboard boats so the kids still had fun...

Will be contacting Jeff on Tuesday and and hopefully dropping off to see if they can figure out the issue - with any luck it is bad refurb prop but guess it is not

Bad out I was just idleing when happen - strange if it did too much damage...

Snork - thanks for the reply

rickB52 07-08-2013 9:43 PM

snork - if my memory serves me correctly we saw you do a flip over that stump you are referencing a couple seasons ago when the water was REAL low. I believe you had a girl driving your star and we were changing riders sitting near that stump - we thought she was going to run over it and you just flipped over it like it wasn't there :)

We were in my buddies BU with 4 teenage boys amazed watching you and wishing they could do the same...

snork 07-09-2013 5:52 AM

The first time I noticed that thing, 100+ year old Live Oak I'd guess 2.5 ft dia., scared the shiot out of me, about 3" under water and it showed itself when the rollers past over it :( My daughter will not pull me through that area between the RR bridge and the Nolan river, too many monsters in the area. I keep telling her the learn the line for her own good.

Did I see you putting your B52 in storage Sunday?

rickB52 07-09-2013 8:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snork (Post 1832388)
The first time I noticed that thing, 100+ year old Live Oak I'd guess 2.5 ft dia., scared the shiot out of me, about 3" under water and it showed itself when the rollers past over it :( My daughter will not pull me through that area between the RR bridge and the Nolan river, too many monsters in the area. I keep telling her the learn the line for her own good.

Did I see you putting your B52 in storage Sunday?

not me putting in storage. we were towing back to house (live in Colleyville) Sunday from Indian Lodge. That is where I hit something around their docks trying to sneak in and out to drop off the wives :(