WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Marek binding users? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781680)

JDubs 07-15-2010 8:35 PM

Marek binding users?

I have been riding these for about 5 trips now. I really like these bindings but I always dread taking my feet out of these things. I can't seem to get the laces loose enough. I am getting a little better at it. At first I just had to get back on the swim deck and loosen them up so I could get my foot out. I know how the system works I just can't seem to keep the laces in the unlocked position as I get some slack in them. I have ridden several different pair of bindings through the years and have never had this big of a problem getting out of a pair. UGGGHHH. Anyone figured out a trick? I'm all ears.

hyperlite 07-16-2010 9:58 AM

try going up a size. you should notice entry and exit ease

bcrider 07-16-2010 10:06 AM

Not Hyperlite bindings but I have a pair of the 07 Ronix Cells and I just got a new Pair of the 2010 Ones both in size 12. The new Ones are a lot tighter to get in to and out as well and it has nothing to do with them being new. I find some of the new bindings don't release as much as some of the older bindings so it's a bit harder to get out......then again I come from the old school of the old high back bindings that could be an absolute B###H to get in or out.

michaelspsp 07-16-2010 11:45 AM

Socks. i have the Marek bindings too. I saw a pic of Rusty wearing black socks at a clinic a few weeks ago on facebook. So i said if it's good enough for Rusty....btw. Shaun Murray commented,"Nice Socks"on the pic. there was a pic last year in one of the mags with Shaun wearing socks.... also, when laces are unlocked pull on the tongue to make the opening bigger, with the sock, foot slides right out.

JDubs 07-16-2010 12:48 PM

They are a perfect fit. Thats not the problem. It's just that stupid lace design. If I can get those loose they come out easy. Feet going in is no problem either. May try the sock thing for the heck of it.

michaelspsp 07-16-2010 2:11 PM

yes, when you pull the tongue, that will loosen the laces... i have been wondering if the laces are laced right from the factory....

JDubs 07-16-2010 2:29 PM

Thanks duder. Will try that tomorrow

JDubs 07-17-2010 3:32 PM

No dice. It's getting better but here's the deal. I unlock the laces and when I pull on the white tabs to create slack they lock back, so its a constant back and forth with the laces until I can get enough slack in them to get the binding loose. Guess I will just deal with it. Not my favorite design for laces but I do like how they feel and ride so I guess thats whats important.

jason95gt 07-17-2010 6:27 PM

Just use two hands. Put your thumb over the lace part forcing them not to lock on you again and then just pull the white tab all the way. If you haven't cut your laces, that helps too.

JDubs 07-17-2010 8:28 PM

Cut your laces? Please explain.

luke_j 07-17-2010 10:10 PM

I would dread putting my feet into those boots much more than taking them out.

jason95gt 07-18-2010 5:35 AM

Hyperlite boots always have such long laces and I just hate the excess once you have them tight. I adjust the laces when putting them on and leave just a little more, then just re-tie them and cut off the extra. I have done this to all of my bindings except my Ronix as they have the nice lace holder built in and not a foot of extra lace.

michaelspsp 07-19-2010 6:28 PM

where are the guys from hyperlite when you need them?

tom_paz 07-19-2010 9:00 PM

justin - dont cut the laces! i agree that sometimes hyperlite has had excess laces in the past, but with these boots, the more lace, the easier they are to deal with. I have ridden these boots all year and they are the most supportive boots ive ever ridden. If you can float and balance the board under you, then what i do is unhook the pull-bars at the end of lace from the boots (where you clip them on to ride) and put them forward and down by the toe edge of board so the laces are extended and unlocked. then pull on the loosening tabs as far as you can and with the angle the laces are bent back, they shouldnt re-lock while you are pulling the loosen tabs. if worse comes to worst, just use one hand to hold the laces unlocked and away from the cleat, and pull the loosening tabs with the other. once the laces are loose, they open up nice and wide and are easy to get out from there. hope this helps a bit.

coreym 07-19-2010 10:10 PM

Well put Tom! Tom knows his stuff. That's about exactly the way I would have put it.

michaelspsp 07-20-2010 7:28 PM

of course i already cut my laces....

JDubs 07-20-2010 8:37 PM

Sounds good. I will give that a shot friday