WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   New Advanced Wakesurf Board (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799566)

NJV 08-15-2013 5:55 PM

New Advanced Wakesurf Board

Looking for a new board. We have an IS Sweet Spot (I love this board, but it pearls a lot, however I really like it because it is very fast and squirrely or loose). We also have the fiberglass Slasher Pro X. We also love this board as it has long fins so it is very stable, but also pretty fast. The intermediate folks like it. I am looking for a very fast surf style board, much like the Sweet Spot, but hoping even better. Any suggestions? Must be a surf style board. Just want something possibly faster that the IS Sweet Spot, and because I live in So Cal I really cannot demo any boards. Would love to get your suggestions/opinions. Thanks, Nick

Soulcraft 08-15-2013 6:20 PM

Hi Nick, Where in SoCal are you? Im in Oceanside maybe I can get you a demo on my boards?

kimper 08-15-2013 7:37 PM

I just road the IS Swallow last weekend, looks similar to your Sweet spot? Flyboy is fastest board I have ever ridden..

iamcdn 08-15-2013 8:31 PM

I also have the IS Sweet spot pro with two fins and have loved it....that is until I got a Soulcraft Jetty Fang Tail with 4 fins. I am prefering the control I have with the soulcraft. For some reason I can ride more of the wave. It has built confidence. My only problem with it right now is that it doesn't fit in my rack.

NJV 08-16-2013 6:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulcraft (Post 1839268)
Hi Nick, Where in SoCal are you? Im in Oceanside maybe I can get you a demo on my boards?

We live in Mission Viejo, probably about 45 minutes north of you. I would love to demo some boards. How does that work?

NJV 08-16-2013 6:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamcdn (Post 1839292)
I also have the IS Sweet spot pro with two fins and have loved it....that is until I got a Soulcraft Jetty Fang Tail with 4 fins. I am prefering the control I have with the soulcraft. For some reason I can ride more of the wave. It has built confidence. My only problem with it right now is that it doesn't fit in my rack.

By more control, do you mean the board is more stiff than the IS Sweet Spot? I guess I want a board that is like the IS Sweet Spot, but faster and does not pearl. Just looking for something different on the boat.

NJV 08-16-2013 6:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimper (Post 1839280)
I just road the IS Swallow last weekend, looks similar to your Sweet spot? Flyboy is fastest board I have ever ridden..

Thank you, but that board is $899? It better be fast. Did you buy the flyboy? Any complaints?

iamcdn 08-16-2013 6:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJV (Post 1839347)
By more control, do you mean the board is more stiff than the IS Sweet Spot? I guess I want a board that is like the IS Sweet Spot, but faster and does not pearl. Just looking for something different on the boat.

Yes, the soulcraft is a lot less loose under your feet than the sweet spot so much more surf style. Maybe you are looking for a more skim style? Phase 5?

Soulcraft 08-16-2013 6:59 AM

Hi Nick, email me jwahlers01@gmail.com and we can set something up.

Where do you surf at?

rugbyballa3 08-16-2013 7:35 AM

so i have been doing business with Day1wake. there customer service has really impressed me. Day1 is building me a board right now and i cant wait. there xani and skitso are great boards and they have a new prototype board they are almost done with. and they have the trevor miller pro model addixion board. i have a buddy that just bought the addixion and another buddy that just bought the xani. check out day1wake.com and give them a call. 206.280.6223 talk to bryce

Chaos 08-16-2013 8:16 AM

Nick hit up Jeff, he is great. You can also try a Shred Stixx Pro if you hit up Vartanian Surf over in Costa Mesa.

Nick

MICAH_HARPER 08-16-2013 9:20 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Nick..........i guess ill put my 2cents in.....Brock over a Doomswell can hook you up with a great board at a great great price. The Roundtail drone that i ride has a twinzer set up and is super fast and cuts and slaysh on a dime. As far as pearling it...he will customize anything you want to the rocker of the boards to the fin set up ....anything you want... and will take care of you for sure and still give you a price hard to beat

call him at 409 -692-6363

DOOMSWELL IS A THUMBS UP COMPANY

MICAH_HARPER 08-16-2013 9:21 AM

Made in Texas

MCObray 08-16-2013 10:39 AM

If I were you, I'd look no further than a Shred Stixx or Soulcraft product. Buy once, cry once.

malibu 08-17-2013 2:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've the opportunity to ride a lot of brands of wakesurf boards at the polar bear events in CA. Soulcrafts are my favorite. My newest one is a fangtail with 4 fins. It is amazing! With a couple of pumps I am flying back into the pocket. It took a few rides to get the feel of my new fangtail but now it is my favorite and the only board I ride. Each design Jeff comes up with is much more advanced than the previous one. I am having so much fun on this board!!! If you get a chance to demo a Soulcraft you definitely should. Even those of us who are not pros enjoy the advanced design and of these boards. Here are a couple of pics of the new fangtail in action.