WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through September 10, 2007 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=500944)
-   -   Lets say I was to trade my I/O in (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497691)

sunjess 09-05-2007 12:31 PM

Lets say I was to trade my I/O in and could afford a wakeboard boat that costs up to 35-37k, what do you think the best bang for the buck would be, and why?

tyboarder03 09-05-2007 2:44 PM

An 03-05 Sanger V210 good length, good storage, kicking wake, and they definitely have their build process down. You could also get the same year Moomba LSV or XLV(23ft) but I prefer the Sanger. Theres really tons of used boats in that range that are VDrive(assuming thats what you want) and you can't go wrong with any of them as long as they've been maintained. So first hand inspect whatever you're looking at and see what fits you best. <BR> <BR>(Message edited by tyboarder03 on September 05, 2007)

etakk7 09-05-2007 6:55 PM

03 X-2

mjfan23 09-05-2007 6:58 PM

hold on let me go grab some popcorn before this thread gets rollin...

sunjess 09-05-2007 7:00 PM

that's what I was thinking, thought for sure I would have more response then this...

882001 09-05-2007 7:04 PM

02ish san, x2 or vlx. stick with the big 3 for resale.oh and the wakes are sick on all of the above.

treycleaton 09-05-2007 7:58 PM

05'-06' Centurion Air Warrior

cadesun 09-06-2007 4:45 PM

If you're coming from the I/O world, any wakeboat will be great! Just test drive and ride behind a bunch of boats in your price range and see what you like best. Don't listen to all the usual this brand is better than that brand crap.

sunjess 09-06-2007 6:30 PM

there is a moomba dealer and a mastercraft dealer near me, while the mastercraft looks nicer not sure I could afford one I want, do you guys like Moombas?

canecorso 09-06-2007 7:08 PM

Not I, not a bad boat though-its a value priced boat. I think it will be the cheapest new non-i/o boat

trace 09-06-2007 7:46 PM

IMO, the Moomba XLV is the most bang for the buck on the market, by far. <BR> <BR>If you're looking at used boats, you may run into problems with trading in yours on a used one. Dealers like to move used boats ASAP because it's basically their cash sitting there depreciating. Some won't trade used for used, unless they are really bending you over. They don't have much if any money tied up in the new inventory. Also, an inboard dealer will have a hard time selling an I/O off their lot, so the offer you get will be pretty much worst-case auction value.

westsiderippa 09-06-2007 8:15 PM

older x star, v 210, super sport nautique, older vlx, newer v-ride, 2001 nauti, dude the list goes on and on. you kinda need to do some research on your own get to know about inboards a little then come back with some specific questions, i.e. motor, wake, hull, ballest, fit and finish, tower, storage. you see my point other wise this is just going to get all the boyz in an uproar and you will not like any of the answers you get. but to answer your question imho and my bugget was 37k, stretch your bugget a couple bucks and go find a left over 06 or 07 sanger v210 and sac it out. you can almost get into a new boat with that much money and it will be more wake then you'll need when weighted right.

bmartin 09-07-2007 9:00 AM

May want to hold on to your I/O until after the boat shows to max resale, but look to buy a new or used ride now if you can swing it finacially. Lots of used inventory now and in that price range you will have lots of choices. I would consider Moombas, Sangers, and Centurions if you want value. If you want an older more prestigious brand, Malibu, MC, and Nauti.