WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through November 29, 2007 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=524335)
-   -   good times, transgr., dsII opinions (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511096)

jman 10-13-2007 12:40 PM

anyone have opinions on these titles: good times, transgression, delta sessions II. All the trailers look real good and I would like to get them all but only one for the time being. some things id prefer in movies besides great riding are various locations, no screaming type music(at least very little), at least 30 min long. I have butter effect and bent felix and i really like them. can't wait for drive. <BR> <BR>all opinions appreciated. also has anyone ordered from actionsportsdvd.com?

premier136 10-13-2007 12:45 PM

i cant comment on good times or transgression but u wont be disappointed with ds2.

innov8 10-13-2007 1:02 PM

They are all good, do the Eni Meeni Mini Mo and see what happens.

liquidmx 10-13-2007 1:03 PM

I second the DS2. They visit a few different locations that are beautiful, good music and great riding. No screamo music IMHO. Plus its close to 45 mins, not including the TON of extra's.

wakedad33 10-13-2007 1:50 PM

DS-2 Is excellent, if your looking at Good Times, it's also a nice film featuring mostly Northwest riders but Good Times 2 is better IMO.

longlakerider 10-13-2007 2:07 PM

ds2 is amazazing, it comes with the movie and the soundtrack so you can put it on your itunes or whatever. i listen to the cd daily

garret_s 10-13-2007 5:33 PM

DS2 was way too drawn out, especially the intro. The riding was good, but the editing and music was just average. I dunno. Its a decent film, but I think I would bank on Transgression being a more interesting film, if that is what you are looking for.

deltaridah 10-15-2007 10:43 AM

i use a site called totalvid.com its like 10 bucks a month but u can watch unlimited full length videos. i have seen ds1 and 2 as well as many others on thier. they have all the instructionals too.

mcwakerider 10-15-2007 11:15 AM

I would think transgression is probably going to be your best bet as far as various riding locations. I like ds2 for the simple reason it has great riding and its cool to see spots you ride at in a movie. Rather than just shots of florida.

jarrod 10-15-2007 1:12 PM

You have to get DS2 just to watch Derek Cook ride.

mcwakerider 10-15-2007 1:22 PM

Agreed^^^^ <BR> <BR>he boosts everything and pokes everything out. <BR> <BR>DS2 is worth the money. You get a lot of footage. You have the main movie which has tons of riders and then there is the bonus footage with more riding, crashes, Rob Struharik, and Eddie and Jacob Valdez.

jcv 10-15-2007 2:28 PM

I liked Good Times quite a bit more. DS2 was great and all, but, being shot mostly on the Delta (duh), the scenery got a little redundant. It's a great DVD to watch all the way through once or twice, but it's not one you'll be popping in the player over and over again. Derek Cook has the only section I've seen more than 3 times. Plus, SOB's section in the Good Times is better than it is in DS2. The locations, vibe, music, and riding in the Good Times really defines wakeboarding well. <BR> <BR>I just ordered Transgression...hope it's good.

malibuboarder75 10-15-2007 2:56 PM

I got DS2 and wasn't very impressed. Everyone talked about DS1 and how good it was, and that DS2 was going to be a hundred times better. The only section that I really like was Derek Cook because his style is so unique.

deltaridah 10-15-2007 3:03 PM

derek cook threw down in there but how about brady sammons part. He went huge and clean lots of style imo

jarrod 10-15-2007 3:48 PM

Yep, Brady too.

njskier 10-15-2007 4:00 PM

Counterfeit this.......it doesn't disappoint! <BR> <BR>Can't wait for Transgression and Push Process, should both be good.

ldebbold 10-15-2007 4:11 PM

Ya, DS2 is great. My fav for editing and music. Great for norcal folks. Counterfeit This is also up there, the Parks and Murray sections are phenomenal. Of course, I'm completely nuts for wakeboarding so who knows. Saw the Transgression premiere at Worlds and ordered that right away but still waiting for it to arrive. Can't go wrong with any of those. I liked the riding in Bent Felix, but I thought it was rather choppy and didn't flow at all for me.

dudeman 10-15-2007 5:34 PM

DS2 and Derek Cook's riding rocks. Intro is very cool, not drawn out at all. Very well done.