WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through August 20, 2005 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=249784)
-   -   Team USA (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246462)

bulldog_peach 08-12-2005 5:27 AM

What is with this? They choose 2 little girls on the team and only one pro men, 1 jr men, and 1 pro woman. Man- this is why USA Waterski should stay out of wakeboarding. Someone told me it was a good strategy to win worlds for team. If this is true then something is wrong with the sport. They chose 2 boys also but they rock, little Soven and Jimmy Lariche. Shouldn't Worlds be the best. Maybe 1 girl and 1 boy but at least 2 pro men and 2 pro women. What a weenie- let's put up two girls that have a backroll and beat all the other little girls who just jump the wake.

h2oskidds69 08-12-2005 7:31 AM

If you really want to win a "World Championship" don't you want the best to go against the best. It really doesn't mean much if you just pick out the weakest divisions with the fewest riders and try to win your medals there. Jimmy, Adam, Raimi, and Heather all deserve to be on the team since they won their divisions at USA Wakeboard's Championships. Why are riders who did not even compete or win their divisions on the team? The team was not selected using their own selection criteria so it is hard to understand where they came up with the team.

bocaboarder 08-15-2005 1:46 PM

Mr S Bitch bitch bitch <BR>Phillip was representing the us at the world cup and I believe he won last year,robert was also a gold medal winner,patty was the third highest point winner for us and a podium winner,Cathy is the point leader internationally and has been a staunch supporter of the assoc as well as having a great international style. Oh I belive she has been on the team before.They did use the selection criteria just not the one you'd like to see.Its not about one tournament but a series of them even Dallas doesn't win all the time so you wouldn't send her. <BR>Ms N No ther country put up 2 pro men or women in the past with the exception of the US. What a WEENIE many believe Rami and Patty are 2 of the best in the World. They compete against Girls 4 years older than them.So if they and the others are the best who else would you send?The Boys rock but the Girls don't?

bulldog_peach 08-15-2005 5:14 PM

If you can't win the Girls division you should not go. Period. Sending 2 in the girls is weak. As is sending 2 in the boys. I just heard that little Soven did not even compete and they chose him. I will be okay with sending little kids over the top professionals when the Ryder Cup starts adding Putt Putt or NASCAR adds Go Karts.

lizrd 08-15-2005 7:53 PM

Nice first post Boca Bill.

dakid 08-15-2005 8:00 PM

have you ever considered the fact that maybe, just maybe, the top pros have other obligations, or can't compete due to contract agreements w/ their sponsors? <BR> <BR>guess not. <BR> <BR>and really, does it mean that much to you?

h2oskidds69 08-15-2005 9:26 PM

USA Wakeboard's World Team selection criteria are posted on the USA Wakeboard website. The Criteria is written as follows: "Their selection will be based primarily on performance at the USA Wakeboard National Championship in Rockford, IL, July 22-24. Performances at other tournaments may be given additional consideration. The selection committee's will be using the current IWSF/WWC age divisions and team requirement. Finally, additional consideration may be given to past team members and applicants that have supported USA Wakeboard."

hoosairboy 08-16-2005 5:14 AM

I didn't realize so may USAWaterskiers actually read this. Who cares what they do. <BR> <BR>This is not a wakeboarding group. These are waterskiers. Look at their magazine. Some of the guys who wakeboard are cool. Levine and Hair have been riding with them for a while. You had Lidberg, Errington and Larische this year. The Sovens don't do anything for them but go to Worlds but it gives them some legitimacy. <BR> <BR>I can't believe the big purses they have over seas. So why isn't Dallas there? They can pick the Sovens who only go to worlds that is paid for but chose Cathy Williams because of her loyalty? International Point leader? Who is second? Someone we never heard of. It is interesting to see who comes out of the woodwork to defend this. Must be dads.

bocaboarder 08-16-2005 9:14 AM

Read the rules you can't send more than 2 people per division. I'm sure you would send all 8 pros but then again thats why nobody put you in charge. <BR>My suggestion is that you stop whinning and have a glass of wine to kill that bug in your arse

timmy 08-16-2005 9:38 AM

This post is a shining example of why most wakeboarders I know don't give a crap about competing.