WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video and Photography (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87667)
-   -   Video Editing Programs (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791179)

wakegirl22 12-17-2011 6:05 PM

Video Editing Programs

Okay, so I have some video that I took from my sisters wedding in Costa Rica. The wedding was held on the beach and I need to edit the wind out or atleast drown in out. Is there any good video editing software that anyone suggests that is not outrageously expensive. I was looking at some at Best Buy tonight and don't know what would work the best. They had Pinnacle Studio for $99.99, Vegas Movie Studio for $99.99 or Roxio Creator for $109.99 or $99.99

SangerTom 12-19-2011 2:53 PM

Believe it or not - Windows Live Moviemaker is really easy to use and you can pretty much edit like crazy. And it's a free download

SangerTom 12-19-2011 2:54 PM

I have Vegas Studio and its really good but its got a learning curve to it. Do not get Magic - its sucks and there is absolutely no customer support.

wakegirl22 12-19-2011 4:03 PM

I actually have the Windows Live Movie program, and I don't see anywhere that you can play around with the sound. There is a lot of wind in the video and I need to tone it down or try something else to get rid of it.

Shooter 12-19-2011 4:26 PM

I'm not familiar with windows movie maker, but even a basic edit program should have a mute sound option...then you can add your own sound track like music. a google search like "windows movie maker audio" or something similar might help find answers.

SangerTom 12-21-2011 9:07 PM

That is a limitation of windows moviemaker. Like the post above, you can mute it out and lay in your own music track. If I remember correctly, you can pull down the video sound to a lower level by dragging the volume line in the sound clip.

wakegirl22 12-22-2011 8:06 PM

I'm just looking for a program to reduce the background noise and enhance the talking. I don't want to put music over the video for the sheer fact that it is a wedding movie and not a picture slide show.

shawndoggy 12-23-2011 5:34 AM

iMovie can (sorta -- nothing can truly fix ruined audio) do that and it has the shortest learning curve of any of the consumer editors.

Have any friends with a MacBook that you could borrow for half a day?

wakegirl22 12-23-2011 4:44 PM

none, my sister has one, but she lives over a thousand miles from me! Anyone had experience with Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Premiere Elements? I've been looking at that program and trying to get some info on it.

tonyv420 01-10-2012 1:58 PM

What does everyone use for Mac ? I have i movie, but it seems kinda difficult to me

shawndoggy 01-10-2012 1:59 PM

if you find iMovie hard, I don't think you're really going to like any of the editors out there. iMovie is about the simplest, most intuitive editor of them all imho.

rdlangston13 01-10-2012 3:02 PM

does anyone know how to make clips in reverse in windows live movie maker?