WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through September 23, 2004 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=192984)
-   -   what u think about moomba's? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189932)

jojomantor 09-09-2004 9:26 PM

i might get the moomba outback lsv what do u think about that boat?

dakid 09-09-2004 9:32 PM

"you" might?

cheeseinaz 09-10-2004 7:46 AM

I can't comment on that exact boat but I do have an 02 Mobuis and for the money it's been great. I've got 240 hrs on it and have had no major mechanical problems at all just a few minor issues with the ballast pumps. You can certainly get a "better" boat: Malibu, MC, etc... but you will also shell out another $15-30K. For the money I paid, it does the trick. With a factory ballast and a few fat sacs, it throws a huge wake too. I'd demo it as well as the others to decide if spending the extra cash is truly worth it.

ldurnal 09-10-2004 8:27 AM

Damn Joe! I don't visit this site much anymore but when I do and I see where you've posted on a thread you're always attacking someone. It seems that all you do is lurk until you have a opportunity to slam someone. Don't you have anything positive to contribute (other than "rah, rah, Double UP and Blindside")?

dakid 09-10-2004 9:24 AM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1><b>quote:</b></font><p>I don't visit this site much anymore <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> <BR> <BR>that explains it.

ldurnal 09-10-2004 10:22 AM

typical...

stanfield 09-10-2004 10:45 AM

I think that you get what you pay for. I personally think that the fit and finish of moombas is not very good. The interiors just look cheap. You can build a decent wake out of almost any inboard so that's not an issue at all. It really just boils down to what you're looking for and what you're willing to pay.

tcluv85 09-10-2004 12:33 PM

Test drive, test drive, test drive....test drive a Moomba, then test drive a Malibu or Nautique and the difference will be very clear. Interior, steering, hull, the whole package. <BR> <BR>I agree with Stanfield....you get what you pay for. If you think this is a boat you are only keeping for a short period (year, maybe two), then moomba would work, but if you want a boat to last for years...I would go for something else. That is just my $.02.

gdillyfunk69 09-10-2004 6:18 PM

Idurnal.... ur right thats all joe does is just put in rude comments to get people mad. But dont worry about it... as long as he dosnt break the "rules" wakeworld wont do anything about it. Some people like him just have issues!

dakid 09-10-2004 6:21 PM

you guys are way too sensitive. chill the hell out. it's the internet, which means no one is making you read my posts.

rock_n_boardin 09-10-2004 8:02 PM

Joe is just pointing out the Joey is 16 and might be buying a $40K plus wakeboard boat. <BR> <BR>Joe that might be a little ticky tack. But what the hell. I will say the majority of Joe's posts are of a positive/helpful nature "serious". <BR> <BR>You just missed all of them. But how the heck did you? He has posted over 4000 times!!!

jojomantor 09-10-2004 11:10 PM

im sorry what i should have said i we are thinking about getting a moomba for me and my brother to use

greenthumb 09-13-2004 9:50 AM

My borhter and I just bought an 99 Moomba Outback and have had no problems with it thus far. About 250 hours on it, we installed a tower and have done nothing with the weighting of the boat so far. With 5 or 6 people in the boat and a full tank, it throws a decent wake. I can say that you would find a better wakeboat if you dish out some more cash, but bang for the buck, I would buy another one. When it's time to upgrade, I will be looking at the Mobius. We actually had some engine work done to it like a high rise intake and a double pumper Holley carb....thing goes like stink but as we all know that it does not throw the best wake......invest in some fat sacks.

wakeshoe 09-13-2004 12:48 PM

Joey, <BR>The Moomba Outback LSV is a good, solid, reliable boat. It will throw a really good wake when weighted. Its not as luxurious as a Bu or SAN or MC, but its also 10-15K less. You will find that boat snobs will dis the Moombas, but true wakeboarders who have ridden behind one typically won't. Would I like to go with a $50k boat - sure, but for the same reason I won't shell out $50k for an Escalade, I'm very happy with our Mobius LSV.