WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   CWB superbowl commercial at halftime. (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791739)

Txjole 02-05-2012 10:58 AM

CWB superbowl commercial at halftime.

CWB made the statement on thier Facebook page they will have a commercial on at halftime during the superbowl. This is a great step to mainstream the sport we all love. Codos to CWB for making that investment, hope it pays ten fold.

Txjole 02-05-2012 11:01 AM

Scratch that they just retracted thier statement, what asses.

hockeysk8er222 02-05-2012 11:10 AM

That would have been really awesome if they could have done that though. The companies that have commercials in the super bowl drop unreal amounts of money for that kid of airtime.

captain_vilfo 02-05-2012 12:48 PM

they wouldve been broke if they went through with it

durty_curt 02-05-2012 1:19 PM

So.... Let's say a wakeboard affiliated company had a commercial during the super bowl.. What company do you think could/would do it?

TheHebrewHammer 02-05-2012 2:56 PM

If it was a board company, it would be one of the Archer companies, that's for sure. Probably LF or Hyperlite just because of their huge popularity. I could also see a Mastercraft commercial or maybe one of the energy drinks.

simplej 02-05-2012 5:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer (Post 1730168)
If it was a board company, it would be one of the Archer companies, that's for sure. Probably LF or Hyperlite just because of their huge popularity. I could also see a Mastercraft commercial or maybe one of the energy drinks.

i thought cwb was an archer company?

TheHebrewHammer 02-05-2012 6:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplej (Post 1730178)
i thought cwb was an archer company?

they are

simplej 02-05-2012 8:41 PM

I don't understand how this industry can function all under the same conglomerate. The only really active smaller brands are ronix and slingshot

TheHebrewHammer 02-05-2012 9:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplej (Post 1730198)
I don't understand how this industry can function all under the same conglomerate. The only really active smaller brands are ronix and slingshot

That is not true. Slingshot and Ronix are well known because they've become mainstream successes, but there are a slew of smaller niche brands pushing the market and the sport in new directions.

Don't forget about Rope, Humanoid, Phalanx, Wakeology, J-star/Jobe, and especially CTRL, who seem to be poised for cable domination. There will always be a market for niche brands in action sports, and when these niche brands meet with initial success, they can cross over to the mainstream.

Once a brand achieves the foothold that Slingshot or especially Ronix has, the Kent people can't easily stamp them out like they did to Company. These brands aren't going anywhere and they're only going to get bigger. As long as they exist, Kent brands will have to push themselves to pump out new and improved product.

It's working. Hyperlite, LF, CWB, and O'brien are killing it, and we probably have Ronix and Slingshot to thank for that.

simplej 02-06-2012 5:20 AM

I guess I should've worded that better i should've said established rather than active, I realize that there are lots of smaller brands, and hopefully that stays. In terms of the conglomerate, however, i feel like when you look at tech within that grouping of brands it's all pretty similar. The only place you really see a lot of difference is the bindings IMO, and even those are similar .

TheHebrewHammer 02-06-2012 7:21 AM

Ehhh, I don't think it's as bad as you say. When I go from an LF to a Hyperlite to a CWB to an O'brien, it feels like I'm riding a board from a totally different company. I think Kent has done an excellent job of establishing unique identities for each of its brands.

thedoubleupkid 02-06-2012 10:56 AM

Hey I thought this was a superbowl thread?

nuckledragger 02-06-2012 11:29 AM

It was until the commercial didn't happen.:)