WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Thinking of upgrading my Board! Ronix code 22 or the William (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797887)

jeepdude 05-01-2013 7:18 AM

Thinking of upgrading my Board! Ronix code 22 or the William

The Facts:
I am 30 years old 5'9''and 150-160 lbs depending on the day
I would say an intermediate rider at best (180, 360 and grabs) but a good snowboarder if that matters.

last year I rode a Wakeology Sick Transit 135.
Great board, and huge upgrade from my first one which was an O'Brian from the late 90's.
I also really love the Wakeology Bindings I have.

However,
Last year One of the guys I rode with picked up a Ronix Mana, and I tried it a few times and found it so much easier to get Wake to wake and also found it to have more stability that i started to find disappointment in my board quickly.

Now I know the Code22 in the New Mana, but i have heard and read great things about the William which seems like it may be easier to grow with.

Guys, help me choose a board.
I know it is 90% needing to continue to hone my craft, but if I can find equipment to make it easier, that is always a plus.

skiboarder 05-01-2013 8:07 AM

The old Mana is not easy to ride. In my opinion the Code 22 and the William will be a vast improvement even over the Mana. I really liked the William and a close friend (who can kill it) has been on the code 22. They are both fast boards with firm edges (very consistent). Both will help you progress fast.

I'm not much help, but either choice will be a good one. When I can't decide, I use the graphics as a tie breaker--really.

ironj32 05-01-2013 8:11 AM

Just took my third set on the Code22 last night. It was my first set on it using my "normal ballast" configuation. Not sure if it was the board, the wake, or the cold @$$ water, but man was I getting punted. I had so much fun on it. It released really nicely off of the wake, both heel and toe side. Felt like I had total control of it. Was riding the G23 at 75' (which is a pretty wide wake compared to the older XStar, 210 and 230) and was going well into the flats. Seemed to be a bit more user friendly than the One that I was riding last year.

raceman121 05-01-2013 9:56 AM

Love my William! It's so fast in the flats! It boosts of the wake! It's just amazing all around! I love it so much!

tdickman4 05-01-2013 10:24 AM

get the code 22

jeepdude 05-09-2013 12:44 PM

Guys, I decided on the Bill from 2012 (blue with the cookie)

Questions:
1. were there two versions last year as there is this year? if so is there a certain one i should be looking for.

2. i am finding a lot of 138 and 142's. which do you think will be better for me.
I was actually thinking of going 142 for landing stability as i have a 135 right now and it gets squirrely.

i weigh around 150 and am 5'9''

MystiikVLX 07-15-2015 5:59 PM

Anyone else have any experience to share comparing the Code 22 vs the William?

nickfernandez00 07-15-2015 6:56 PM

William or code

Id go with the 138 bill ^^

I have a William and I absolutely love it. My best bud has the code and the code does have more snap off the wake but lands harder than the william. There both super quick edge to edge but the william is a little faster on top of the water. code is more aggresive of a board.

ak4life 07-15-2015 11:45 PM

The Code 22 has sharper edges that the Willam. I find that it's less forgiving in that when I land on edge slightly out of position, it will hook and go. On the William I'd be able slide out and survive, or at least enjoy a mellower fall.

However, I prefer the Code because that same tendency is great for holding an edge through the wake. I needed .8" Utility fins to be able to do anything Toeside on the William. That setup made it too sticky for surviving sketchy landings or doing surface spin drills. On the Code, my Toeside is as good as ever with .6" Babooshka fins, and it's nice and loose when not on edge.

So that's why I prefer the Code 22. YMMV.

MystiikVLX 07-16-2015 10:56 AM

Has anyone ridden the new 2015 Ronix One? They claim its much faster...just curious how it now compares to the code 22 and william.

ak4life 07-16-2015 11:00 AM

I haven't tried the One, old or new, but if I hadn't settled on the Code, the One would have probably been the next in line to try.

chris_schweda 07-16-2015 8:20 PM

I love the code22 with babooshka fins

nickfernandez00 07-17-2015 4:25 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331607308738...84.m1555.l2649

Hey guys Im trying to sell my 2015 William 140. the only thing wrong with is on one side, the widest insert is stripped. I took a really bad fall and the boot ripped right out.