WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   new skim board (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796838)

stotts12 02-03-2013 5:11 PM

new skim board

im looking at getting a new skimboard but i dont really know where to start, everywhere i look it says go with inland or phrase 5 but they are kinda out of my price range. (unless someone knows where to get a deal on one maybe older year or something) Ive been looking at getting either the liquid force doum, ronix one skimmer or the hyperlite coex. all three of them range between $250 and $350 or is there something else on the market thats better in my price range?

ilikebeaverandboats 02-03-2013 5:56 PM

Never ridden one but I have always heard that the Calibrated skim boards are awesome....if you can actually get your hands on one.

Look at Victoria skimboards too

malibu 02-03-2013 6:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Talk to Mike Armstrong at Calibrated and see if he has any materials left over from last years boards. He made me a custom Piscus a year ago and it is by far my favorite skim board. It doesn't have any graphics on it but it's pink and has the Calibrated logo. I rode a phase five prop before this board but never went back to it after riding my Piscus.
Here is a picture of it.

ilikebeaverandboats 02-03-2013 7:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malibu (Post 1804686)
Talk to Mike Armstrong at Calibrated and see if he has any materials left over from last years boards. He made me a custom Piscus a year ago and it is by far my favorite skim board. It doesn't have any graphics on it but it's pink and has the Calibrated logo. I rode a phase five prop before this board but never went back to it after riding my Piscus.
Here is a picture of it.

the construction on those suckers is pretty sweet! Super durable. Never got my hands on one unfortunately.

dejoeco 02-04-2013 12:29 PM

You should definitely check out the wake skim boards from Victoria. I have ridden and own a Phase Five and my daughter used to use an Inland Surfer board. Both companies are good, but for my buck the Victoria boards are reasonably priced and superb boards. My daughter is now sponsored by Victoria and her skill level has improved exponentially. Look at their website and call Kyle, 949 - 494 - 0059. Tell him Jackie Costa told you to call. You won't regret it.

WakeDirt 02-04-2013 1:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Im parting ways with this bad boy if anyone is interested, it will be on ebay this eve

snork 02-04-2013 3:04 PM

Thinking about purchasing a Hyperlite Coex I don't know much about it other than its shorter than the Broadcast that I currently have. I'm looking for a board that is more maneuverable.

ilikebeaverandboats 02-04-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snork (Post 1804807)
Thinking about purchasing a Hyperlite Coex I don't know much about it other than its shorter than the Broadcast that I currently have. I'm looking for a board that is more maneuverable.

We have a coex that we all learned on a few years back. The board has held up well, and is a lot of fun to ride, learned 360's on it last season. Good all around board, but if you are looking for a true skim style board, I would look to something else.

vman 02-05-2013 3:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have one of these in a 54. Brand new, never in the water. Retails for 800. Will let go for 500. PM me if interested.

stotts12 02-05-2013 1:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WakeDirt (Post 1804799)
Im parting ways with this bad boy if anyone is interested, it will be on ebay this eve

are the fins removable on it?

WakeDirt 02-05-2013 3:41 PM

Yes

WakeDirt 02-07-2013 12:25 PM

Only 3 hours left on Ebay!

stotts12 02-07-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WakeDirt (Post 1805454)
Only 3 hours left on Ebay!

i was going to bid on your board is it still available or did it sell?
if its still available can you email me at chriss.stotts@gmail.com

thanks

WakeDirt 02-08-2013 7:58 AM

Ya it did but the dude's ebay name is "slickrick" and he hasnt paid yet....ill shoot you an email if he fails to make payment

MICAH_HARPER 02-08-2013 11:55 AM

so is the Liquid Force Doum a good board or not...i am also looking at getting one

dejoeco 02-09-2013 7:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MICAH_HARPER (Post 1805680)
so is the Liquid Force Doum a good board or not...i am also looking at getting one

The Doum is the only Liquid Force board that I would consider if you are leaning that way.

WakeDirt 02-09-2013 4:22 PM

Ol' Slickrick hasnt replied!
I would rather not even bother with doing a "non payment claim" through ebay... you still interested Stotts?

stotts12 02-09-2013 4:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WakeDirt (Post 1805801)
Ol' Slickrick hasnt replied!
I would rather not even bother with doing a "non payment claim" through ebay... you still interested Stotts?

ya i just sent you a email how do you want to deal with payment

WakeDirt 02-12-2013 8:16 PM

-Got the piscus back on classifieds and ebay if anyone is interested or know somebody who is ready to shred one of these rare skims. May be willing to trade toward boat-like-garb....Boards, ballsat bags, stereo stuff....hit me up if interested!
-Board is the 3 find model, you can remove the 3 fins and make it the "pro" model.