WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through January 18, 2008 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=537823)
-   -   randall harris (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534136)

zink 01-11-2008 12:51 PM

why was he out of wakeboarding

dadthedriver 01-11-2008 12:55 PM

Needed to get his priorities straight

marvin 01-11-2008 1:17 PM

Don't we all

zink 01-11-2008 1:24 PM

I seen him in High Wake Drifters. he looked about 15,how old is he now?

andy_nintzel 01-11-2008 1:44 PM

hoosairboy 01-11-2008 1:59 PM

wow, 15. It would be interesting to see the differences between the guys who got big pretty young and those who were older before they got a name. I have no empirical data but it seems the ones who got big later are better equipped to handle it with better life skills. Zane, Murray come to mind. There is a pretty big list of those who didn't but I don't want to mention names. <BR> <BR>In the long run I bet it is better to not get a big name at a young age. Maybe parents would better serve their kids with that in mind.

deltaridah 01-11-2008 2:00 PM

hey thats the truth sometimes u need to look ur self in the mirror. I saw him at the faction premier he seemed super chill and laid back. i saw him on u tube in a christ for wakeboarding and i usually see him wearing a cross. that may be part of it. I say great for him.

ttrigo 01-11-2008 2:28 PM

there was a great article in Alliance mag about him a few months back. he touches a bit on why he left, and why he came back. it seems that religion is a big part of his life now. I dont care what brought him back. I am just glad he is back behind the boat again. <BR> I think the Standerd is featuring him in their next issue. (I think they are. dont quote me on that)

andy_nintzel 01-11-2008 2:51 PM

the road is hard on the young guns, I have seen it first hand. Constant Party is tought to handle.

stephan 01-11-2008 3:53 PM

Pretty sure Murray was 17-18 when he signed with Hyperlite. Same with Zane, he was a show skier in his late teens when he picked up Connelly's skiboard. <BR> <BR>As for Randall, he just got caught up in a lifestyle that doesn't let go. Tangled with the wrong folks and got hooked on the wrong stuff. Now he's a believer and chillin with God, big upgrade.

01-11-2008 5:03 PM

on transgression in his interview he talks alot about what happened and why he stopped. im not exactly sure about what had happened cause i cant really remember some stuff he said but yea pretty much what big heavy said... vandall is the best wakeboarder ever, he is definetly my favorite.

bhog 01-11-2008 5:38 PM

When the pros came to Fort Worth I got to see him ride. He came out to Wakeboard Church we have on thursday nights. After we ride, we tie up and do a devotional. Gator lead the devotional that night. Those guys are super cool. Videos dont show how big THE VANDALL Goes. It is unreal!!!! I hope nothing but good things for those guys.

liquidmalibu 01-12-2008 6:54 AM

The last trick vandall pulls on trangression is killer! <BR>i was expecting something huge, but its just a massive poked out grab (boarderline glide) ... poetic ending to a rad section

01-12-2008 7:38 AM

yea his part in transgression was the best ive seen

andy_nintzel 01-12-2008 9:14 AM

he loves doing moves that look simple but are actually hard than most nines.

michelelef 01-12-2008 4:23 PM

In New Jersey at our wakefest he was able to come out and ride...unbelievable!! Then afterward we had a Transgression Premier with Ronn Seidenglanz from Sidewayz. Aside from being an incredible rider, Randall was amazing to talk to. Sick video if you haven't seen it!

01-12-2008 4:25 PM

yea for sure. <BR> <BR>and i read somewhere that he tried a wrapped toeside backside 7 for the first time and pretty much stuck it but he lost the handle as he landed.

zink 01-12-2008 5:51 PM

whats the difference between best wakeboarder(BONECRUSHER) and best wake rider(THE VANDALL)who's the MAN?

brhanley 01-12-2008 6:20 PM

Rusty = best at everything on a wakeboard when considered in totality (contests, jibs, rails, freeride, video, etc.); Randall = best at wakeriding, not necessarily contests, rails, etc.

lachie_mew 01-12-2008 8:36 PM

i heard somewhere that he stopped because of drugs or something