WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Problem with Wetsound Rev 410 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799306)

h20king 07-27-2013 5:59 PM

Problem with Wetsound Rev 410

Looking for some help. One of my Rev 410's took a dump on me. Both drivers work but no horn. I got in touch with wetsounds and they sent me a new horn with the quickness. I installed it today and still no horn so I guess that rules that out. Could it be the crossover?? or should I be looking elsewhere?? need to get it fixed soon as we take off for Shasta in 2 1/2 weeks

h20king 07-28-2013 10:38 AM

Tim, Dave, anybody ??

david_e_m 07-28-2013 3:19 PM

Harold,
It's narrowed down at this point. If the two midbass drivers are functional then the input to the passive criossover is fine up to that point. If the tweeter diaphram was changed out but the tweeter still does not operate then the issue would appear to be within the speaker's passive crossover board. It could be a series capacitor within the passive highpass filter or a cold solder joint at one of the board components or tweeter output terminals. The tweeter crossover frequency and slope would be changed if a parallel crossover component was out or disconnected, but the tweeter would still play. So again, knowing how all the elements work, you have already narrowed the issue down considerably to just a couple of possible culprits.
If you could identify the filter schematic on the crossover board then it is very simple to jumper around various series highpass crossover components and contact points with a fullrange speaker in order to isolate the issue. That is a lot to ask someone to do in the field. However, this is exactly the next step that your dealer or manufacturer would take if the product was in their possesion.
A field repair by the consumer is rare. Normally you would immediately return the product to your dealer so that they could do all this for you. But if you are in a rush and do not have time for the round trip then you can change out the passive crossover board in the field. It's a job to replace the tweeter diaphram. Changing out the crossover board really isn't any more difficult. Just label the input/output leads and corresponding terminals before removal.
Either Odin at Earmark or the Wetsounds staff can walk you through exactly what to do if you do not want to ship the speaker.
Both are in Texas so they have an early start on you tomorrow morning.

David

h20king 07-28-2013 4:57 PM

Cool that's what I thought ill get a new crossover board on the way tomorrow. Not a big deal doing the repair myself. I had them apart when I fist got them to install LED rings and a Neutric connector

wetsounds1 07-29-2013 7:47 AM

call rob this morning, 877-938-7757. He can get you a new crossover. David is right. If you swapped the driver and still doesn't play but mid bass do. A part on the crossover go popped or came un soldered. To swap the crossover, get a very small phillips screw driver. I use the ones called finger screw drivers. (it is just a little wheel with a place to put tips in) As it is very tight in there to put the crossover in once the housing is all assembled. But with a small screw driver, should not take you more than 5 to 10 min to swap. Take some pics of the old one and send them to rob as well so i can go over them and keep a log.

Tim
Wet Sounds

h20king 07-29-2013 8:58 AM

Thanks Tim I sent Rob an e mail before i left for work

h20king 08-03-2013 2:56 PM

Big thanks to Tim and Rob at wetsounds. They shipped me a crossover with the quickness. Got it installed today and the problem is fixed. Old horn is still good as well. Great company that's stands behind their product and has excellent customer service.