WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ibex vs Bill vs Harley (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791222)

zj152 12-23-2011 9:16 AM

Ibex vs Bill vs Harley

I'm getting a new board and I'm torn between a couple models. I rode my buddy's Ibex and loved it. I also was interested in the Ronix Bill and the Liquid force Harley. I was wondering if anyone could give me there opinion on the Bill or the Harley. I don't know anyone who has personally ridden either but they look to be getting good reviews online.

Thanks

TheHebrewHammer 12-23-2011 1:30 PM

I haven't ridden the other two, but I love my LF Harley. It's very loose, which I love, but it still holds a killer edge. It's hella stiff with LF's Carbon-X, so it probably wouldn't be fun on rails, but it's sick behind the boat. It has a ton of speed, especially for a 3-stage board, and the pop is almost unbeatable. My buddy rides an Ibex, and he says the Harley is a lot faster.

It's just a very user-friendly board. I've put a lot of beginners on it, and they feel comfortable right away. It's very forgiving on sketchy landings. It's not gonna catch and slam you on your face. Carving and slayshing is a blast on the Harley. It turns and transitions form edge to edge very smoothly and naturally. The Harley just plain works. Unless you're the type that likes to be locked in on the water or loves flex, you'll almost certainly fall in love with this board.

Mine's for sale if you're interested. It's a 135.

zj152 12-23-2011 9:27 PM

Thanks for the information. I would have been interested if it was a 139 for sure.

moto96s 12-24-2011 2:30 PM

Here is another vote for the Harley. I just bought one after demoing it for a few days. It locks and edges when I want it too, and yet I can slip and slide it around as needed. The pop seems excellent to me, and it is a really fun board overall.
Moto 96s

TBell 12-31-2011 12:42 PM

The Ibex and the Bill are both really fun, aggressive and poppy boards. However the old Ibex model isn't being made anymore. Next year it's changed to the Parks, and has much less rocker, is a faster board, and really different compared to any or Park's boards in the past. It'll still be a stellar board though and will deliver a super fun ride.

logan 12-31-2011 1:21 PM

Buy Ronix, I can't stand LF after what they did to company, if you liked the Ibex then get it. Maybe check out the one as well? I used to ride a one and loved it but switched to Slingshot. Supports a company that cares about the sports progression, buy Ronix. Actually buy anything that isn't liquid force.

Ttime41 12-31-2011 1:53 PM

Chances are if he loved the Ibex he wont be a huge fan of the One. Ibex a very fast board compared to the One which is relatively slow but has huge pop. Anyways, all 3 boards are awesome. I would demo them all if you can and see which one suits your riding style.

zj152 01-02-2012 11:02 AM

Thanks for all the info guys. I'm going to try to get my hands on the Bill this week. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

ryanw209 01-04-2012 1:46 PM

I've got a 2012 Harley 143 for sale in the classifieds if your interested.