WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Which New Board would compare to Liquid Force Axis (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795182)

davez71 08-23-2012 9:14 AM

Which New Board would compare to Liquid Force Axis

I have been having a Liquid force Axis 139 for the past 4 years and i love the board. It gives me great pop and is smooth on landings. I like the fact that the fins are molded into the board.

Anyways, I have been thinking about getting a new board however Im unsure which board in the Liquid Force lineup is similiar to this board. I would like to have molded fins which is why I was leaning toward the PS4 but I havent ridden one.

Anyone have reviews on this board or think of one that is Similiar to my current Axis?

Thanks for the help

08-23-2012 9:27 AM

Don't, I repeat, don't get the S4.

I'm in the same boat as you. Still ride the Axis, actually bought a new one last year on eBay since they don't make them anymore. Been riding one since it came out in 07 or whenever. Anyway, we don't have a shop to demo from in my area anymore and I bought an S4 on a whim thinking I should switch to something new. I HATE it. Tried to adapt to it for about a month last season and it was not worth it. Ended up just going back to my Axis and bought a new one.

Unfortunately I don't have any other recommendations, but am interested to hear if anyone else has any feedback on this. It'd be nice to ride a board they actually still make. You could always go the eBay route too, there are still quite a few new Axis on there.

davez71 08-23-2012 9:31 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Im in the same position. The House has a Black One for like 189.99 which is great i think i might jump on it. But like you said a new board would be great.

wakedaveup 08-23-2012 10:19 AM

I think your best bet is the PS3 the only difference is that the Axis has an additional 2 molded fins so a total of 4 at both tip and tail. The PS3 only has 2 molded fins at the tip and tail. The rocker is also more of a hybrid while the Axis is a true 3 stage rocker. As far as the belly of the board and chanels, it appears to be very similar to the Axis. Plus, I used to ride the PS3 back in the day and always loved it. I actually bought it for the GF because it had a white and pink top deck but I ended up almost riding it more than her because I loved it. Then I switched to the Shane and never looked back. It just fit my style of riding. Really can't go wrong with a PS3 or if you want to try something different go with a Watson. It's probably the most well liked and popular board from LF

JohnnyDefacto 08-23-2012 10:56 AM

I ride the LF witness 140 (never ridden the axis though), ridden the shane and lyman before I bought the witness. Fast and soft landings, 2 molded fins (not as loose as the lyman) and has really great pop. I am excited to see the 2013 witness graphic and will either be buying the 2012 or 2013 witness for next year. I was told that the shape did not change for 2013.

worth a try imo. I knew it was the board for me on my first topside jump, as opposed to the other boards I tried that I needed a second set to start to get used to.

08-23-2012 11:07 AM

The S4 and PS3 are both Soven's boards. I'd assume they're really similar. So, based on my experience, I wouldn't buy that one either

ryanw209 08-23-2012 11:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I would check out the Watson Classic. Molded fins with an aggressive 3 stage rocker. I rode the Witness for a few years and loved it. I switched to the watson classic this year and love it also but I wouldn't hesitate to get back on a witness tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the Classic is being discontinued for next year so if you want one pick it up now.

Johnny here is the 2013 witness graphic. Much better than 2012 if you ask me.

stang_killa_ss 08-23-2012 12:51 PM

watson is a great board.

JohnnyDefacto 08-23-2012 12:55 PM

Ryan, thanks. I agree, looks dope

theloungelife 08-23-2012 9:43 PM

Not trying to Hijack this thread, but i also have a question about an older LF board. I'm currently riding the substance and thinking about getting something new. What do you guys think would compare to it best? New watson? Anything from other brands?

Thanks

cboom12 08-23-2012 9:58 PM

Substance is watsons old pro model so I'd say try the new Watson. I have the classic and IMO it is really similar to the substance. The main difference I felt was the sub is slightly looser.

e_rock32 08-23-2012 11:34 PM

I have the Axis and it's a good board, but I ride the Watson Hybrid now and I like it much better. The Watson Hybrid lands softer, is stronger, and is as responsive as the Axis, but its not as grippy. It's the best board to do everything and I love it. The new Bob board is looking good too.

I've also rode the S4 and liked it better then the Axis when I tried it out, fast response, softer landings. Watson classic is a really fun board too, a little slower response but super smooth. Didn't like the Witness when I rode it, not grippy enough for me, although the center fin was missing.

kristian 08-24-2012 12:29 AM

Going to throw a different one out there...... 2011/2012 Ronix Mana.... might have more of that feel you're looking for.

But to be honest, you're only going to know by demoing. Henshaw rode the watson classic behind the boat after his axis was discontinued.... what does that mean? I don't know. (Personally found the watson classic way slower than the axis.) Now he rides his park board.

Sticking with LF..... take a look at the trip.