WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Supra floor panel raising up issue (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780412)

dudeman 06-09-2010 6:01 AM

Supra floor panel raising up issue

8 Attachment(s)
'06 21v. Had the hull replaced about 2 years ago and when I got the boat back, the front floor panel by the drivers seat was slightly higher than the center panel. The center and rear panels are flush with each other. My wife noticed this past weekend that it is considerably higher now, maybe 1/4-1/2" above the center panel. I know it needs to be removed and looked at, but was wondering if this has happened to any other Supra owners. Pics attached although you may not be able to tell much. Thanks.

joesell 06-09-2010 6:13 AM

They replaced you hull? I've never heard of a repair like that. I know that those panels cover you fuel tank. I wonder if the screws are loose on that side?

dudeman 06-09-2010 6:25 AM

They replaced the lower hull because I was getting a lot of weird gelcoat cracks on the bottom of the hull that they couldn't explain or figure out. How hard is it to pull the panels?

trace 06-09-2010 6:30 AM

Can you post a couple more pics? LOL

It looks to me like the panel over the gas tank is just sagging a bit. Lay a straightedge across it and look for gaps.

I'm interested in hearing about the hull replacement too. I can't see how a boat wouldn't be totaled in such a case.

dudeman 06-09-2010 6:41 AM

I've checked and I don't see any gaps. I know it's hard to tell from the pics, but the front panel is definitely bowed up. Not sure why they decided to replace the hull. It was totally Skiers Choice decision. Not one instance of gelcoat crack on the hull since it's been replaced. They were awesome since it was an inconvenience for me. Replaced all the carpet, new dripless seal, extra swim platform, and extra prop. Can't beat that.

ian_ashton 06-09-2010 6:49 AM

I think that panel is AL plate held down with screws, I'd make sure that all the screws are tight, and maybe even pull the panel out and see if its just bent.

joesell 06-09-2010 7:26 AM

The screw are in the corners. Just feel around with your screw driver. you'll find them. Use a #3 phillips.

ttuclint 06-09-2010 7:39 AM

cannot quite see what is happening, need some more pics to look at.

dudeman 06-09-2010 7:51 AM

Hard to get a good pic with your face smashed against the carpet. Especially when you have a head the size of mine.

brainrinse 06-09-2010 9:16 AM

As mentioned above there are screws in the corners. You should try tightening them down first, but on mine the area that the screws bite into was stripped out and had to be filled & drilled.

tracktor 06-09-2010 10:40 AM

In my boat my center ballast bag pushed on one panel when it gets too full and has caused a bit of mismatch in the floor panels..............

dudeman 06-09-2010 10:45 AM

Thought about that Tracktor, but the bag in the Supra doesn't extend underneath this floor panel.

dudeman 06-09-2010 6:59 PM

So just how many screws are there supposed to be. I started to pull the rear panel in the pics. On the starboard side, the rear and middle screw were there, but the forward screw was missing. On the port side, the forward and rear screw were there, but no middle screw. I couldn't find any screws going from port to starboard, but the panel still won't come up. Could be stuck, but I don't want to pry to much and cause damage if I missed something.

dudeman 06-14-2010 7:45 AM

I finally got the center floor panel removed. There is what appears to be a support beam forward of the fuel tank that supports the forward floor. There is adhesive that was put down between the beam and floor panel with a single screw going thru the floor to secure it to the beam. Unfortunately the screw missed the support, the adhesive expanded and caused the bow in the floor. Stuff is rock hard. It will take a chisel or sawsall to remove it, then reseal it and put the screw in the right location.