WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   2014 GMC Sierra/Silverado...my next new truck...? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796471)

NotSure123 12-20-2012 7:02 PM

2014 GMC Sierra/Silverado...my next new truck...?

5 Attachment(s)
Hot off the griddle, what do you guys think of them!? No engine power or MPG #'s released yet but it looks like they have done some great improvements, especially to the engines including all 3 options for the 1500. I love many of the new features but a little unsure about how I feel on few! (interior is a little funky) My '99 1500 has done everything I've ever asked of it, but with 248k he's getting a litttttle tired of all my beatings tuggin my boat up and down the hills to the lakes. All you Ford guys please play nice haha...

Thinking I like the GMC look better...but need to see both in person...

More info; http://www.gmc.com/2014-gmc-sierra-pickup-truck.html

King12 12-20-2012 7:13 PM

being a ford guy, I think the gmc looks sweet. Something about the chevy im not too fond off, the rood seems chopped, and just really low with the high other body panels , but that maybe the angle. Def digging the gmc styling though

majestic 12-20-2012 7:47 PM

Just doesn't seem that far off from the current version and I own a 07. What can't they center the XM antenna?

cboom12 12-20-2012 8:23 PM

^^^^ This. I really expected a much bigger change. And the first rumors about the motors are underwhelming to say the least. IMHO the GMC looks good but ive always prefered the GMC. Who knows, pics might not do the trucks justice which is often the case.

ilikebeaverandboats 12-20-2012 8:28 PM

Curious what the new dmax, if its a new motor, will be putting to the wheels.... Truck looks nice, would look better with a lift and at least some 35's :) gotta fill those big fenders haha.

The first picture of the red one, was that a different cab configuration from the black truck? That red one looks like the Ram 1500's with the super small "quad cab" interior....super small back doors....dont get me started on how much I hate the way the Ram 1500 looks.....

polarbill 12-20-2012 9:33 PM

The F150 and Ram 1500 both look much better than either of those.

Bamabonners 12-20-2012 9:35 PM

The headlights are hideous and the interior is FUGLY!

durty_curt 12-20-2012 10:06 PM

I pray to Allah that the 2500HD & 3500HD don't look as hideous..

ilikebeaverandboats 12-20-2012 10:53 PM

Ford ftw :)

shelby 12-21-2012 3:48 AM

I always supported the big three auto makers in the past but now that 70% of the GM cars are built in China Im haveing a hard time pushing them, I guess they will have to change the Chevy slogan to the Heart Beat Of China!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tyler97217 12-21-2012 6:47 AM

I really like the look of the GMC Sierra pictured above. Hope they have some better gas engine options cause I think they are getting their a$$es kicked by ford, dodge, tundra, titan when it comes to towing power on their base V8's.

srock 12-21-2012 6:57 AM

I think the styling sucks. The square wheel openings and the popped out fenders just don't do it. Bigger sneakers would help. To me the interior and especially the center stack is absolutely awful. I expected something more for an updated model.

22vdrive 12-21-2012 11:08 AM

That gmc. Profile picture looks like a tundra.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

NotSure123 12-21-2012 6:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majestic (Post 1799424)
Just doesn't seem that far off from the current version and I own a 07. What can't they center the XM antenna?

haha yaaa the Silverado doesn't look much different, and ya what the heck is the deal w/that antenna!? Why not at least center it up!?

NotSure123 12-21-2012 6:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats (Post 1799426)
Curious what the new dmax, if its a new motor, will be putting to the wheels.... Truck looks nice, would look better with a lift and at least some 35's :) gotta fill those big fenders haha.

The first picture of the red one, was that a different cab configuration from the black truck? That red one looks like the Ram 1500's with the super small "quad cab" interior....super small back doors....dont get me started on how much I hate the way the Ram 1500 looks.....

I hear ya, I've been wanting to make the swap over to diesel it'll be interesting to see what if any differences the 2500 may have. The red truck is an extended cab, the rear doors no longer open up suicide style so that's why it's throwing you off. The black truck is a crew cab, the only way to go in my opinion

kstateskier 12-21-2012 9:08 PM

That truck looks horrible! The interior looks like a mid 90s Pontiac. GM is just not keeping up. I think they may have sent their truck designers to work for Buick. Trucks used to be the only thing they could do, but now the Buick vehicles look pretty decent and the trucks have gone to the dogs. I know everyone has their own opinion, but I can't imagine anyone that thinks the interior of that thing looks nice than an F150. I like how everyone thinks they need an LED array in their headlight cluster these days. Leave it to Audi, they are the only ones that do it right.

antoddio 12-21-2012 9:13 PM

Yikes...at first glance the interior and exterior hurt the eyes. Yeesh. I'm usually pretty open minded too.

ilikebeaverandboats 12-21-2012 9:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotSure123 (Post 1799552)
I hear ya, I've been wanting to make the swap over to diesel it'll be interesting to see what if any differences the 2500 may have. The red truck is an extended cab, the rear doors no longer open up suicide style so that's why it's throwing you off. The black truck is a crew cab, the only way to go in my opinion

Diesel is awesome, cant say it enough! With that said, I dont mind the chevy, regular doors are nice for an extended cab. For a truck to haul a boat, extra room is always welcome. Regularly squeeze an extra person or 2 into my 2002 Crew cab superduty on lake outtings.

I havent been in the loop as far as the newer Dmax motors go, any word on how they have been performing? Did they pump out a new motor around the same time Ford went in house with the 6.7 Powerstroke?

King12 12-21-2012 9:46 PM

i think the GMC lights are about 10x better than the chevys. I also dislike chrome though and that silvys got a lot. I do think the front end of the gmc looks good. liking the interior less and less. but truck interiors arent amazing.

King12 12-21-2012 9:47 PM

and as of engine options seems pretty much the same, 6.2 for anything serious or a v6. I have no interest in a 5.3, saw an owner be flat ashamed of his when we went on the beach with it.

bspot5 12-23-2012 4:45 PM

the 4.3, 5.3 and 6.2 will be all new engines.

NotSure123 12-23-2012 5:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bspot5 (Post 1799711)
the 4.3, 5.3 and 6.2 will be all new engines.

Right, It's going to be a big misconception now where it looks as though nothing changed, they should have rounded different to change the displacement a tad either direction just to get different #'s....haha

bbeach 12-25-2012 4:57 PM

Why do they sit so low stock? Interior is weak sauce.

King12 12-25-2012 10:47 PM

ah i see im not up to dat enough on my gm knowledge, thats good then I do think they should have gone for different numbers. I know a lot of people see the same number and consider it the same engine, thus deeming that the engine that plagued them 10 years or so ago so its still a no go. Glad they redid there stuff tho, always room for new technology. That interior is weak though.

srock 12-26-2012 8:26 AM

Good thing they are offering the new truck with a light duty duramax. That is the only thing that may sell these ugly 1/2 tons.