WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   Which roll or flip is first? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88042)

1lowe 11-06-2003 6:47 AM

Hi, I'm Angus, I want to get my first invert pretty soon, but I seemed to have tried every invert and I can't get to grips with any of them. Which one should I try and stick with to get off first?

wakeboard_iraq 11-06-2003 8:05 AM

I'd love to see what people tell you to do. I have had no luck with inverts and I have tried a backroll about 100 times and have no problem with landing on the board, I just slip out or catch an edge every single time. My tantrum, on the other hand, I just cant get the rotation to get all of the way around. <BR>I hope people give you some good advice - I'll be listening too.

jarrod 11-06-2003 9:16 AM

The tantrum is the easiest I think. Rolls usually require that you keep rope tension constantly through the trick, because it helps you rotate. With the tantrum, it seems like you don't have to worry about this as much. Plus, I personally don't think the Tantrum has the edge-catching potential that rolls have if you come up short.

thane_dogg 11-06-2003 9:22 AM

Jim - keep trying those rolls. I was the same way with mine. I don't think I tried 100 but I tried quite a few. <BR> <BR>My first invert is/was a hs backroll. It's a very natural rotation. Just point the nose of your board to the sky and ride it all the way around. You have to have a establish a good progressive edge before you try this trick. overrotating is much less painful than coming up short, so don't be afraid to be agressive with it.

aaronlee13 11-06-2003 9:43 AM

You can also go get the video Higher Education and the do a great job on form and what to do on trying the tricks... Very informational!

maverick_gear 11-06-2003 10:28 AM

try whatever your body naturally <BR>get on a tramp and let it fly <BR>my body automatically does a front flip..

11-17-2003 12:12 PM

yeah i landed the backroll first i tried it maybe a million times, try pulling in the handel at the last minute befroe you land to stick the landing

03-23-2004 3:16 PM

i Dont get it what is the differance between a back roll and a tantrum?

tparider 03-24-2004 10:45 AM

a backroll is like a back cartwheel and a tantrum is a backflip like on a trampoline. <BR> <BR>

03-24-2004 12:21 PM

A backroll is actually more like a forward somersault than a cartwheel. The reason it is called a backroll is because people are too lazy to use the real name, "heelside backside roll." So a back roll is like a forward somersault while traveling backward, and a tantrum is like a heelside back flip, where your feet go directly over your head. <BR> <BR>westcoastcamps.com

ridn9high 03-24-2004 1:14 PM

Remember keep your eyes OPEN so you can spot your landing. When I first started throwing inverts I had a problem with that. <BR> <BR>

deepstructure 03-24-2004 2:33 PM

isn't the forward sommersault version of the backroll called the mexican backroll specifically to separate it from a standard hs backroll? i've seen both and they look quite different. the standard backroll definitely looks more like a reverse cartwheel than a hs front (backside) roll.

tparider 03-24-2004 8:26 PM

yes Chris, you're right on that. Mike Buckle is thinking of the mexican roll.