WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Where is Bryan Hutton? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793968)

fgcuwake 06-17-2012 9:16 AM

Where is Bryan Hutton?

What happened to this guy? Seems like he fell off the earth

superair502 06-17-2012 8:02 PM

He still rides alot but has moved on to a more traditional career. Still one of the most talented riders out there but he had his degree and decided to use it. I can honestly say even tho he is one of my good friends that he is one if the most talented riders I have ever seen and that includes alot of the other big name guys on the tour. I always wondered why cwb didn't have him as their marquee guy. But yea he still shreds. Like first hit on the wake toe 9 shreds

wakerider111 06-17-2012 10:30 PM

This makes me think of Greg Necrason... what about him? he is possibly the only Co. affiliate that i have not heard about since the fall-out.

Readyaimfire 06-18-2012 1:20 AM

Necrason is easily in his mid to late 30's. Probably just winding down his pro career.

superair502 06-18-2012 3:57 AM

Yea Hutton is 25 and was top 10 in the tour when he quit a little different situation, although I do miss the early 2000s necrason video parts

fgcuwake 06-18-2012 1:44 PM

Cool, good info! you should tell him to do a vid update!

Readyaimfire 06-18-2012 11:58 PM

Necrasons giant Elephants into the flats were bad ass in his day.

hutton 06-19-2012 5:38 AM

Yeah I had some sponsorship problems back in 09/10 when I had my best year. I made it to the finals a few times and really beat some big names. Finished 9th overall in king of wake. My main sponsor told me that they wanted to invest in their younger riders(through a text message) and that I could ride for free. Seems like it was in the air because shortly after that it was pretty clear that all my other sponsors followed suite. I still ride and I have an axis A22 now, and I work an 8-5 job now using my college degree. I was a bit shocked at my sponsors decision when I had done so well on tour. It is what is I guess. Wakeboarding has changed for me now I am not training for a competition every week. I actually can have fun and not worry if I practiced my contest pass enough or what boat is pulling the event. I am just chillen and riding now for Hyperlite under J Baker, and riding the JD webb pro model. The system bindings are the shizzz nit and so is Jd's board.

jarrod 06-19-2012 8:34 AM

Hey Bryan, glad to hear you are doing well. We miss you at SpringRide.

Crazy things happen sometimes for reasons unknown. Kyle Alberts won rookie of the year and then Hyperlite decided to alter his agreement as well (from what I understand). The next year he was on a gator.

guido 06-19-2012 12:10 PM

Hutty..... Glad to you see you doing well, buddy. Take care.

TheHebrewHammer 06-19-2012 1:30 PM

Bryan, I miss watching you kill it in videos. I know you're trying to enjoy yourself, but if you put out an edit, you can bet I'll have it on repeat. Happy shredding!

Readyaimfire 06-19-2012 3:27 PM

Its a shame companies aren't loyal anymore. In the beginning of the industry guys with half of huttons talent made a living riding. Nowadays the talent pool is much larger and these companies seem to pick riders more based on how they fit in to the company image it seems. Good luck in your new career Bryan, but I selfishly hope u change your mind and give it one more go!

fgcuwake 06-19-2012 3:38 PM

+1 for a new edit Bryan, you kill it and im sure you still are with a new outlook on it!

TheHebrewHammer 06-19-2012 4:33 PM

Lately, I've been envisioning a future for myself in which there is no "life after wakeboarding." Maybe that's a little unrealistic. Maybe I'll have to get a "real" job and post up behind a desk somewhere. I just hope I can do it with my head held high and with class, like Bryan.

mckenna 06-19-2012 6:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Readyaimfire (Post 1761137)
Its a shame companies aren't loyal anymore. In the beginning of the industry guys with half of huttons talent made a living riding. Nowadays the talent pool is much larger and these companies seem to pick riders more based on how they fit in to the company image it seems. Good luck in your new career Bryan, but I selfishly hope u change your mind and give it one more go!

Plenty of loyalty in the industry
Watson Shane grubb Murray are prime examples

Readyaimfire 06-19-2012 8:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckenna (Post 1761202)
Plenty of loyalty in the industry
Watson Shane grubb Murray are prime examples

I agree, But those guys are all OG's of the sport. They made those companies what they are. Those riders established there own personal brand in an era with far less pro quality riders. I'm talking about new up and coming riders like hutton. The scene is much larger now as compared to the original pack of pros. There's alot more riders for these companies to choose from. Thats all I'm saying.

hutton 06-20-2012 6:25 AM

Yes that is true there are a lot of riders out there. I feel like my short coming was my timing of the economy. When I was riding well in comps the economy was going into a resession. Companies didn't want to expand their expenses they were trying to shrink them, and I was trying to get paying contracts that weren't there. Companies had to hold on to their OG's like Murray, shane, Grubb etc cuz they were basicly the reason why wakeboarding is what it is today. As a company it was an easy decision to make, they were the money makers and they could risk letting them go. I understand that and had to except it, so it is what it is. I had tons of fun riding the tour and riding againts the guys I looked up to growing up, and acutally beating most of them a time or two. I lived my dream and accomplished more than I ever thought I could in the sport. I am no way out of the sport and will always continue to push it in different ways. Wakeboarding is in my blood and I can never get out of it. Here I am at work typing this up. I think about it all the time. I will put an edit up on WW here in a few weeks. I will try and get someone to film me up here from a chase boat. I really appreciate all your guys support, it wasn't an easy transition but necessary one. I miss you all out at spring ride too, you all put on one hell of an event. I want to make it out there again, shooting for next year. I have never been more inspired to ride and never complained about pain or a hard trick after watching Billy ride. Dude is a walking inspiration.

wakedad33 06-20-2012 8:32 AM

B-Hutt, well said buddy. I just watched your section in Hi Light last week. Glad to hear your using your college education and riding for the stoke and fun now. Good luck with your career.

stephan 06-20-2012 10:16 AM

Bryan, well said man. Its good to see an insider of the industry telling it like it is. The sport puts on such a face of "all good, all the time" with nothing but parties, ladies and good times. Not saying those things aren't a huge part of wakeboarding, but when it comes to making a living those things don't do anything for you.

There are a lot of kids that think they will just be a good rider and live off the fat of the land. Reality is that there is much more to a career in the wake industry than just riding skills. Having that degree has allowed you to still ride, enjoy the sport and have the tools to provide for years and years. Keep it up and I look forward to seeing those video parts, your riding always impresses.

andy_nintzel 06-20-2012 10:17 AM

That Hi Light Section is AMAZING. I feel you man! Glad to hear you got a good head on your shoulders. Keep Shredding.

TheHebrewHammer 06-20-2012 10:32 AM

Hey Bryan, I just got my new XH-A1 and I would be honored to shoot for you, so if you don't have anyone handy, let me know!

hutton 06-20-2012 11:06 AM

Hey Randy how you been man? How is Alex doing? Thanks for the props on the section. Wakeboarding is totaly different for me now and I love the new feeling. I do want to ride in Nationals this year. I will be fun to see all the boys again, and ride in a contest with out the pressures of impressing sponsors or stressing about my ranking. Also to get behind the new G23, I have heard great things.

unclejessie 06-20-2012 12:10 PM

Hey B-Hutt,

Your are doing it right man, stay focused on the path you are on and enjoy wakeboarding as a hobby vs. relying on it for an income!

I am sad to report the wake scene in Sac-Town is alot different since you were last out here visiting. None of the old C-Dub Sac area crew really gets out anymore... jobs, family, getting older, etc, etc. Honestly, it's kind of depressing, but its life. Norton and I are still holding it down though, trying to progress our riding. I'll get that crow mobe someday! If you come out and visit Norcal, let's try to get out and ride.

-Mark

hutton 06-20-2012 1:55 PM

MARK! whats up brotha man. Glad to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the Sac- town crew, but yes life happens. I will let you know when I come out there so we can shred.

wakedad33 06-20-2012 4:48 PM

I've been well Bryan, just working and snapping photos. Alex is good, not riding much any more since he was bitten by the whitewater kayak bug. He's in Peru right now climbing in the Andes for the summer and will finish up at Oregon State in the fall. Have fun at Nationals and I'll be looking for a new edit when you can post one up, tell your parents I said hi.

Late...