WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Anyone use Fresh Air Exhaust? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787116)

jdhart73 04-24-2011 1:22 PM

Anyone use Fresh Air Exhaust?

Anyone use Fresh Air Exhaust? I have never used it but makes sense when you read the site.
Just curious.

Jake

dreamer 04-24-2011 3:19 PM

I have it on my Centurion and I also had it on my Supra. I would highly recommend it. It keeps the exhaust noise down a little and you do not smell it when you wakesurf.

brewkettle 04-24-2011 3:23 PM

best ever for surfing , have it on my 2006 moomba xlv, super quiet exhaust and no Co fumes

jdhart73 04-24-2011 3:49 PM

As I transition to more surfing I think the addition of this is in my future. I dont care what it looks like!

scottymc261 04-24-2011 4:02 PM

Their claim that it quitens the motor by 50% is OFF, more like 75%!!!

jdhart73 04-24-2011 4:03 PM

Am I right in reading that they cost around $450 or so?

scottymc261 04-24-2011 4:05 PM

howabout "more quiet" LOL

lakesurfer 04-24-2011 4:37 PM

one of the best upgrades. Great for making surfing safe and it probably reduces the engine noise on my Centurion Avalanche by 75%. The only engine noise I hear are belts. I cant imagine not having it.

sangerjohn 04-24-2011 5:48 PM

I have it on my Sanger v215. Huge reduction in engine noise and the exhaust fumes. I got the polished FAE I think it looks better than the black. Some people have had problems with the black paint coming off over time. The polished finish is an extra charge but my FAE looks as good as new.

I would highly recommend the FAE.

jdhart73 04-24-2011 5:52 PM

Thanks John... what kind of premium for the polished if I may ask?

Jake

sangerjohn 04-24-2011 5:59 PM

I think it was $50.00 for the upgrade to polished.

jdhart73 04-24-2011 6:00 PM

$50 isn't bad!

gunz 04-24-2011 8:08 PM

I got one,custom built and powder coated not painted,makes it super quiet,and no more fumes.

niap101 04-26-2011 5:56 AM

The paint peeling issue has been frustrating but fortunately it only affected a small percentage of the FAE. We have been using an improved metal preparation process and believe we now have the peeling eliminated. Most of our customer's FAE looks as good (or poor) as the rest of their boat; clean and polish the same as the rest of the boat.
Fresh Air Exhaust

john211 04-26-2011 6:37 AM

I like the looks of mine. It's the best thing I've added to my boat.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...hlight=crooked

wakebrdjay 04-28-2011 7:23 AM

Love the FAE,but mine's one that's peeling and my boat DOES NOT look like my peeling FAE.Good thing though it is only peeling on the inside of the down pipe.

rallyart 04-29-2011 8:21 PM

Best stereo upgrade for the dollar ever. As an extra benefit my kids are more likely to listen to me and my wife has less of a headache. FAE should be a factory option. Mine was one of the first electro polished ones. Love it.
The downside is that you now are even more annoyed by those Corsa or Captains Call exhausts on the underpowered bowriders.

sangerjohn 04-30-2011 8:30 AM

Hi Jake

Here are some quick photos of the FAE on my 04 sanger v215.http://www.sangernation.com/index.ph...viewthread/15/

idaho_hillbilly 05-14-2011 11:56 PM

What are the FAE like when boating at full speed? What is the drag like when wakeboarding or waterskiing?

wakebrdjay 05-15-2011 5:53 AM

no drag,no backpressure,NO ENGINE NOISE,and no loss of mph,well ok you loose about 1mph.If you're worried about top mph you have the wrong type of boat to start with. Just search FAE on here and see how many negative comments you find compared to positive ones.

idaho_hillbilly 05-15-2011 8:00 AM

Jay T. Thanks for the info!

This looks like something that could be a DIY. Has there been any thread about making your own Fresh Air Exhaust? Sorry....I don't get on here much during the winter. :rolleyes:

johnboyy7 05-16-2011 7:40 AM

in interested in the DIY.

i would like to demo one. is that possible?

05-16-2011 8:26 AM

I sure hope that DIY stuff of the FAE dies a horrible death. Larry is one of the founding fathers of the sport and has spent countless hours developing the product. He sponsors events, developed one of the first sites on "how to wakesurf", has worked with the Coast Guard and other regulators to help insure the legality of our sport and safety of it's participants, argued with uniformed officals about the safety of our sport. Why would anyone want to steal his intellectual property? Please, show some respect for someone that has REALLY done a bunch for the sport and buy his product directly and if you are going to steal it, don't talk about. If you look at the price of an FAE, Larry's not making bank on those things.

johnboyy7 05-16-2011 11:33 AM

sorry i did not realize what he has done for us. i just like to make things and the challenge of it. thanks for sharing.

duffymahoney 05-16-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfdad (Post 1679115)
I sure hope that DIY stuff of the FAE dies a horrible death. Larry is one of the founding fathers of the sport and has spent countless hours developing the product. He sponsors events, developed one of the first sites on "how to wakesurf", has worked with the Coast Guard and other regulators to help insure the legality of our sport and safety of it's participants, argued with uniformed officals about the safety of our sport. Why would anyone want to steal his intellectual property? Please, show some respect for someone that has REALLY done a bunch for the sport and buy his product directly and if you are going to steal it, don't talk about. If you look at the price of an FAE, Larry's not making bank on those things.

X2! Larry is a great guy! His product is top notch and makes wakesurfing so so so much better.

chadgreg 05-16-2011 2:18 PM

I had one on my old boat 05' moomba LSV, worked great super quiet and cleaned up the fumes. I pulled it off my boat when I sold it, PM me if you are interested in buying it.. CHEAP!

cadunkle 05-16-2011 2:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfdad (Post 1679115)

Making a FAE is no different than making your own exhaust for your car. A lot of people don't have $700+ for an exhaust on their vehicle but they do have a welder and maybe a bender. "Stealing the idea" of FAE by making one yourself is the same concept as "stealing the idea" of some pipe and mufflers on a car. Perhaps Larry at FAE "stole the idea" of FAE from Mercruiser or OMC? They run exhaust underwater behind the boat and did it long before he did.

Personally, if I were to ever want a FAE I'd probably buy it from him, though I don't do a lot of surfing and I like the way my boat sounds, so I don't see one in my future. It's great that he supports our sport and that would certainly factor into a decision. There are a lot of people into watersports who don't have money for a fancy new boat, do all their maintenance and repairs themself, and the choice for them wouldn't be buy a FAE from Larry or make their own but rather make their own or surf with no FAE. For these folks, the majority of the DIY crowd, there are no lost sales for Larry.

jdhart73 05-16-2011 8:21 PM

Well I bought one....its sitting in the garage waiting until I take the boat to the slip to install!

idaho_hillbilly 05-16-2011 11:03 PM

Oh boy! I didn't mean to step in the "intellectual property" pile. I'm also involved with Jeeps and snowmobiles and DIY is pretty commons, I didn't think it would be different in v-drive boats....sorry about that.

TBP....you have a PM.

gunz 05-17-2011 8:32 PM

The DIY is VERY possible

;)

mark197 05-18-2011 7:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadgreg (Post 1679199)
I had one on my old boat 05' moomba LSV, worked great super quiet and cleaned up the fumes. I pulled it off my boat when I sold it, PM me if you are interested in buying it.. CHEAP!

PM me a price I am very interested.

Thanks

johnboyy7 06-21-2011 7:34 AM

well i got a FAE. first i would like to say that larry is very easy and nice to work with.

the sounds difference is very noticably quieter. the surf wave did not seem to be affected at all.

tonyv420 06-21-2011 8:34 AM

there is no way your gonna make one for cheaper then FAE will sell you one, that is matched quality. I bought mine for 375.00 thats pretty cheap for a boat part LOL

neilspen 06-22-2011 10:19 AM

Does anyone know of a group buy going on right now? Thanks