WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   One of my friends decided to blow up my boat this weekend... (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781304)

j13jjs 07-06-2010 5:16 AM

One of my friends decided to blow up my boat this weekend...

Luckily he was not successful. We were having a little 4th of July party on the dock and had done a few joyrides around our cove with friends.

As it started to get more crowded I docked the boat and started focusing on more important things like bratwurst.

My answer to the repeated questions of "When are we going out on your boat again?" was answered with "When someone decides to chip in for gas since I've paid for it all day."

Well someone did... He drove his car to the gas station and came back with 5 gallons of gas and added it to the boat while I was on the top level of the dock. He just lifted up the little rubber flap around the shiny hole on the stern of my boat and poured in his 5 gallons.

...but wait, what kind of boat has a little rubber flap for a gas cover as well as a second filling point on the other corner of the boat? Well mine doesn't, it does have two fishing rod holders that meet that description. The rod holders conveniently drain onto the wiring harness, battery, and other electronic accessories section of the boat.

Fortunately I noticed the colored gas smelling liquid coming out of the bilge pump into the lake before starting up and detonating my boat.

My friend spent most the night flushing my boat with water...

ugh, happy 4th of July!

h2ohangtime 07-06-2010 6:21 AM

Ouch...hope you were able to get it all flushed out and started safely. Run your blower...lots.

crosenhahn 07-06-2010 7:08 AM

Holy Crap...You guys are lucky!!!

07-06-2010 7:13 AM

WOW!

That is why NON BOAT OWNERS are just not allowed to touch such precious things !!

cocheese 07-06-2010 7:35 AM

Several years ago, my uncle took his boat to the local marina for gas. While the kid on the dock filled the boat up, he walked inside and grabbed a bite to eat. He drove home and docked the boat. The next day, he was going to vacuum the inside cabin out. When he flipped the switch on the vacuum the whole boat went up in flames. He jumped into the water and survived, but was burned really bad. The kid that pumped the gas, pumped the gas into the sewage tank instead of the gas tank. The fumes slowly leaked into the cabin overnight and didn't ignite until he started vacuuming near the bathroom. Make sure you keep an eye on your boat while it is being fueled or fuel it yourself.

baitkiller 07-06-2010 3:22 PM

That happens more than anyone cares to admit. Search a fishing forum, it is very common. Gas your own boat.

bruizza 07-06-2010 3:29 PM

Damn good thing nothing really bad happened.

brett564 07-06-2010 5:39 PM

Wow, I just spent that last minute thinking is there any way that could happen on my boat?

tommyg 07-06-2010 5:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j13jjs (Post 1604903)
Luckily he was not successful. We were having a little 4th of July party on the dock and had done a few joyrides around our cove with friends.

As it started to get more crowded I docked the boat and started focusing on more important things like bratwurst.

My answer to the repeated questions of "When are we going out on your boat again?" was answered with "When someone decides to chip in for gas since I've paid for it all day."

Well someone did... He drove his car to the gas station and came back with 5 gallons of gas and added it to the boat while I was on the top level of the dock. He just lifted up the little rubber flap around the shiny hole on the stern of my boat and poured in his 5 gallons.

...but wait, what kind of boat has a little rubber flap for a gas cover as well as a second filling point on the other corner of the boat? Well mine doesn't, it does have two fishing rod holders that meet that description. The rod holders conveniently drain onto the wiring harness, battery, and other electronic accessories section of the boat.

Fortunately I noticed the colored gas smelling liquid coming out of the bilge pump into the lake before starting up and detonating my boat.

My friend spent most the night flushing my boat with water...

ugh, happy 4th of July!

as my buddy Charlie used to say..."time to clean out the friend closet!"

mhunter 07-06-2010 6:05 PM

You have fishing rod holders on your boat?