WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through August 20, 2004 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=187030)
-   -   Bindings for 12 Yr Old - For Liquidforce Trip 133 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183130)

wakeboardersdad 08-03-2004 6:43 PM

Hi There: <BR> <BR>Just bought a Liquid Force Trip 133 for my 12 year old son. He snowboards, but is new to wakeboarding. I would appreciate your specific recommendations as to a binding that would be suitable. He is 5 feet tall and weighs 90 lbs. <BR> <BR>I am also curious about a couple of issues: <BR> <BR>1) What construction and features should we be looking for? <BR> <BR>2) What specific make and model of bindings would you recommend? I know that are lots, but what is tried and true, for a 12 year old? What are the wakeboard instructors recommending for their students? <BR> <BR>3) An now a non-wakeboarding parents questions; sorry if it sounds ingnorant. Is it important that the bindings come off easily (or not) in a fall? In snowboarding, you do not want the bindings to release, as you would risk only one foot releasing, which would then risk injury to the other foot/leg. What are you looking for in bindings? <BR> <BR>The reason that I ask, is that I have looked at the Liquid Force SuperSuction bindings and have heard folks say that they are very difficult to put on and take off, even with lubricant. <BR> <BR>4) Another newbie quesiont: How adjustable should the binding be, to obtain a good fit? I note that some of the more expensive bindings are fairly adjustable. What adjustments do I need? I suppose that some degree of adjustability would be useful, for a growing boy's feet. <BR> <BR>5) How useful are the binding size guidelines. I had thought that I would need a medium for my son's size mens 7 feet, based upon the Liquid Force size chart. Is that the right size? Should we buy larger? Smaller? <BR> <BR>6) What type and quality of binding do we need? I would wish the binding to be safe and not impede his learning + last for atleast a couple of years. I mean that the binding should physically last, cover some foot growth and be suitable for his skill growth over afew seasons. <BR> <BR>7) How much do we need to spend (based upon new, retail pricing? Our point of view is that we will spend a sufficient amount to be safe and to ensure (not impede) learning. However, we will not buy "more" binding than he needs for his current and say one skill level up. I have seen to many parents equipment that is top notch, that their children simply cannot handle. It's a waste and is sometimes dangerous. <BR> <BR>Sorry for the 20 questions. Thanks for your help. <BR> <BR>Julian

ttuclint 08-03-2004 8:09 PM

alphas.

tigebob 08-03-2004 10:07 PM

Alphas great quality binding, inexpensive, easy to get into, and most of all comfortable <BR>

texas_wake 08-06-2004 2:08 PM

sence he is a snow boarder it would probally be good to go wit somethin with alot of anckle support like a snowboard binding i would buy somthin that will last a while since he is just getting into the sport and you probally dont want to buy somethin that you will have to replace every 6 months. Thers my 2 cents