WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through May 12, 2008 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=580192)
-   -   Andrew Adkison & others from CWB... (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576461)

mx118 05-05-2008 6:24 AM

I got to hang with Andrew this weekend at TSR cable stock final poker table and he to be the coolest and most down to earth guys I meet in a long time. After the game I took him over to a house where the rest of the CWB(Gabe Lucas &amp; I can't remember the other names, I had a few drinks by then) was hanging out and just like Andrew they were very cool people easy to talk and not stand offish at all. <BR> <BR>With all the talk about Wakeboards having a bad attitude I was glad to be at TSR this weekend and see that it is not complete true. In fact Andrew had a great quote “I ride a board and do flips for a living” for further proof on how grounded he was. <BR> <BR>Honorable mention too is Tom Fooshee always a cool guy to everyone I see him talk to. <BR> <BR>I am glad to be part of a sport where guys like these are leading the way. I hope it continues and they remember in Andrews words “I ride a board and do flips for a living”.

mx118 05-05-2008 1:55 PM

oh yeah... <BR>I for to mention Andrew busted the Heimlich maneuver on a guy who was choking which made him throw up and come back to.

goride 05-05-2008 2:15 PM

kicking ass and saving lifes while doing flippys on a board. <BR> <BR>I met Rusty before too who is a really cool guy. <BR> <BR>A lot of the CIE guys are really down to earth cool guys. <BR> <BR>To be honest i havnt really met anyone so far that I didnt like.

srh00z 05-05-2008 3:21 PM

Andrew is a great guy. We saw him at a comp a few years back. He fell in front of us and swam in, he let us check out his then prototype Transcend and Zues hinge boots and then gave us a play by play of the next rider's run. Rusty and Danny were cool to talk to also. Very approachable and remembered us the next day when we saw them again.

bhileman 05-05-2008 4:28 PM

yeah Andrew saved my life that was pretty insane. Im sure I met you mike I was "that guy" at the party. But yeah he is a really cool guy.

bhileman 05-05-2008 4:29 PM

o and mike do you know the results from sunday night I had to fly out before all the finals happened?

mx118 05-05-2008 6:18 PM

Hey Brett, you did meet me I was the guy who was in front of your face when you came too. How where you feeling the next day? <BR> <BR>From what I heard: <BR> <BR>Boat: Tom Fooshee <BR>Cable: Nick Davies <BR>Slider: Tom Fooshee <BR> <BR>Not a 100% sure though. <BR> <BR>Goride &amp; Stephen that is very cool to hear.

bendow 05-05-2008 6:34 PM

I met Shane that Thursday at TSR before cablestock at TSR. He came up and started talking to me, I guess because I ride his board. I was complaining how they break on the sliders and he assured me next years line up will have ptex in all sizes. He was super cool though

gene3x 05-06-2008 5:40 AM

I can vouch.... I am not usually a feel good story kinda guy but Andrew is the kinda guy that is a perfect ambassador of the sport! I met him at a rail Jam in Dallas and a year later he was at the boat show there and remembered me. We ended up having some drinks and throwing some BS around back at the hotel where everyone stayed. He is the kinda guy that makes everyone else around him a better person because he has such a great attitude.

bhileman 05-06-2008 9:18 AM

I felt alright Mike. I think just being upside down made me passout. quick thinking on andrews part.