WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Pastor Pat Robertson says Legalize It (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792167)

pesos 03-08-2012 11:35 AM

Pastor Pat Robertson says Legalize It

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/08/us...uana.html?_r=1

psudy 03-08-2012 12:04 PM

"all good things come from god."

Steel Pulse(I think).

wakecumberland 03-08-2012 1:00 PM

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once and awhile. Way to go Pat.

cadunkle 03-09-2012 8:01 AM

I do hope eventually it is legalized and treated the same as alcohol and tobacco. It would be a great first step in downsizing the State, respecting individual liberty, and eliminating victimless crimes. The savings to government would be enormous and I would hope those savings would be passed on to all of us in the form of lower taxes.

psudy 03-09-2012 8:02 AM

Not to mention the farming aspect of it. As I recall, Hemp has a ton of uses besides being smoked.

wake77 03-09-2012 8:17 AM

^You can't smoke hemp.

psudy 03-09-2012 8:29 AM

Well, you actually could, but I understand its a byproduct.

03-09-2012 10:17 AM

Technically yes, you can. Just like you can smoke the grass the grows on your lawn. Hemp won't get you high, it'll only give you a headache. So in reality, no you can't really smoke it.

lifetimewarranty 03-09-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadunkle (Post 1736373)
The savings to government would be enormous and I would hope those savings would be passed on to all of us in the form of lower taxes.

LOL!!!!!!!! Yes that is just what the government will do!!!!!

Please invite me to your wonderful planet someday.:D

psudy 03-09-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperbet (Post 1736426)
Technically yes, you can. Just like you can smoke the grass the grows on your lawn. Hemp won't get you high, it'll only give you a headache. So in reality, no you can't really smoke it.

Which is exactly what I said, just in a longer more drawn out version.

cadunkle 03-09-2012 2:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty (Post 1736443)
LOL!!!!!!!! Yes that is just what the government will do!!!!!

Please invite me to your wonderful planet someday.:D

If you accept the way things are, nothing will ever change. Of course I don't expect the government to pass those savings along and perhaps steal LESS of the well over 50% of my income they steal now... Not unless they are dragged kicking and screaming into that situation.

da_moose 03-09-2012 4:46 PM

legalize it and I'll advertise it
THE GREAT Peter Tosh said

jeff359 03-10-2012 6:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadunkle (Post 1736373)
I do hope eventually it is legalized and treated the same as alcohol and tobacco. It would be a great first step in downsizing the State, respecting individual liberty, and eliminating victimless crimes. The savings to government would be enormous and I would hope those savings would be passed on to all of us in the form of lower taxes.

+1

diamonddad 03-10-2012 7:04 AM

POT should be legalized but controlled (only sold through specialized outlets) and taxed.
But, keep the outlets out of shopping malls and don't allow it to be smoked in public.

Horrible addictive drugs (e.g. heroine, crack, meth) should be provided for FREE from government outlets for free to anyone willing to sign a form accepting the consequences of the drug.

OK. I just eliminated every DRUG law enforcement agency, every DRUG related court case, every DRUG dealer, every DRUG importer, every DRUG related crime and every DRUG related prison cell.

Billions raised.
Billions saved.

da_moose 03-10-2012 10:29 AM

“It’s completely out of control,” Mr. Robertson said. “Prisons are being overcrowded with juvenile offenders having to do with drugs. And the penalties, the maximums, some of them could get 10 years for possession of a joint of marijuana. It makes no sense at all.”

rdlangston13 03-10-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddad (Post 1736608)
POT should be legalized but controlled (only sold through specialized outlets) and taxed.
But, keep the outlets out of shopping malls and don't allow it to be smoked in public.

Horrible addictive drugs (e.g. heroine, crack, meth) should be provided for FREE from government outlets for free to anyone willing to sign a form accepting the consequences of the drug.

OK. I just eliminated every DRUG law enforcement agency, every DRUG related court case, every DRUG dealer, every DRUG importer, every DRUG related crime and every DRUG related prison cell.

Billions raised.
Billions saved.

except now we have to pay to take care of all the dumb asses hooked on the "horrible addictive drugs" because it would be inhumane to just let them die of their habits

plhorn 03-14-2012 9:24 AM

"except now we have to pay to take care of all the dumb asses hooked on the "horrible addictive drugs" because it would be inhumane to just let them die of their habits "

Its still cheaper than prisons and law enforcement. Billions still saved.

fly135 03-14-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdlangston13 (Post 1736629)
except now we have to pay to take care of all the dumb asses hooked on the "horrible addictive drugs" because it would be inhumane to just let them die of their habits

Jobs!