WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Doomswell Neo for bigger guy? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807957)

josh_wilkes 07-24-2017 9:58 AM

Doomswell Neo for bigger guy?
 
So I'm a newbie, like last week newbie. Surfing behind a Mastercraft NXT 22. I picked up a Ronix Modella Stub Fish 4'8 from the pro shop not knowing a thing about boards. I'm 5'11 210 pounds, and really am struggling with the Ronix I have. I can go ropeless, but only for a short time...the boards tends to want to sink. A friend let me use his Ronix "the duke" while it was huge, I could ride it no problem. I emailed Doomswell and they reccomended the Neo 4'8 over the dubstep or the sparkplug. Does anybody else have any experience with the Neo for a larger newbie surfer? I was thinking I would need something a little bigger than 4'8 since my Ronix is that size. Thanks.

mlzelenik 07-24-2017 10:06 AM

The neo will be much more buoyant than the Ronix. I ride the nubstep and absolutely love it. I'm 6'4 240 and ride the 5'2 but could have easily gone with the 5'0. I think smaller than that and I would lose stance but as far as buoyancy and rideability I could probably go less. You should be good with the 4'8 Neo. Also if you talked with Brock, he is the man and I would go with what he recommends. You won't be disappointed.

infinitysurf 07-24-2017 10:17 AM

I have the 4'8" Neo and love it. I am 5' 10" tall and 205lbs. It can easily handle you as I have also ridden the 4' 6" Neo without issue, tho I did notice the difference and had to pump a little more with it..... the 4' 8" is just a little more bouyant. I think its the perfect choice for you.

andy_nintzel 07-24-2017 10:42 AM

I love the Neo, great board super fast and fun to ride!

On our Site NautiCurl.com we have the Doomswell Neo Blems in Stock in the 4'10" size on sale for $549. If your order is over $400 you get an additional $50 off your order with promo code SLAMMIT. I am fairly sure that the 4'8" are sold out for the season.

josh_wilkes 07-24-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_nintzel (Post 1963687)
I love the Neo, great board super fast and fun to ride!

On our Site NautiCurl.com we have the Doomswell Neo Blems in Stock in the 4'10" size on sale for $549. If your order is over $400 you get an additional $50 off your order with promo code SLAMMIT. I am fairly sure that the 4'8" are sold out for the season.

Thanks! How do you think the 4'10 is compared to what was reccomended the 4'8?

MICAH_HARPER 07-25-2017 10:29 AM

im 5'11" and 208 and I ride the 4'6 neo. Great board you wont be disappointed. Fast and poppy board of the lip of the wave. Spins on a dime. Best board I have ever rode. Throw some futures black stixs in it and BOOM you will be killing it in no time.

The 4'8 will be a great size for you. Order one and don't look back. Check out your local dealer also, they probably have one in stock.

Micah

MICAH_HARPER 07-25-2017 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
4'6" neo

jmanst15 07-27-2017 11:11 PM

6'1 230 lbs and ride a 4'10 neo behind a 01 vlx. ABSOLUTELY love it. Surf no problem. Tried a couple other boards before and I just sunk them and couldn't even go ropeless for more than 10 sec. Have 5-6 rides on it and have hit 2 360's so far! So Stoked. Do it.

TNwakeboarder86 07-28-2017 6:30 AM

really 230 and couldn't ride many boards?? hmm, Has to be the wave or just the worst boards. I have several people 230ish who can ride any board they want almost. I was shocked they can surf the hyperlite broadcast, I think that board is for lighters. I went to test one of the doomswell this summer earlier, but I don't think they had the size I need. If im not mistaken the dealership just started carrying them and didn't have all sorts. Or might of sold it. Id love to see how they stack up against my chaos. Micah, what do you ride behind?

Familyrig 07-28-2017 4:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmanst15 (Post 1964017)
6'1 230 lbs and ride a 4'10 neo behind a 01 vlx. ABSOLUTELY love it. Surf no problem. Tried a couple other boards before and I just sunk them and couldn't even go ropeless for more than 10 sec. Have 5-6 rides on it and have hit 2 360's so far! So Stoked. Do it.

Thank you for the help also. I just ordered a 4'10 neo from Nauticurl. I am your exact specs and ride behind 04 vlx.

jmanst15 07-29-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNwakeboarder86 (Post 1964026)
really 230 and couldn't ride many boards?? hmm, Has to be the wave or just the worst boards. I have several people 230ish who can ride any board they want almost. I was shocked they can surf the hyperlite broadcast, I think that board is for lighters. I went to test one of the doomswell this summer earlier, but I don't think they had the size I need. If im not mistaken the dealership just started carrying them and didn't have all sorts. Or might of sold it. Id love to see how they stack up against my chaos. Micah, what do you ride behind?

Yes...had an old broadcast way back when and didn't have much weight in the boat and tried to list it...probably 05-06. Didn't surf again until this summer. Had 450's in the rear and got a shaper and couldn't surf a newer broadcast (probably 5 years old). No matter how hard I pumped it I would just fall out the back of the wave. Then purchased a Slingshot Gnarwhal 4'10. Much thicker than the broadcast but shorter. Probably near the same amount of volume. Sunk that board as well. Keep in mind this is with a few people in the boat 450's in the lockers and stock mls in the ski locker, so not a ton of weight. Was really disappointed with the slingshot:banghead:..it was such a rad looking board but for my weight and wake it just wasn't working. So I returned it and got the Neo. Went from 19L of Volume to 31L...wow what a difference. Board floats me, is fast, and can ride ropeless across the lake if I want. Traded in my 450's for 850's and now I am loving surfing...can't imagine what the newer boat wakes are like.

jmanst15 07-29-2017 4:38 PM

</iframe>
<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/227545613">360</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user8166873">jeff harter</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:39 AM.