WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Unreal new Dean Smith edit (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806939)

VinnyA 08-30-2016 6:43 PM

Unreal new Dean Smith edit

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WRUSdMDthT4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cheesydog 08-30-2016 8:15 PM

Damn!! Deano is killing it! Dude is getting stronger as he gets older. Those double up hits...

Talonsorensen 08-30-2016 9:33 PM

My jaw literally dropped when I saw this edit early today!

Jmaxymek 08-31-2016 12:59 AM

Yeah absolutely nuts. He's what 33 now? So awesome

downfortheride 08-31-2016 6:53 AM

STANDING OVATION
Wow! Always impressive to see an edit come out with Dean.

jarrod 08-31-2016 8:12 AM

I agree. He made a push to improve this year and it worked. He's riding hard.

wakemitch 08-31-2016 8:27 AM

It is so rare to see guys hit double ups now, so I get so stoked seeing Dean going huge off of some massive double ups.

scooterinsk 08-31-2016 8:30 AM

Wow! I've rewatched a few times already, so good.

bcrider 08-31-2016 9:15 AM

Absolutely awesome and the track is perfect for it as well.

andy_nintzel 08-31-2016 10:23 AM

Rider of the Year right there. Hot Damn that was amazing!

skiboarder 08-31-2016 10:29 AM

holy crap.

eubanks01 08-31-2016 11:57 AM

Dang! I hope Deano has a good relationship with his chiropractor! :eek:

denverd1 08-31-2016 12:11 PM

boom!!

razorjaw 08-31-2016 3:51 PM

That's the kind of vid that gets you stoked to get out on the water and charge every trick!! Great vid Deano (and thanks to Aaron Rathy for putting it together I believe?)

nickfernandez00 08-31-2016 6:17 PM

Those 10's were nuts

simplej 08-31-2016 6:47 PM

It appears some sects of wakeboarding have not grown since 2008.

I had to turn it off after 27 seconds.

TTyler89 08-31-2016 8:37 PM

^^^^ And cue Captain Buzzkill. That is one sick section. Well done Deano.

MCObray 08-31-2016 8:41 PM

Straight bangers. That was a killer edit and awesome riding. +1 for Dean on Rider of the Year.

jarrod 08-31-2016 9:28 PM

I keep watching it over and over just to watch the double grab, poked back 7.

markj 08-31-2016 10:27 PM

Even though its more fun to watch it slow motion, I think slow motion fails to show how hard a guy has to work his as$ off just to complete any of that in real time. Its pretty amazing. Great edit.

simplej 09-01-2016 3:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTyler89 (Post 1943867)
^^^^ And cue Captain Buzzkill. That is one sick section. Well done Deano.

Yup captain buzz kill, that's me.

Yea it's impressive but there's nothing ground breaking here. It's the same top 10 dudes doing the same top 10 tricks the same way and it all looks the same and gets edited the same and have songs that sound the same or are the same. Video section of the year? Hardly.

It blows my mind that this gets a thread while something like graydon's ala-cruzin and the coalition edits get lost.

jarrod 09-01-2016 6:30 AM

I guess I don't look at it that way. What gets me through a section is seeing the rider NOT do all the same tricks they did in their last section. If you're not doing anything new, I'll hit stop, Sure some of his staple tricks were in their like his signature roll to revert, Crow, and back five. I say signature because he does them into the flats. And he added a bunch of new stuff, and made a few tricks his own like the double grab back 1 and the back 7.

To each their own. If it didn't do it for you, that's cool. But the camera angles are a bit different. Like in the Rusty production, Rathy is capturing a few different angles and I'm digging it. I found some of it to be fresh.

boardjnky4 09-01-2016 6:44 AM

That angle on the last hit is amazing. Makes you feel like he is right there in front of you as he lines up that double. REALLY liked that.

iShredSAN 09-01-2016 8:35 AM

1:40 ftw. wow

migs 09-01-2016 8:44 AM

I thought this video was awesome. Have watched it now about 10 times.
I find the Game of WAKE between Dowdy & Teunissen to be on another level.
And the G wakes on both videos are just stupid huge.

bcrider 09-01-2016 8:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Regardless of the tricks done the amplitude of most of them is awesome. Better then wake to wake footage any day. I've always loved Rusty's, Aarons, Randall, and now apparently Deans riding because of how big these guys take their tricks.

But you're right.....nothing to see here.

stevo8290 09-01-2016 1:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplej (Post 1943879)

Yea it's impressive but there's nothing ground breaking here. It's the same top 10 dudes doing the same top 10 tricks the same way and it all looks the same and gets edited the same and have songs that sound the same or are the same. Video section of the year? Hardly.

It blows my mind that this gets a thread while something like graydon's ala-cruzin and the coalition edits get lost.

Really :confused:

razorjaw 09-01-2016 6:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iShredSAN (Post 1943898)
1:40 ftw. wow

Ditto! Seriously loved those angles almost inside the doubleup. You get a real idea of just how big everything (the wake, the double, Deano) actually is!

mike2001 09-01-2016 7:59 PM

Quote:

I can agree on the song. But overall fun video, gets me excited to ride. Rather than just bash the quality, post up some of your own riding. It sounds like you have pretty high standards and I'm sure those translate into your own riding and film editing. Add some value to the site instead of just trolling on other videos.

cheesydog 09-01-2016 8:42 PM

Quote:

Graydon has insane style but I really don't what that has to do with this edit. What has always set Dean apart is his combination of tech and taking it ridiculously huge, something he also brings to contests.

I just don't see how any rider wouldn't get stoked on that edit. One of the best riders of all time in my view.

stevo8290 09-02-2016 7:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike2001 (Post 1943954)
I can agree on the song. But overall fun video, gets me excited to ride. Rather than just bash the quality, post up some of your own riding. It sounds like you have pretty high standards and I'm sure those translate into your own riding and film editing. Add some value to the site instead of just trolling on other videos.

+1 for seeing simplej's stuff. Lets see it bud!!!! show us your groundbreaking maneuvers!!!!!!

simplej 09-02-2016 9:21 AM

Wahhhhh someone on the internet disagrees with my opinion.

I never said it wasn't impressive and if I could do 10's I would be on tour. Obviously. I am not discrediting Dean's riding which is especially impressive at his age. I respect his abilities and putting his body on the line but....

My issue with it is that is more of the SAME stuff. I can barely differentiate between this and any other run of the mill contest level riding. Except this isn't a contest. These kinds of edits just don't do it for me. If I wanted to watch that I would go to a contest. I have seen so many contest runs or equivalent riding at this point that this kind of riding has just become normal. Vanilla. If you want me to go a step further...

It is my opinion that Wakeboarding is reaching the impasse snowboarding hit when it began it's decline 7/8 years ago. Too many rotations. Too many flips. Too much neon. Not enough grass roots riders defining the sport.

What graydon/coalition etc edits have to do with it (to me) is that it gives a clear picture of the state of wakeboarding (see above) and the direction core riders want it go vs the direction energy drinks and kent sports want it to go.

You all have yours, this is my .02.

theloungelife 09-02-2016 9:36 AM

I thought the edit was sick for amplitude and some of the rewind tricks. I agree the song wasn't the best though.

It's funny seeing the debate on here. I think what's happening is the sport has it's unique styles/terrain now. Some people relate to boat more. Some relate to cable more. I know for me, I'd love to ride more cable, but it isn't accessible. Closest 2.0 is 3.5 hours away. Closest 5 tower is 10. Boating is 35 mins away. For that reason I was stoked to see Dean killing it. His amplitude is inspirational. Sure I probably prefer Twelker etc when it comes to style, but still sick.

VinnyA 09-03-2016 11:48 AM

I actually dug the song. Matched his intensity.

If the problem is about this getting posted while other ***** didn't...then post it.
Anything is better than the 1000 "I need help picking a board" threads that appear on WW every d@mn day.

cheesydog 09-05-2016 2:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplej (Post 1943985)
Wahhhhh someone on the internet disagrees with my opinion.

I never said it wasn't impressive and if I could do 10's I would be on tour. Obviously. I am not discrediting Dean's riding which is especially impressive at his age. I respect his abilities and putting his body on the line but....

My issue with it is that is more of the SAME stuff. I can barely differentiate between this and any other run of the mill contest level riding. Except this isn't a contest. These kinds of edits just don't do it for me. If I wanted to watch that I would go to a contest. I have seen so many contest runs or equivalent riding at this point that this kind of riding has just become normal. Vanilla. If you want me to go a step further...

It is my opinion that Wakeboarding is reaching the impasse snowboarding hit when it began it's decline 7/8 years ago. Too many rotations. Too many flips. Too much neon. Not enough grass roots riders defining the sport.

What graydon/coalition etc edits have to do with it (to me) is that it gives a clear picture of the state of wakeboarding (see above) and the direction core riders want it go vs the direction energy drinks and kent sports want it to go.

You all have yours, this is my .02.

I think you have some valid points in the snowboard comparison. I just really disagree this looks even remotely like a contest run. Unless it was a double up, or best trick comp.

80AM 09-13-2016 8:00 AM

Ok, what kind of ballast bag is that in the bow of that G23 at 1:53? I must know

lucas200397 09-14-2016 2:43 AM

believe this is the bag in question.....https://www.wakemakers.com/ronix-eig...800-floor.html