WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Don Pedro suggestions? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778990)

vdriverider 04-28-2010 9:04 PM

Don Pedro suggestions?

I am planning to check this place out for the first time. Does anyone have any comments on likes, dislikes, campsites, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

family_deckhand 04-28-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdriverider (Post 1578992)
I am planning to check this place out for the first time. Does anyone have any comments on likes, dislikes, campsites, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Don Pedro is great. If you are in an RV flemming meadows is nice.

AIrwar209 04-28-2010 11:03 PM

Don Pedro is a horrible place, especially the Fleming Meadow side. My suggestion is for everyone to ride the Delta, I hear they have great water. We only tube at Don Pedro, in really big circles. :D

vdriverider 04-29-2010 6:32 AM

LOL...thanks for the info. We'll check it out and be sure to bring our extra large tube :rolleyes:

razzman 04-29-2010 6:33 AM

Yeah we ONLY tube there too! Powerturns when were not! DON'T go there it sux! ;)

Fleming Meadows, real nice campground. Kinda pricey as they gouge you for everything at Pedro but worth it. Can get pretty windy in afternoons but mornings are glass everywhere, after you dodge all the bass boats that is. :D

guido 04-29-2010 8:23 AM

Pedro is one of my favorite lakes in Cali. I basically grew up and learned to boat there. Tons of great options and one of the few lakes that allows boat in camping. Any of the Marina's are fine. Flemming Meadows has good facilities, resteraunt and launch. Plus the campsites are decent.

Have fun.

PictureMeRollin 04-29-2010 12:22 PM

Do you know of any other lakes that allow boat-in camping? Does Berryessa allow that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by guido (Post 1579124)
Pedro is one of my favorite lakes in Cali. I basically grew up and learned to boat there. Tons of great options and one of the few lakes that allows boat in camping. Any of the Marina's are fine. Flemming Meadows has good facilities, resteraunt and launch. Plus the campsites are decent.

Have fun.

l1spoogy 04-29-2010 3:05 PM

Berryessa does not allow boat in camping. Bullards Bar does.

dohboy 04-29-2010 3:58 PM

I would pick Fleming Meadows or Mocasin Point. They have the best launch ramps. The Fleming side has less shade but lake front campsites. You really cant go wrong though. We have five weekends booked there this summer, Can't wait! The lake is going to be close to if not completely full this year from what I hear.

PictureMeRollin 04-29-2010 4:46 PM

Thanks for the info, I know where to go now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by l1spoogy (Post 1579341)
Berryessa does not allow boat in camping. Bullards Bar does.

adambarry 04-29-2010 9:30 PM

Man I need to figure out what part of pedro you guys are lookin at... I go there every year for a camping trip and I always wake up at 5 30- 6 a.m. drive across the lake looking for good water and still can't find anything as good as what I've can get at my local lakes.. maybe I'm just too picky or looking in the wrong spots.. hah

cavlxenvy 04-30-2010 1:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIrwar209 (Post 1579020)
Don Pedro is a horrible place, especially the Fleming Meadow side. My suggestion is for everyone to ride the Delta, I hear they have great water. We only tube at Don Pedro, in really big circles. :D

Man you are so wrong. The Delta is dirty and extremely dangerous. The water is crystal clear at Don Pedro. There is boat in camping. Oh man it's heaven.

dlll 05-03-2010 9:45 PM

what are u talking about

i have been on pedro for 22 years have owned 2 houseboat and still have one . when all the other lake are dry i bet i will see all you their. Ya the best water is in the morning so what thats the best time anyway. If you go to the gorge it is good to, moccasin dose have smoother water in the after noon the wind dose pick up. As far as the bass boats how cares the lake is so big you can almost go anywhere 29 miles long is alot of good water to be found. PS and if your a bad ass waker you can wake in any water its all good right.:D We are their every week end until the end on October Just got back last weekend water was a little cold but great smoooooth water everywhere.