WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Girls Who Ride (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=195511)
-   -   help with new board (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=588601)

wamp98 06-09-2008 9:42 AM

I am buying a new board for my fiance, and she is a very inexperienced rider. Actually she has only got up a couple of times for a couple of seconds each time. I was looking at the Ronix Rise Bindings and the Ronix Coy 137 board. She is 5'8" tall and weighs 145lbs. Is this the right size, and is the Ronix Coy a good beginner board to learn on? She is also concerned about the ease of getting the bindings on and off. Any help would be great! Thanks!

kate_blondyonboard 06-09-2008 5:22 PM

I'm also 5'8 and I ride a 137. However she'll be fine riding anything from a 134 to 139. I would get her the liquid force jett 136. It's a a great all around board. The bigger the board, the easier it is for people to start out.. but then once they get comfortable it becomes hard to try anything since there is alot of board under them.

wamp98 06-09-2008 5:55 PM

Kate, <BR>Thanks! I will check that one out. anyone else tried the Rise bindings? Are they comfy and easy to get on?

criswb 06-09-2008 11:08 PM

Hi! <BR>Neither the Coy or the Jett are "classified" under beginner boards, mainly because they're pro models (The Coy is Emily's and Jett's Amber's) Its not that they are useless for learning, but perhaps, it's not going to be the easiest boards to learn on. Either the 136 or the 137 is going to be perfect. One cm is hardly any difference. I've never tried the Coy, but I've only heard good things about it. The only thing I don't normally like and that I see in the Coy is the 4 screw-in fin setup. <BR> <BR>The Jett I own and I love. It has a 6 fin setup, 4 small molded and 2 removable. I ride without those, I think it is more forgiving (you dont catch edges that easy), more fun (you can move it around easily) and it makes you actually edge in the way you're supposed to. <BR> <BR>If you want to go with more beginner friendly boards, check out the LF Angel, the Ronix Krush or the HL Eden. Tried them all, I think they're excellent boards to begin and progress with. The Krush and the Eden both have the assymetrical design which helps you with your toeside edge. <BR> <BR>As for bindings, I've tried the Rise and they are one of the most comfy bindings I've worn. They fit just like shoes, no break in needed, and they're very supportive. If you can get a good deal on them, they're pretty cool. Only down part is that they're white, and white things don't hold up in time that well, especially if you dont ride in the cleanest water. <BR> <BR>The Wing bindings I just got, haven't had the chance to ride in them yet, but they fit really nice. Very comfy on the inside and also lots of support. They are kinda stiff, but flexible. <BR> <BR>My all time favorite bindings (so far!) are the Transits. Excellent bindings, super comfy, very supportive, I would've gotten them again this year, but I just dislike the looks for them so I decided to give other bindings a try! <BR> <BR>Those are all high end bindings that I've tried and recommend. I think you could still find some last year Minx bindings which are very nice. They don't have as much support as I like (they dont come up as high on your calf) and I prefer stiffer bindings, but it is just personal preference, they are very good bindings. <BR> <BR>Let us know what you decide, and if you have any more questions, ask away!

wamp98 06-10-2008 6:28 AM

Chris, <BR>Thanks for all that! I checked out the Krush, and have decided to order it. I ended up with the Krush and the Rise bindings. Hope she will like them! <BR>Thanks all for the help!