WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   S4 vs Watson (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=774155)

stang_killa_ss 02-09-2010 7:48 AM

im looking at picking up a 2009 watson or S4 138. <BR>problem is ive never riden either and have no way to demo. <BR>so im looking for some advice from you experts. <BR> <BR>how do these two boards compare when riding? <BR> <BR>pop <BR>speed <BR>tight/loose <BR>landing <BR>edge switching/manuverability <BR>etc <BR> <BR>any and all advice and experiences would be very much appreciated.

jnewton7 02-09-2010 8:06 AM

Cory I've ridden both, I would say that the S4 is faster, and has more grip than the watson, but you can still break the s4 loose very easily. The S4 is locked on edge coming in. As far as landings, they are about the same. I noticed a big improvement on my toeside pop on the S4 and my riding partner has the same board and he said the same thing. Both pop really well tho <BR> <BR>Oh and I have a 09 S4 138 I'd cut you a deal on if your interested, i rode it for a couple months last season, great shape.

stang_killa_ss 02-09-2010 8:22 AM

great info jeff, VERY helpful (up until the point i read you were trying to sell and S4 lol) <BR>haha kidding. thanks a ton. <BR> <BR>anyone else with experience, i knew you guys would be the ones to ask. <BR>post up ;) <BR> <BR>thanks <BR>Cory

tripsw 02-09-2010 9:26 AM

I can second everything Jeff said. Waton has a bit more straight up pop, s4 is easier to take into the flats. Both are great boards!

bobenglish 02-09-2010 11:41 AM

Jeff, <BR> <BR>I was thinking of adding a 138 S4 to my collection. If you want to part with yours, give me a shout. <BR> <BR>Bob

stang_killa_ss 02-09-2010 12:20 PM

spec wise, the watson appears to be closer to my 08 shane. <BR>agressive 3 stage, width, bottom shape, lifted vari edge. <BR> <BR>but the rocker on the S4 is closer to my shane. <BR> <BR>as far as loose/tight feel on the water, which one is closer to my 08 shane?

jnewton7 02-09-2010 12:33 PM

cory i rode the shane a couple years ago so im trying to remember but from what i do it seemed more edgy and the pop was similar to me. I would say that the S4 has a closer feel to your shane. I'm guessing you are looking at the regular model boards too and not the limiteds.....the limiteds feel looser because the grind base material cannot conform to the fins as well making them looser.

stang_killa_ss 02-09-2010 12:36 PM

gotcha! you guys experiences are invaluable <BR> <BR>im actually looking at the flys

cnagler 02-09-2010 1:33 PM

I own both an 09 s4 138 and an 09 watson 142 and am about 6'1 180 pounds and I like the watson way more. I feel like i have more control and the edges dont catch as easily. but the S4 definitely is much easier to fling around. After riding the S4 for about a month my shins began to hurt and that has never happened to me before but could just be me. The watson is much smoother and very predictable