WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Inland Surfer Opinions (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=719408)

witness140 07-24-2009 3:59 AM

Time for a new (to me) board. Taking some advice from the forum and looked at Shred Stixx, Walker, Phase 5, and Inland. <BR> <BR>I like the Inland line. <BR> <BR>Choosing between the following: <BR> <BR>09' Black Pearl <BR>Yellow Loogey <BR>Green Loogey <BR>Blue Lake (Probably 1 or 2 yrs old) <BR> <BR>I'm proficient at surfing behind the boat, haven't progressed to 360's yet. Would like a board that is fun to just cruise on, but is capable of a 360 or some other basic surface tricks. <BR> <BR>Boat is an 09' X2 and we don't always have a lot of people, so ride light on occasion. <BR> <BR>I'm leaning towards the Black Pearl or the Green Loogey. <BR> <BR>How durable are these boards? And I can't find a spec on their thickness. Wondering if they'll fit into my clamping MC racks.

ndh2o 07-24-2009 4:52 AM

I have the 09 Black Pearl Yellow and love it. I believe it is only 5/8" thick, so it will def fit in the racks. I am still playing with fin setups, but honestly haven't found a setup that I haven't liked yet.

easyed77 07-24-2009 9:24 AM

The Inland Surfer Sweet Spot is the best board I have ever ridden. I have a walker Comp X and the IS Blue Lake and the Sweet Spot is superior to both of them. I weigh 205 pounds and have no problem staying in the pocket with this board. <BR> <BR>(Message edited by easyed77 on July 24, 2009)

duffymahoney 07-24-2009 10:19 AM

I used to own a yellow loogey and it was a great starter board.

packrat 07-24-2009 1:07 PM

Hey easyed77, what fin combination are you using on the Sweet Spot ie: sizes? Thanks

codespanker 07-24-2009 4:59 PM

I have a blue lake, sweet spot and the new swallow. I graduated from a broadcast (that I learnt on) and a trickboardz I finished myself. <BR> <BR>I'm pretty much where you are - I can ride all day behind the boat without a rope and I just did my first 360. <BR> <BR>Of the 3 I'd say I like the swallow the best for surf style - its a little narrower than the blue lake and its very precise and fast (especially with 4 fins). For the 360 the sweet spot breaks loose easily but it's a little wider than i'm used to. <BR> <BR>The finish and quality of the boards is outstanding and the the swallow especially looks awesome with the wood bottom. <BR> <BR>If you are tending toward a surf style rather than skim I'd recommend the swallow. <BR> <BR>-Dave

sailing216 07-24-2009 6:50 PM

If you like IS (which is great) I'd go for the Green Loogie. I believe the only board from IS that might fit into a wake rack is the black pearl which is more skim and very easy to nail that 360. With a smaller board, you'll have to beef up your wave on that X2. The loogie fits your needs (just not a wake rack). <BR> <BR>All the manufactures you are looking at has something for you. If fitting in wake rack is the priority, then P5 Drew XL or Walker Comp X 5.0 is also a consideration (haven't been on a Stixx but they are great from what I hear but more surf style). --good luck <BR> <BR>I'm waiting for the spammer to hit this thread, LOL.

easyed77 07-29-2009 11:28 AM

I have 3 IS boards and they all fit in my 07 Mastercraft factory board rack.

easyed77 07-29-2009 11:31 AM

The sweet spot has 4 fins. It's my friends board and if I am not mistaken the two outer fins were the factory fins that came with the board. He used his own custom fins on the inside but I am not sure on the size of them.

tonyv420 07-30-2009 2:14 PM

Rode the carbon fiber sweet spot (4 fin) and the 09 black pearl optional 3 fin set up ( I used just the center fin ) Really liked the Black Pearl, the sweet spot was ok. Black pearl was nice and loose and also very fast. Thats just how I like my board. I will be buying a Black Pearl as soon as I can afford it. Packrat knows the sizes of fins I used. They were both his boards.

wake4fun 07-30-2009 4:46 PM

I ride a yellow loogie (now the green loogie) and love it. Graduated from Broadcast and Coex. I also surf an X 2 and never pick the rope up. My 220# son can do 360's on it no problem...and yes, we can get it in the wakeboard rack.