WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Surfboards (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801831)

soonerbilly 04-23-2014 6:54 PM

Surfboards

I was looking around on the Triple x web site and sow that they had a Nitro Pro X for 399. They also have a OUTCAST Black Ball and a BULLET Black Ball soft top board for 136. Can these cheap boards be used to wakesurf? I mean crap at that price theyre almost a season disposable board.

tmill 04-23-2014 7:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soonerbilly (Post 1874036)
I was looking around on the Triple x web site and sow that they had a Nitro Pro X for 399. They also have a OUTCAST Black Ball and a BULLET Black Ball soft top board for 136. Can these cheap boards be used to wakesurf? I mean crap at that price theyre almost a season disposable board.

I have seen people surf them, but I have not had a chance to yet. they are a great disposable board like you said and wont get dinged by kids or new riders and definitely cant beat them for the price.

The Nitro is a pretty solid wakesurf board I would definitely recommend it but I am a little biased.

t

fence_sence 04-23-2014 7:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmill (Post 1874038)
The Nitro is a pretty solid wakesurf board I would definitely recommend it but I am a little biased.

t

For some reason I though you rode for Day 1?

Chaos 04-24-2014 9:19 AM

Of course you can ride them behind the boat, but soft top black ball boards perform about as well in fresh water as they do in the ocean, not very well.

soonerbilly 04-24-2014 9:23 AM

But are they hard to just ride and learn to get up on? I had a LF noserider thats easy to ride and get up on ( its a tank but easy ). But one guy fell and shot it towards the boat, it hit the transom and completely split. Luckily I got it cheap so i wasn't out too much. But i would hate for that to happen to my shredstixx. So would these be OK for a teaching board?

Chaos 04-24-2014 10:54 PM

Yeppers. Good all around teaching boards and just fooling around on boards.

newwhit 04-25-2014 6:29 AM

What is the size range for the addixion? I cant seem to find it. (6" 210lbs)

tmill 04-25-2014 7:04 AM

I do ride for day1 but Tim with TripleX and I are friends. They helped me get into wakesurfing and I still help them as a sales rep.

T

tmill 04-25-2014 7:06 AM

The Addixion will come in a 4-6 a 4-8 and a 5-0. Last season I rode it as a 4-8 and I am about 6-3 and 205lbs. It would depend on on wake size but I would not go any smaller than a 4-8 for you. I also know that they just got their shipment in of Addixion boards. Shoot the store a call and they can hook you up!

fence_sence 04-25-2014 8:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmill (Post 1874293)
I do ride for day1 but Tim with TripleX and I are friends. They helped me get into wakesurfing and I still help them as a sales rep.

T

Ahh, I see.