WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Bindings help....Need advice (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781977)

07-24-2010 4:50 PM

Bindings help....Need advice

Hey guys have 2007-8 don't know which Watson 138 board. Like the board alot but my bindings are just sooooo heavy. I need something else. I like the closed toe, as my old ones are open and need some suggestions. I really want the most light binding I can find. Any thoughts.

Liquid force Ultra says it is the lightest out there, but doesn't come in a closed toe. Can someone help me?

What are the lightest closed toe's out there?

wake77 07-24-2010 5:03 PM

My 2009 Ronix Cells are super light. Comfy as well. They are stiff like the Watsons, if you like that feature. I don't know if they are the lightest, but I don't think a binding could be much more noticeably lighter.

cwb4me 07-24-2010 5:53 PM

i have some cwb answer 2010 closed toe they are very light.a friend of mine has ronix relixs they are also very light.

07-24-2010 6:00 PM

Thanks Ronix Cells were on the short list. CWB answers will have to check into along with the Relixs.

cwb4me 07-24-2010 6:22 PM

scott the relixs are real flexible the most flexible i've seen. the answer are in the middle not stiff but also not too flexible.

jonnymatrix5 07-24-2010 8:07 PM

I have the 2010 Ronix One bindings, they are sick! Pretty light, pretty stiff and super comfy! Got a sick deal on them too so even better!

07-25-2010 7:24 AM

Jon, where did you get them?

dococ 07-25-2010 9:10 AM

I just bought a new pair of 2010 One bindings, and they are great! I went to the store 100% planning to purchase the CWB AA bindings, but the guy at the shop strongly suggested first that I try on the Ones. I did it just to get him to leave me alone, but sure enough, they felt good even before heat molding. But I still thought I knew better, so the guy patiently waited while I insisted on trying on many different pairs of CWB and LF bindings for the next 30 minutes. None of the CWB or LF bindings could even come close to the comfort of the Ones. Turns out the shop clerk had been right the whole time, so I wound up buying the Ones. After heat molding, they are pretty amazing. I've ridden a few sets behind a Supra Gravity Games edition with plenty of boost, and the performance of the bindings is good. It is a little weird for me to get accustomed to the idea of wake bindings that don't release, and also I had to make peace with the idea of dropping 4 bills on bindings, since I've been out of the game for a little while. But in the end, I'm happy with my purchase and would buy the same again. I wish the plate was a bit stiffer, but I guess you can't have everything.
Oh, and they are indeed very light, so like Jeremy wrote, not sure how you would make bindings much lighter.

07-25-2010 9:22 AM

Thanks Doctor!

08-11-2010 11:39 AM

Check out the Fly bindings or any of the liquid force pro models

stephan 08-11-2010 11:53 AM

Weight means very little, especially in bindings. If I were you, I'd focus on getting the most durable boot there is.

If you want light and durable, few beat the new CWB stuff. The '10 high end line uses the same material, so depending on how you like boots to fit, the super supportive AA boot is slightly heavier than the flexible Answer boot.

cwb4me 08-11-2010 12:06 PM

i agree big heavy the answers are the most comfortable i've ever tried.