WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Just got my super air!! help me load it up! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777530)

superair502 03-14-2010 7:45 PM

Just got my super air!! help me load it up!

Well thanks for the help everyone, after all my questions I finally purchased my boat, its a 2001 Super Air Nautique. So now comes the fun part, adding ballast. Can you guys let me know the best setup to run? want to plumb it all through the factory system, I want to really load it down I was looking at the fly high system but its a little pricey.

loudontn 03-15-2010 8:06 AM

Pix or it didn't happen! :D

We have entirely different boats so I can't recommend the best ballast set up, but best of luck!

delmage171 03-15-2010 8:51 AM

did you get that sickk White one from Buxton??

Michael 03-15-2010 11:04 AM

so my buddy has the flat back tanks so ontop of stock ballest we put,
450# in each trunk
450 #against the back seat
250 # on the seat
650 # bag in the nose
a bag just filled up under the front seats... i dont really know how much is in that

rvh3 03-15-2010 11:06 AM

The stock pumps and valves are one big pile of crap! Start over with decent pumps and get rid of the shut-off valves. I tried to make due with mine and ended starting over. Good luck.

seth 03-15-2010 1:30 PM

I put a system in my 01 SAN. Three ballast puppies, 750's in back, custom locker sac, integrated bow sac in nose. It ends up being pretty pricey after you add everything up, but so worth it when out on the water!! Check out Planetnautique.com. A bunch of guys have done systems like this and there are a bunch of pics. Let me know if you have any questions.

hunter660 03-15-2010 3:05 PM

I've got (2) 550s, (2) 260s, and (1) 370 if you want to try them and see what works for you before laying down the $$$.

superair502 03-15-2010 5:20 PM

Seth,
how much is your ski locker sack and what dimensions? Also howfull does the integrated bow get and how much weight is that you would guess?

Jon,
sounds good man! When are u planning on getting out? Mine gets here on the 5th.

hunter660 03-15-2010 8:33 PM

I've got to do a little work on my boat before I take it out. But I'm ready now if I had a pull.

jasonwm 03-15-2010 9:51 PM

Are you wanting to weight the boat for wakeboarding and surfing, or just wakeboarding? We just helped a customer upgrade his 2000 SAN, so I can shoot you the system he ended up going with if that would help.

epic1 03-15-2010 10:15 PM

yeah, no one takes you serious till we see a pic.

superair502 03-15-2010 10:52 PM

Um mainly wakeboarding, I'm not concernedwith weighting it for surfing that much really. I do wanna really sack it out and maximize the wake tho. Hang on guys I've been on the iPhone so I couldn't post pics. I'll hop on the old laptop in a minute and post afew pics, boat is pretty stock at the moment tho, but I plan on changing that very soon.

03-16-2010 9:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Try a search, this subject has been discussed at length many, many times. Also try Planetnautique.com. There are a ton of really detailed ballast installs there.

Anyway, to answer your question. If you want to really mack it out you're gonna want 2,500-3,000#s. I run 550-600 #s in each rear v-drive compartment, a custom sac in the locker probably about 7-800 #s and an open bow triangle in the bow probably another 7-800 #s. Plus 300 #s in lead to move around.

I have 2 friends that run the integrated bow sac. It is nice because they have use of their bow where as I don't, but it's not enough weight alone. You can get away with it if you use an extra couple hundred pounds of lead up front, which is what they do. I'd guess the integrated sac probably holds 3-400 #s when full.

oh, and of course a wake pic. 24-25 mph at 85', rider is 6'1" :D...

superair502 03-16-2010 6:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Sorry guys
tried to put the pics of the boat up last night but the sight was down for maintainance. Sperbet, is all that weight including the factory tanks as well? Are the tanks under the floor board or in the rear hatches? The reason I am asking is because I havent received the boat yet, it arrives on April 5th. I bought it from a dealer up in new york state and i live in louisville ky. Before everyone flames me I got a great deal and the boat has pretty low hours and I had a complete marine survey done on the boat before I finalized the purchase. But anyways here are a few pics i scanned onto my computer, most are the old fashioned kind (not digital).
:)

seth 03-16-2010 11:33 PM

Sweet dude!! That is the exact same boat that I have except I have a red tower on mine. I was going to throw the link to my install on here but Planetnautique is down right now. The custom locker sack is 12"Hx27"Wx74"L I believe. When I can get back on that site ill throw the link on here. That sack really makes a difference when using the integrated bow sack. My wake is perfect with about 80lbs extra of lead in the nose. The custom sack is between 700-800lbs like Scott said and the integrated sack only gets between 300-400 I would guess. For the super mackin wake I throw another 600lb sack in the center of the boat. If that thing has the stock prop you will definately have to change it out. I am running the ACME 1236 and it pulls all that weight out of the water no problem!

seth 03-16-2010 11:35 PM

Get rid of the factory system

The factory system is garbage and if youre doing ballast puppys anyway you wont want to mess with it. Tear it out.

03-17-2010 9:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seth (Post 1562695)
The factory system is garbage and if youre doing ballast puppys anyway you wont want to mess with it. Tear it out.

I second this notion. The stock ballast systems are garbage. The numbers I gave above are not including any kind of factory system.

superair502 03-17-2010 9:17 AM

how do u take out the factory tanks?

jasonwm 03-17-2010 1:18 PM

They're secured with L brackets in the locker. Pull them out and you have room for a 750 pound bag on each side.